Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

GunGame AMXX

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

sHum
Old 01-20-2007 , 05:32   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

+++Karma! Great mod, and sooo much consistent support, unlike other mods that slowly get fewer n fewer dev-response.

- Karma .. made me read through 58 whole pages of responses, just to find out that Gungame is apparently catered to CSDM only.

no one has brought up anything regarding running GG on a War3FT server or UWC3 server (big popular on many servers too)... so i guess ima do it, and i sincerely hope something would be done especially for this.

GG run almost perfectly on my UWC3 server, and omg the response from the players is just joy to the ears when i added GG. But nope, soon everyone started getting pissed, we found ourselves dead-locked in a 24/7 glock arena. no one could progress levels, even with 68 - 3 score(Frags:deaths). Reason? Conflict somewhere within GG n UWC3...

i've taken a bulk of my time to try to recreate this bug to pin point where the problem lies, and thought i could hopefully point it out exactly and just wait for the fix.. but i can't seem to nail the bug.

Players that get killed, constant get "XX Has lost a Level due to suicide".. in the attempt to recreate this, i've noticed it happens most when (UWC3)"XX's Trueshot Aura killed YY". So whatever the players do, everyone just gains, and then lose their levels, ending up back down to the 1st GG level, Glocks.

gg_worldspawn_suicide is long set to 0.. "1" didnt help at all either.

is there any hopes of a GG affair with UWC3? since it's soo happily married to CSDM .. maybe not tomoro or the day after, but any light down the road for full unbuggy support for GGUWC3?

maybe i could just simply comment out the "lose a level on 'suicide'" function ? which would be which lines? and any other lines related?
or perhaps is there a cvar-function i could manually add to the sma myself that will permenantly disable the possibility of "LEVEL_DOWN" .. ?

Last edited by sHum; 01-20-2007 at 09:56.
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 01-20-2007 , 06:34   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

It's because WC3's extra damage makes the players kill themselves and only makes it appear that they were killed by the other players.

If you want to disable level down due to suicide, set gg_worldspawn_suicide to 0 and comment out line 746 (in Notepad, CTRL+G). But, players still won't gain levels for killing players with extra damage.
sHum
Old 01-20-2007 , 11:00   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

done, all it was was line 746 n it's without a hitch now

ty
murphy12
Old 01-20-2007 , 16:02   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

When i did the gun game like it says ML_NOTFOUND how do i fix dat
Veteran Member
Old 01-20-2007 , 16:05   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

Did you add the language file to your data/lang folder?

Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Dragon
Tiny
Old 01-22-2007 , 00:57   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

Waiting for the version 1.13 cause people are going crazy on the server with this
Old 01-22-2007 , 18:47   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

woah wassnt so hard to add it to the server
Old 01-22-2007 , 21:57   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

I just got a new server from a different company which is running windows and I can't get GunGame to work. It has error. I installed GunGame on my other server which is linux and had no problems.. Plz Help!! Thx
Curryking
Veteran Member
Old 01-22-2007 , 22:21   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAvalanchexX View Post
[...]
Curryking: I'll look into it. Do you use the cvars mp_winlimit or mp_maxrounds? When the vote does appear, does it give you the "Voting finished" message? And if so, is the map that it says will be next the current map you are on, or does it appear correctly?
[...]
Nope, don't use mp_winlimit nor mp_maxrounds.
The vote does appear correctly, but sometimes the vote is not finished and somebody won the round (with a little luck & skill the last 2 levels are over in a few secs), so that the map is changed immediately to the map which is actually running, cause "nextmap" is always the actual one ^^ - am I the only one with this problem? :-(

Curry
Veteran Member
Old 01-22-2007 , 22:23   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.12

Cracker0309: What is the error? Follow the troubleshooting section on the first page.

Curryking: Is that the only reason the votes don't work? Because the game ends too quickly?
Closed Thread