Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] Personal server-settings + enabling the blocked cvars

Post New Thread Reply   

zond33
Old 10-27-2009 , 14:29   [REQ] Personal server-settings + enabling the blocked cvars
Reply With Quote #1

Hello all coders!

What I'm looking for is a plugin that allows you to set your own server-side settings.

For an example, I want mp_footsteps 1 because I don't want to hear other peoples footsteps, so I would open a menu and select mp_footsteps and set it to 1. This way other people can hear your footsteps but you cannot hear theirs.

Same goes for an example, sv_gravity. I want to jump around with gravity, I would just open the menu, scroll to sv_gravity and put it's value to whatever I want it to be and it would then be that value for only me, not anyone else.

I hope you got what I meant.

Here's a list of cvars that could be modified through the plugin:

mp_footsteps
sv_gravity
sv_maxvelocity
sv_maxspeed
sv_stepsize
sv_accelerate
sv_airaccelerate
sv_airmove

And the other thing;

Would it be possible to re-enable the cvars cl_yawspeed, special, +/-right and +/-left? I would like to have them on my server for scripting purposes.

I really hope some coder could take a look at this and hopefully be enough nice to try to code these

Thanks, zond33
lazarev
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2009 , 15:11   Re: [REQ] Personal server-settings + enabling the blocked cvars
Reply With Quote #2

i think it is impossible...
PS +right +left and else are not cvars
Trafalete
Old 10-27-2009 , 16:29   Re: [REQ] Personal server-settings + enabling the blocked cvars
Reply With Quote #3

AFAIK gravity was made already ... special was done "artificially" by someone here on the forum, not sure who exactly...but you could search...the footsteps one wouldn't be that hard to implement....as far as the others are concerned...i am not sure if they can be enabled only for one player...it would give admins too big of an advantage over normal players

zond33
Old 10-28-2009 , 00:22   Re: [REQ] Personal server-settings + enabling the blocked cvars
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalete View Post
AFAIK gravity was made already ... special was done "artificially" by someone here on the forum, not sure who exactly...but you could search...the footsteps one wouldn't be that hard to implement....as far as the others are concerned...i am not sure if they can be enabled only for one player...it would give admins too big of an advantage over normal players
I have planned using these plugins on my LAN-server where we just have fun with my friends, so it wouldn't matter that much