Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Jockey racing v1.0.8(+ 4 player mode)

Post New Thread Reply   

honorcode23
BANNED
Old 07-25-2010 , 15:58   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #11

God, this is so awesome!. I couldn't stop laughting with my brother. Excellent work. But, just one thing to report (But, maybe it is my server), i can only get it working trough the game with sourcemod, not on a dedicated server, but im pretty sure its my server, it have been crashing alot the past 3 days .
Fleepster99
Old 07-25-2010 , 17:16   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorcode23 View Post
God, this is so awesome!. I couldn't stop laughting with my brother. Excellent work. But, just one thing to report (But, maybe it is my server), i can only get it working trough the game with sourcemod, not on a dedicated server, but im pretty sure its my server, it have been crashing alot the past 3 days .
Glad you like it , if anyone else has the same problem please let me know and il look into it.
Abaddown
Old 07-25-2010 , 19:16   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #13

This is cool. Ive been playing with racemod myself and infected bots to make it 4 man. I am lacking the team color system at the moment. Your way is good. I would love to spawn as jockey and keep it campaign though. Too much problem with getting a game going. Right now I can can use infected bots and change teams and get assigned but can't jump or dismount. Would be nice if you can find a way to get infected bots to work with this. Nice work.
Searcher64
Old 07-25-2010 , 21:17   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #14

ALL cvars are not working for me
Fleepster99
Old 07-25-2010 , 21:24   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddown View Post
This is cool. Ive been playing with racemod myself and infected bots to make it 4 man. I am lacking the team color system at the moment. Your way is good. I would love to spawn as jockey and keep it campaign though. Too much problem with getting a game going. Right now I can can use infected bots and change teams and get assigned but can't jump or dismount. Would be nice if you can find a way to get infected bots to work with this. Nice work.
I see what you are saying and i did think about (and still may do) implementing a campaign mode, i dont think it would be very complicated altogether.About the bots moving towards the safehouse im not sure that is possible with the AI system, but i definately cant do it myself.
A way around the ai system would be to use
PHP Code:
sm_cvar z_jockey_control_min 0
sm_cvar z_jockey_control_max 0 
This would give the human full control and i could maybe also add the jockey jump(using a human) but tbh if the human is the one making all the movements then i don't think people would enjoy it much, although it would be easier to get players. About the jumping all im using is dietasee's jockey jump plugin, dismount is from thraka's "infected release"
Fleepster99
Old 07-25-2010 , 21:26   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher64 View Post
ALL cvars are not working for me
Hm weird have you still got the 1.0 version?, does "Gamemode_jockey_racing" work? i will try to go through them to see which ones don't work for me.
Searcher64
Old 07-25-2010 , 21:39   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #17

Your cvars are confusing me here 0_o

Quote:
Jockey_racing_on = CreateConVar("Gamemode_jockey_racing","1", "Is Jockey racing on", FCVAR_PLUGIN, true, 0.0, true, 1.0);
Shouldn't it be

Gamemode_Jockey_racing_on = CreateConVar("Gamemode_jockey_racing","1", "Is Jockey racing on", FCVAR_PLUGIN, true, 0.0, true, 1.0);

?

By the way, gamemode_jockey_racing_on works for me
kiloat
Old 07-25-2010 , 22:05   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #18

everything works fine for me.. but I prefer not to spawn common zombies cause it messes the human in the saferoom, when we all got there the zombies still attack us (survivors) making them unable to move to close the door, as we all know killing and damaging the commons is impossible. we turn the cheats on to kill the darn commons but in the next round the mode was reset and the survivors got damage and killed by commons again.
Searcher64
Old 07-25-2010 , 22:20   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #19

Yeah, can you disable the commons and stuff? It messes up the game
Fleepster99
Old 07-25-2010 , 22:20   Re: [L4d2] Jockey racing
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloat View Post
everything works fine for me.. but I prefer not to spawn common zombies cause it messes the human in the saferoom, when we all got there the zombies still attack us (survivors) making them unable to move to close the door, as we all know killing and damaging the commons is impossible. we turn the cheats on to kill the darn commons but in the next round the mode was reset and the survivors got damage and killed by commons again.
oh did you turn the gamemode on during a normal game, for example did you type "sm_cvar Gamemode_jockey_racing 1" in the middle of a normal game, because i dont recommend doing that, the best way to do it is by going to your .cfg on your sourcemod folder and find a file called "sm_racing_on" and change the cvar above to a 1, i dont c any other way that common zombies and infected would spawn.
And when you want to play normal just change the cvar again to a 0.
Hope that fixes it