Ever tired of dying, when a survivor bot has a defib, and the game just goes on without you because bots won't defib you? Well, No more!
How it works :
This plugin scans the map for any survivor death models, after it finds one, if certain criterias are met, a bot with a defib will then be forced to walk up to the dead body, then he is forced to aim at the dead body, take out his defib, and use +ATTACK to successfully defib a dead survivor.
Video Demonstration here
The criterias for bots to defib survivors are as following :
1) There is distance limit, we don't want bots going halfway across the map just to defib one person
2) No survivors must need help (IE Trapped by a SI, incapacitated or hanging from a ledge)
3) There must be no visible threats to the survivor bots for them to accomplish this
Admin Commands (Added in Version 1.3 and 1.4, Root access required) :
sm_regroup - Orders all survivor bots to regroup and move to where the person who issued this command is located
sm_resetbots - Resets all bots and interrupts their current action.
sm_retreat - Orders all survivor bots to retreat from the special infected you are currently aiming at
sm_attack - Orders all survivor bots to focus and attack the special infected you are currently aiming at
Note that these 2 commands also have the same limitations put into place as the defib usage on bots
To DO :
Version 1.0 04-15-2015 (55 views)
- Initial Release
Version 1.1 04-16-2015 (16 views)
- Improved the AI a bit
- Fixed a bug where in certain situations the bots would shoot non stop
Version 1.2 04-17-2015 (42 views)
- Fixed an oversight where bots would never stop swinging melee weapons
- Added defib tracking for bots into the plugin!
Version 1.3 04-18-2015 (33 views)
- Fixed an oversight where in certain odd conditions bots would not heal
- Added 2 new admin commands to control bots! (Root access required)
Version 1.4 04-19-2015 (99 views)
- Fixed an Invalid Client Array Issue in a timer
- Added sm_retreat and sm_attack admin commands
Version 1.5 04-29-2015 (297 views)
- Small Code Cleanup to make plugin more easily readble
- Completely new system is being used for defib pickup (left4dowtown2 is needed for it to work!)
- As a result, if the defib pickup function is desired, left4downtown2 is needed (Plugin will work without downtown, but bots will not pick up defibs)
Version 1.6 06-24-2015
- Fixed a small oversight where bots would attempt to pick up a defib another person had already picked up, resulting in them never picking up any other defibs (thanks to yurikon for pointing it out!)
Thanks to dcx2 for suggesting "use weapon_defibrillator" !
It is suggested you run Gear Transfer!
If there is an instance where the bots go all dumb and defib people while ignoring zombies please let me know, as this shouldn't be the case.
THIS PLUGIN NOW HAS ITS VERY OWN NATURAL AI FOR DEFIB PICK UP, HOWEVER, Left4Downtown2 IS NEEDED FOR THIS SYSTEM TO WORK.
THE PLUGIN FUNCTIONS WITHOUT Downtown, BUT BOTS WILL NOT PICK UP DEFIBS IF IT IS NOT PRESENT.