Raised This Month: $246 Target: $400
 61% 

Notices

Advertisements 2.0 (Updated 2016/03/23)


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
arne1288
SourceMod Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2012
Old 12-30-2016 , 10:55   Re: Advertisements 2.0 (Updated 2016/03/23)
Reply With Quote #2031

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamild1996 View Post
Is there a way to create localized messages, so different messages will be shown depending on user's language?
Closest match to what you want is [CS:GO/CS:S] ServerAdvertisement - MultiLang | *UPDATED 13.12.2015.

However, that one takes country code, e.g. US=United States, GB=United Kingdom, DK=Denmark, SE=Sweden, DE=Germany, ... etc. on the IP address the player is visiting from.

One caveat - take the example where there are international students in Denmark, Sweden or Germany who plays computer games in their spare time. They don't know Danish, Swedish or German, but well, then they will still get it in the Danish, Swedish or German language with the above plugin when joining from an IP address indicating that they are in that country.
__________________
Mostly known as "DarkDeviL".

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread]
arne1288 is offline
kamild1996
Member
Join Date: May 2011
Old 12-30-2016 , 12:06   Re: Advertisements 2.0 (Updated 2016/03/23)
Reply With Quote #2032

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Closest match to what you want is [CS:GO/CS:S] ServerAdvertisement - MultiLang | *UPDATED 13.12.2015.

However, that one takes country code, e.g. US=United States, GB=United Kingdom, DK=Denmark, SE=Sweden, DE=Germany, ... etc. on the IP address the player is visiting from.

One caveat - take the example where there are international students in Denmark, Sweden or Germany who plays computer games in their spare time. They don't know Danish, Swedish or German, but well, then they will still get it in the Danish, Swedish or German language with the above plugin when joining from an IP address indicating that they are in that country.
I only made it so English and Polish are available on my TF2 server, and I wanted to make sure those two languages are fully available.
So I guess there's no way to make it respect user's selected language instead of guessing from IP? I'm using a plugin for the /language command.

Last edited by kamild1996; 12-30-2016 at 12:08.
kamild1996 is offline
Nexicon
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2017
Old 03-20-2017 , 00:10   Re: Advertisements 2.0 (Updated 2016/03/23)
Reply With Quote #2033

Can you make it support this hud? On mid screen, left, right? Top? Botton? Via cvar?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=295215
Nexicon is offline
Xiaminou
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2017
Old 04-10-2017 , 10:39   Re: Advertisements 2.0 (Updated 2016/03/23)
Reply With Quote #2034

I cannot get colors to work in Empires.

This is what should be working:
SetTrieString(hTrie, "default", "\x01");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "teamcolor", "\x03");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "red", "\x07");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "lightred", "\x0F");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "darkred", "\x02");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "bluegrey", "\x0A");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "blue", "\x0B");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "darkblue", "\x0C");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "purple", "\x03");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "orchid", "\x0E");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "yellow", "\x09");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "gold", "\x10");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "lightgreen", "\x05");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "green", "\x04");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "lime", "\x06");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "grey", "\x08");
SetTrieString(hTrie, "grey2", "\x0D");

These work for people coding plugins for Empires. But aren't working in your plugin. Only thing that's working is {teamcolor}.
Xiaminou is offline
94mtn94
New Member
Join Date: Apr 2017
Old 04-13-2017 , 04:37   Re: Advertisements 2.0 (Updated 2016/03/23)
Reply With Quote #2035

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
This plugin is called Advertisements, not ServerAdvertisement.
/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/text5f3lNQ.sp(2) : fatal error 182: cannot read from file: "colorvariables"
how to fix?
94mtn94 is offline
Veli555
New Member
Join Date: May 2017
Old 05-10-2017 , 10:39   Re: Advertisements 2.0 (Updated 2016/03/23)
Reply With Quote #2036

I'm keeping getting this error but i did everything correctly
pic : http://prntscr.com/f68gom
Veli555 is offline
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Join Date: Feb 2008
Old 05-11-2017 , 09:24   Re: Advertisements 2.0 (Updated 2016/03/23)
Reply With Quote #2037

What SourceMod version are you running? That native was added 3 years ago.
__________________
DJ Tsunami is offline
Veli555
New Member
Join Date: May 2017
Old 05-12-2017 , 12:28   Re: Advertisements 2.0 (Updated 2016/03/23)
Reply With Quote #2038

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
What SourceMod version are you running? That native was added 3 years ago.
| Author..: "ThorN" [email protected]
| Date....: 12-29-2004
Veli555 is offline
ESK0
Veteran Member
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Old 05-12-2017 , 14:51   Re: Advertisements 2.0 (Updated 2016/03/23)
Reply With Quote #2039

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamild1996 View Post
I only made it so English and Polish are available on my TF2 server, and I wanted to make sure those two languages are fully available.
So I guess there's no way to make it respect user's selected language instead of guessing from IP? I'm using a plugin for the /language command.
Now the messages can be based on ingame language. Its been added to .cfg as option for a default language for first time connected players or in !sa3lang command for later use.
__________________
Feel free to add me for private plugins My steam profile.

Last edited by ESK0; 05-12-2017 at 14:52.
ESK0 is offline
ichiballs
Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Old 06-05-2017 , 20:18   Re: Advertisements 2.0 (Updated 2016/03/23)
Reply With Quote #2040

L 06/06/2017 - 0110: [SM] Exception reported: Using two team colors in one message is not allowed
L 06/06/2017 - 0110: [SM] Blaming: adv_adverts_nontf2.smx
L 06/06/2017 - 0110: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 06/06/2017 - 0110: [SM] [0] ThrowError
L 06/06/2017 - 0110: [SM] [1] Line 341, C:\Users\Mini\Desktop\SM_1.4.3\include\colors _ads.inc::CFormat
L 06/06/2017 - 0110: [SM] [2] Line 136, C:\Users\Mini\Desktop\SM_1.4.3\include\colors _ads.inc::CPrintToChatEx
L 06/06/2017 - 0110: [SM] [3] Line 878, C:\Users\Mini\Documents\Repositories\SM-TF2-Advanced-Ads\scripting\adv_adverts.sp::AdvertisementTi mer

Any fix for this?
ichiballs is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:40.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode