Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:GO] Server is down and won't get up, what can i do to fix it?

Post New Thread Reply   

Chesterfield
Old 09-15-2013 , 10:48   [CS:GO] Server is down and won't get up, what can i do to fix it?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello guys, I'm new in this forum and if i'm posting this in the wrong section please let me know.

Yesterday, i've seen that in my CS:GO server which have 18 slots, only 16 people could connect (Server is running in Casual mode), i've checked on Internet and i've seen that people were saying that CS:GO has a player limit, and the solution was "Edit the gamemode.txt and change the maxplayers from 16 to another number" First i've tried it in my CS:GO folder and it worked, i've tested it with bots and i could put more bots, so because it worked perfectly in my CS:GO, i did the same to my CS:GO server, I enter to the FTP, found gamemode.txt and changed from 16 (casual mode) to 32, and suddenly when the server changed map it crashed, I restarted server and still crashed, i even change the maxplayers to it's original value, but server won't get up.

I'm actually sure that the problem is that, because that's the only thing that i've touch, has someone this same error? was actually good what i did or it was a mistake to change the maxplayers from the gamemode.txt? If i delete the gamemode.txt in the CS:GO folder, would the server generate it back?

And an extra info, the server is running the latest version of Metamod and Sourcemods.

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for my bad English.
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2013 , 11:05   Re: [CS:GO] Server is down and won't get up, what can i do to fix it?
Reply With Quote #2

Make backup of gamemode.txt by renaming it to gamemode.bak
Grab gamemode.txt from your CS:GO installation, example:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo
Put it on server

And tell if stuff works.
Old 09-15-2013 , 13:26   Re: [CS:GO] Server is down and won't get up, what can i do to fix it?
Reply With Quote #3

Very much thanks man, it worked.

Now i know what's the problem and is there a way to change the maxplayers from the server? because i still have this problem, my 18 slot server only allow 16 players, the others 2 can't join to any team, only to spectator!
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2013 , 13:47   Re: [CS:GO] Server is down and won't get up, what can i do to fix it?
Reply With Quote #4

map have not enough spawn points... ?

Last edited by Bacardi; 09-15-2013 at 14:04. Reason: ?
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2013 , 13:53   Re: [CS:GO] Server is down and won't get up, what can i do to fix it?
Reply With Quote #5

You could try adding more spawn points with Stripper: Source if it works with CS:GO
Old 09-15-2013 , 15:33   Re: [CS:GO] Server is down and won't get up, what can i do to fix it?
Reply With Quote #6

The map actually have 40 spawn points, i've tested them and all of them work correctly, i just feel that CS:GO have a maxplayer limitation, that's why i won't let ppl join to the server, i've changed the gamemode.txt and the server works fine now, i need to wait till people "make it full" to check if they can play.
Chesterfield
Old 09-15-2013 , 18:25   Re: [CS:GO] Server is down and won't get up, what can i do to fix it?
Reply With Quote #7

Anyway, my main problem was resolved thanks to Oshizu, much appreciate, i'll create another thread specifying my next problem with the maxplayers.