12% 

Petition for Valve to fix CS:GO hit reg

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 09-21-2016 , 11:45   Re: Petition for Valve to fix CS:GO hit reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgik57 View Post
Not sure about that. Had a friend that got 2 accounts banned and he wasn't cheating. He might of had some malware or something but I doubt there are malwares that just get your account VAC banned.
Not once, but twice? Sounds like you need to re-evaluate the trust in your friend (hint: he's cheating).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
VAC can ban instantly. I see VAC as being very similar to old school antivirus technology. Any detections of known cheat "definitions" are banned on the spot. New cheats wont be banned until a definition is created. New definitions will roll back over previous VAC scans causing "ban waves" and any new detections cause instant bans.
This post ^^^^^^

All this being said, the petition seems really childish, like "omg fix ur game volvo" which isn't helpful at all.
georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2016 , 14:21   Re: Petition for Valve to fix CS:GO hit reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk74 View Post
Not once, but twice? Sounds like you need to re-evaluate the trust in your friend (hint: he's cheating).
I wasn't playing with him and he had no reason to lie to me because I don't really care if he cheats or not.

Quote:
All this being said, the petition seems really childish, like "omg fix ur game volvo" which isn't helpful at all.
So is having an entire engine broken while making money off it for 12 years and not caring.
SourceMod Moderator
Old 09-21-2016 , 14:47   Re: Petition for Valve to fix CS:GO hit reg

Quote:
I wasn't playing with him and he had no reason to lie to me because I don't really care if he cheats or not.
People always try to make sure they dont look bad to others, it's human nature.

Quote:
So is having an entire engine broken while making money off it for 12 years and not caring.
Must not be so horrendously broken if there are over a half of a million people playing concurrently, daily.
georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2016 , 15:03   Re: Petition for Valve to fix CS:GO hit reg

Quote:
Must not be so horrendously broken if there are over a half of a million people playing concurrently, daily.
People are snobish, stupid and blind. They're too busy looking at the shiny skins and rank.

Quote:
it's human nature.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-21-2016 , 15:56   Re: Petition for Valve to fix CS:GO hit reg

The expected results aren't going to be achieved, but it can hopefully be improved.
However, I think this petition is being misconstrued as a demand rather than a request... The petition will never make Valve change anything, it may simply highlight the fact a sum of players have noticed an issue.

Also, you can still play a game even if it's broken. So stating that a vast majority of players still play it, doesn't mean anything other than they play it beyond a competitive stature. As for those who do play it competitively, they seek improvement if they themselves want to improve. Poorly designed netcode hinders their ability to improve greatly. Also that having cheaters is an inherent, almost, naturally occurring aspect of CS. I can't imagine Valve taking any harder of stance on it than they already have.

Seems silly to point fingers and chalk it up to people complaining. Valve needs to improve their game at what is feasibly possible, and people need to get a better understanding at what is feasible to be improved without creating a new engine.

Last edited by Maxximou5; 09-21-2016 at 15:57.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2016 , 19:31   Re: Petition for Valve to fix CS:GO hit reg

The way i see this.

How the engine is designed and networked inherently has side effects. No game has a perfect implementation that doesnt have side effects. Crying like kids who didnt get a candy bar in the super market gets nowhere. The guy in the video is 'imo' a full retard.

Take a step back to learn how the engine works and have a bing moment of, oh, this petition is stupid. Whats being asked can NEVER be fully "fixed" because they are side effects of bsp/srcds engines.
Old 09-21-2016 , 19:50   Re: Petition for Valve to fix CS:GO hit reg

While I don't believe he is a "full retard" I do agree with your presumption of how they would have a change of tune if they did take a step back and learned more about the engine.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2016 , 09:25   Re: Petition for Valve to fix CS:GO hit reg

When you idiots will learn to NOT PLAY MMOs... you will always, always, 100% sure get screwed and milked
Old 09-22-2016 , 16:45   Re: Petition for Valve to fix CS:GO hit reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresie View Post
When you idiots will learn to NOT PLAY MMOs... you will always, always, 100% sure get screwed and milked
CSGO is an MMO now?
Old 09-22-2016 , 16:46   Re: Petition for Valve to fix CS:GO hit reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
CSGO is an MMO now?
And you and I are idiots.
Welcome fellow MMO player.
Closed Thread