Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Project Finished] Public free FastDL for Source Game Servers

Post New Thread Reply   

pequla
Old 03-30-2019 , 12:29   [Project Finished] Public free FastDL for Source Game Servers
Reply With Quote #1

Hey there, i have posted before about this, but today i can officially say that my project is finished and up and running. My goal with this is to help small servers to get free and reliable FastDL service, they can use it to host custom maps, materials, sounds etc...

If you need the service you can apply on steam group or here by posting me a link to you custom files, you can use gamebanana, steam workshop, alliedmodders, or direct link from dopbox, onedrive, gdrive... Also make sure you say what game the files are for (when you send me a direct link)

You can enable FastDL in your server.cfg file, make sure that these are set exactly as i paste (edit GAMEDIR to you game server directory - csgo, tf, cstrike, hl2mp, hl1mp, garrysmod, insurgency... also if you are not sure what you game dir is go to FastDL and find it)

Code:
//FAST-DL SETTINGS
sv_downloadurl "http://nautika.ddns.net:81/GAMEDIR"
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_allowupload 1
More info on steam group i linked up there...
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-30-2019 , 13:47   Re: [Project Finished] Public free FastDL for Source Game Servers
Reply With Quote #2

While coming from a good place, a residential ISP with ~5Mbps upload is not really suitable for hosting like this. That isn't really enough bandwidth just for the gameservers you're running.
Old 04-02-2019 , 17:59   Re: [Project Finished] Public free FastDL for Source Game Servers
Reply With Quote #3

I thought it would be behind cloudflare using caching.
Old 04-03-2019 , 22:35   Re: [Project Finished] Public free FastDL for Source Game Servers
Reply With Quote #4

You should do an web app. When user registration then generates some folder and ftp access.
Then the user can upload anything he wants or you can check extension when upload or disable some file to upload to prevent to using as web or anything.

Last edited by DeteCT0R; 04-03-2019 at 22:37.
pequla
Old 04-06-2019 , 10:18   Re: [Project Finished] Public free FastDL for Source Game Servers
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
While coming from a good place, a residential ISP with ~5Mbps upload is not really suitable for hosting like this. That isn't really enough bandwidth just for the gameservers you're running.
Dude WTF my ISP changed his name, at first i taught you messed up the url but now in quote i see what the fuck...

tho my location is Belgrade not Pancevo, and i have two of these connections (in my house), on one are my game servers (Half Life DM Source) and on the other one is fastdl

I know the speed isnt good, but still its better than nothing, i know for a fact that it needs 6sec to download de_aztec, i think still it can help, dl speed of most famous openfastdl is 6mbps....so...