Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Taunt Speed Modifier v.2.2 (Updated: April 5, 2017)

Post New Thread Reply   

FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2017 , 16:43   Re: [TF2] Taunt Speed Modifier v.2.0 (Updated: March 21, 2017)
Reply With Quote #41

Saw the DMs. Nice work.

How'd you handle oddly-set-up tauntkills like the Gunslinger one, where there's a series of events that get set one after the other?

And how about a cvar to disable modifying taunt event timing, so that tauntkill anims can still be sped up, but can't be abused?

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 03-22-2017 at 16:45.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2017 , 23:20   Re: [TF2] Taunt Speed Modifier v.2.0 (Updated: March 21, 2017)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Saw the DMs. Nice work.

How'd you handle oddly-set-up tauntkills like the Gunslinger one, where there's a series of events that get set one after the other?

And how about a cvar to disable modifying taunt event timing, so that tauntkill anims can still be sped up, but can't be abused?
Basically i calculated the next taunt attack time and saved it, created a repeating timer that would check and compare the next taunt attack to the saved time, if it changes then calculate the new taunt attack time..etc until the next taunt attack is 0.0 then stop the timer.

cvar seems like a good idea, i'll add it this weekend.
Old 03-24-2017 , 20:25   Re: [TF2] Taunt Speed Modifier v.2.0 (Updated: March 21, 2017)
Reply With Quote #43

So when I tried to do this, I ran into potential infinite loops, but I'll compare mine to this and see if I just managed to screw something up somewhere. I'll also put up my old plugin on gist with hopes that maybe there's something useful in it for you to use.

Ideally, however, the timing fix would be a separate utility plugin that just runs in the background, and the taunt speed modifier that actually sets the attribute on people (the 'fun plugin') would be this plugin. Thoughts on that kind of setup?

https://github.com/xcalvinsz/tauntsp...tspeed.sp#L283
why is this here?^ And if it's necessary, why isn't it speed = 0.6?

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 03-24-2017 at 20:27.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2017 , 21:17   Re: [TF2] Taunt Speed Modifier v.2.0 (Updated: March 21, 2017)
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
So when I tried to do this, I ran into potential infinite loops, but I'll compare mine to this and see if I just managed to screw something up somewhere. I'll also put up my old plugin on gist with hopes that maybe there's something useful in it for you to use.

Ideally, however, the timing fix would be a separate utility plugin that just runs in the background, and the taunt speed modifier that actually sets the attribute on people (the 'fun plugin') would be this plugin. Thoughts on that kind of setup?

https://github.com/xcalvinsz/tauntsp...tspeed.sp#L283
why is this here?^ And if it's necessary, why isn't it speed = 0.6?
I also went into an infinite loop at first, maybe it was because you saved the next taunt time and not the next calculated taunt time like i did, if that makes sense?

ATM i just wanna keep everything together as one.

I added that there as a *lazy patch* because apparently Valve did something to "gesture speed increase" attribute, idk how long ago where it doesn't change the taunt duration. For example if i set it to 0.2 and taunt, the animation would stop 1/5 of the way or something like that. Or if i set it to 3.0 and when the animation finishes i would need to wait a few secs for the taunt duration to end. Anything lower than 0.6 and the taunt kills won't apply, so setting it to 0.6 was just a lazy patch. And yes i should of just set it to 0.6 lol.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 03-24-2017 at 21:23.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2017 , 21:24   Re: [TF2] Taunt Speed Modifier v.2.0 (Updated: March 21, 2017)
Reply With Quote #45

That's... really odd.

Psyduck likes replays.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2017 , 18:35   Re: [TF2] Taunt Speed Modifier v.2.0 (Updated: March 21, 2017)
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
That's... really odd.
Nope i'm an idiot. I was removing the attribute on the TF2_OnConditionRemoved forward. Apparently TF2_OnConditionRemoved is called way too early before the animation finishes, so it cuts off too early/too late.

I'll be updating this soon with a menu option to freeze animation with middle-mouse click.

Edit: Nope, apparently setting gesture speed on TF2_OnConditionAdded seems to not update the duration. Obviously i can set the attribute when command is executed instead but i want to be able to freeze the animation mid-way as well.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 04-02-2017 at 23:17.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2017 , 03:31   Re: [TF2] Taunt Speed Modifier v.2.0 (Updated: March 21, 2017)
Reply With Quote #47

Yes, the taunt duration gets calculated before they actually gain the taunt condition. However, the duration should be another offset somewhere that you can probably modify, but better to let Valve's code modify it so you're not hazarding calculations.

Psyduck likes replays.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2017 , 22:41   Re: [TF2] Taunt Speed Modifier v.2.1 (Updated: April 3, 2017)
Reply With Quote #48

Uploaded v.2.1
  • Taunt Speed/Voice removed properly on plugin unloaded
  • Removed SetTauntSpeed/RemoveTauntSpeed natives
  • Added SetGestureSpeed/SetVoicePitch/SetTauntAttackSpeed/RemoveGestureSpeed/RemoveVoicePitch natives
  • Added convar sm_tauntspeed_attack to set whether or not to change the attack time of taunts
  • Added convar sm_tauntspeed_voice to set whether or not to change the voice pitch of taunts
  • Fixed issue with taunt duration on very slow getting cut too early/very fast getting stuck after taunting

• Small update to natives/registering natives

Last edited by Chaosxk; 04-05-2017 at 16:40.
Wazbat
Old 08-17-2017 , 12:09   Re: [TF2] Taunt Speed Modifier v.2.2 (Updated: April 5, 2017)
Reply With Quote #49

Is there a chat command to open the menu?
Found it. /tauntspeedme
Though the permissions are strange. Non-admins cant seem to use sm_tauntspeedme. What would I set sm_tauntspeed_flag to to let them? I've tried 0 and 1
Never mind I'm an ididot and forgot about command overrides.

Last edited by Wazbat; 08-17-2017 at 13:04.
Mr_HaleYa
Old 03-22-2019 , 22:51   Re: [TF2] Taunt Speed Modifier v.2.2 (Updated: April 5, 2017)
Reply With Quote #50

Its not working at all...