Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CSGO Load backup through vote

Post New Thread Reply   

Xenoadria
Old 03-24-2018 , 07:56   CSGO Load backup through vote
Reply With Quote #1

Greetings,

I hope I am writing on the right place. Anyway in few days I'll be working on one LAN event and we kinda don't want to use any "third" party programs/platforms/plugins (unless really necessary) that could help us out in administrating the matches and the server itself. I personally like to work on vanilla server without any "modifications" that could help in any way, so I'm here asking for some help with two things I still haven't figure how to do and if they are possible at all.

#1 Load backup trough classic vote (like votekick, change map)
I am aware that csgo server is making backup of every round that has been played. I have no problems restoring those rounds trough console, it's working flawlessly over console however I would like to set it up to go trough vote, tried lots of combinations with cvar but Restore Round was nowhere to be found in vote menu. Anyone has correct cvar configuration so it can work ?

#2 Seen it in lots of "professional" matches. X pauses that last X seconds.
Couldn't find how to setup that anywhere. Any idea how to set this up ?
That would be a nice touch.

I hope I haven't missed the place and I hope that someone can help me out with this

Best regards

Last edited by Xenoadria; 03-24-2018 at 20:00.
DukeBruno123
Old 03-24-2018 , 09:06   Re: CSGO Load backup trough vote
Reply With Quote #2

#1 The convars "sv_vote_issue_loadbackup_allowed" and "sv_vote_issue_loadbackup_spec_only" are used for this, altho they dont work at all. I tried everything and they do not do anything at all. Seems to be exclusive to Valve servers

#2 The hidden convar "sv_vote_issue_timeout_allowed" is used to toggle this on/off. Then "mp_team_timeout_max" is used to set the max timeouts per time and "mp_team_timeout_time" to set the length of each timeout
Xenoadria
Old 03-24-2018 , 11:35   Re: CSGO Load backup trough vote
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBruno123 View Post
#1 The convars "sv_vote_issue_loadbackup_allowed" and "sv_vote_issue_loadbackup_spec_only" are used for this, altho they dont work at all. I tried everything and they do not do anything at all. Seems to be exclusive to Valve servers

#2 The hidden convar "sv_vote_issue_timeout_allowed" is used to toggle this on/off. Then "mp_team_timeout_max" is used to set the max timeouts per time and "mp_team_timeout_time" to set the length of each timeout
Tried lots of things aswell for #1 couldn't figure it out, that's why I asked here. Thought someone must know what's going on But yea, maybe you are right, maybe it's exclusive to Valve servers.

#2 Works like a charm and thank you. However sv_vote_issue_timeout_allowed does nothing (I mean it does but when I enter it trough console) it says Unknown command : sv_vote_issue_timeout_allowed.
Other two I've setuped and timeout is working like I wanted. So thank you very much.

However I do have few more questions now when I found out there are hidden cvars. How do we make changes to them if it's possible at all to do that ?
For example, right now I have Swap Teams, Scramble Teams and Change Map (which is not changing the map but sets the map as the next one I guess) enabled for vote. I can't seem to find regular/unlocked cvar to disable that, is there a way to disable that at all ?
I did find locked ones, but how can I "force" them ?
for example:
Spoiler

Edit: Figured out that I can "force" those cvars with
sm_cvar <cvar> but in this case SM needs to be present obviously
Edit 2: Swap teams,scramble teams votes are disabled, managed to do that.
However issue #1 still remains as a mystery

Last edited by Xenoadria; 03-24-2018 at 20:05.
DukeBruno123
Old 03-25-2018 , 06:08   Re: CSGO Load backup through vote
Reply With Quote #4

For #1 I googled and tested A LOT sometimes hours on end when I was too bored and never ever got it working...

I dont think its possible unless you make your own plugin using nativevotes

EDIT:

BREAKTHROUGH

Using plugins to set these to proper values (1 and an actual string)

"m_szTournamentEventName" to for example "Custom Test Tournament"
"m_szTournamentEventStage" to for example "Finals"
"m_bIsQueuedMatchmaking" to 1
"m_bIsValveDS" to 1

(Some might not be needed and you might ONLY have to set "m_szTournamentEventName" & "m_szTournamentEventStage" to something, I didnt test so far)

makes THIS APPEAR:

Altho the votes dont actually do anything you can now use nativevotes and another custom plugin to listen to the commands "callvote StartTimeOut" and "callvote Surrender" and so on and so on, to create a ingame vote for all the options.

Its work but fuck yeah it works! FINALLY I GOT SO FAR After hours and hours and hours, I am happy right now.

Will write a simple plugin later on to actually use them.

EDIT 2:

Through testing I found out you only have to set

"m_szTournamentEventName" to a string and set "m_bIsQueuedMatchmaking" to 1.

The issue with "m_bIsQueuedMatchmaking" is that it disables team switching, you will not be able to switch teams no matter what you do (Plugins can force teams but no ingame menu choice kinda sucks)

EDIT 3:

These are the commands that are being used when you click on one

ReadyForMatch = Warmup countdown start
NotReadyForMatch = Warmup countdown stop
PauseMatch = Pause Match
UnpauseMatch = Unpause Match
starttimeout = Start a Timeout
LoadBackup <filename>.txt = Load backup vote for wanted round

You can also use them in the console for example "callvote NotReadyForMatch".

EDIT 4:

I made a quick plugin you can use as a base, I do not recommend using it without modifying it but its your own choice.

GitHub Link

Note: I am bad at scripting so it might look bad or weird.

Last edited by DukeBruno123; 06-04-2018 at 22:47.
Xenoadria
Old 03-25-2018 , 15:25   Re: CSGO Load backup through vote
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBruno123 View Post
For #1 I googled and tested A LOT sometimes hours on end when I was too bored and never ever got it working...

I dont think its possible unless you make your own plugin using nativevotes

EDIT:

BREAKTHROUGH

Using plugins to set these to proper values (1 and an actual string)

"m_szTournamentEventName" to for example "Custom Test Tournament"
"m_szTournamentEventStage" to for example "Finals"
"m_bIsQueuedMatchmaking" to 1
"m_bIsValveDS" to 1

(Some might not be needed and you might ONLY have to set "m_szTournamentEventName" & "m_szTournamentEventStage" to something, I didnt test so far)

makes THIS APPEAR:

Altho the votes dont actually do anything you can now use nativevotes and another custom plugin to listen to the commands "callvote StartTimeOut" and "callvote Surrender" and so on and so on, to create a ingame vote for all the options.

Its work but fuck yeah it works! FINALLY I GOT SO FAR After hours and hours and hours, I am happy right now.

Will write a simple plugin later on to actually use them.

EDIT 2:

Through testing I found out you only have to set

"m_szTournamentEventName" to a string and set "m_bIsQueuedMatchmaking" to 1.

The issue with "m_bIsQueuedMatchmaking" is that it disables team switching, you will not be able to switch teams no matter what you do (Plugins can force teams but no ingame menu choice kinda sucks)

EDIT 3:

These are the commands that are being used when you click on one

ReadyForMatch = Warmup countdown start
NotReadyForMatch = Warmup countdown stop
PauseMatch = Pause Match
UnpauseMatch = Unpause Match
starttimeout = Start a Timeout
LoadBackup <filename>.txt = Load backup vote for wanted round

You can also use them in the console for example "callvote NotReadyForMatch".

EDIT 4:

I made a quick plugin you can use as a base, I do not recommend using it without modifying it but its your own choice.

GitHub Link

Note: I am bad at scripting so it might look bad or weird.
I can't believe what I'm looking to be honest Very good job man and thank you.
I've put your plugin as it is to see how it's behaving.
It sucks m_bIsQueuedMatchmaking disables team selection menu, however you can use This plugin to put people in team. It has to be done manually but alright, it's something.

What do you suggest editing in your plugin ?
DukeBruno123
Old 03-26-2018 , 01:55   Re: CSGO Load backup through vote
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoadria View Post
I can't believe what I'm looking to be honest Very good job man and thank you.
I've put your plugin as it is to see how it's behaving.
It sucks m_bIsQueuedMatchmaking disables team selection menu, however you can use This plugin to put people in team. It has to be done manually but alright, it's something.

What do you suggest editing in your plugin ?
Honestly idk, It should work just like it is, but there might be some errors. In my quick 1-man test it worked.

And just now today I found out you have to call the Gamerule changes on "OnMapStart" and not on "OnConfigsExecuted". Simple fix tho and already done.

EDIT:
The plugin I wrote, yea it works kinda but not 100%, some votes are suppose to require all players to vote yes, and some only 1 player to vote yes. I cant really get that to work with NativeVotes tho and sadly its no longer developed (I guess, last update 2 years ago) and there is no alternative that I know of and I am not skilled enough to write an alternative myself.

EDIT 2:

Updated it, it no longer requires NativeVotes and the weird bug (?) mentioned in the previous edit is fixed!

Last edited by DukeBruno123; 06-04-2018 at 22:47.