1% 

Confession/Clean Slate

Post New Thread Reply   

Dizzy
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2008 , 16:37   Confession/Clean Slate
Reply With Quote #1

Good Afternoon Allied Modders,

I have a confession as of to my pinpoint location thread and basically an apology towards everyone on this forum board. During my extreme immature age I have been one who looked up to ones such as BAILOPAN, Freecode, JGHG, bmann_420, Twilight, and PM. I would try to be someone who contributed as much as they did and in doing so came across as a very irritating member to this forum board since 2004. I would have huge idle periods where my plugins would go unsupported for months, even seasons. I would jump back, in and out, everyone once and a while if I had a question, which is why I have random questions throughout the Off Topic/General Chat section. Questions about how to find someone's exact location through IP, HTML questions, Apache Server questions, and the list goes on. The pinpoint location thread about me getting harassed by someone was a complete hoax and I am sorry for lying to the hundreds of thousands on this forum. I just wanted to gain the knowledge of knowing how to find someone's location through IP.

I am the kind of guy who loves to help out the community and I don't want money in exchange for it... I just want the "Oh my god! Thank you soo much!" or the "Pat on the back" or the "I LOVE YOU!!! THANKS!" from someone. I feel really bad when I get the "idiot" or the "why the help would you post that?" or the "stfu" or the "RTFM!!! NOOB!" So in the past I would try to make quick rebounds to redem myself. They almost all failed.

I have tried scripting, using other's scripts as templates and just modifying them to make them do something slightly different and then get mad when it isn't accepted. I am a Counter-Strike player. I love providing to the community. I made a dedicated server I would run off my personal computer just so people could play. I tried to make plugins to make the server more of an attraction (as you can see through my Purchase Mod). I would always ask people for help one certain portions of my script, never release it and strip credit.

I plan on trying to make finals for all my current plugins that are still Approved and try to repair my Unapproved plugins. I want to clean up the mess I have created here.

I would always wonder why I got such little respect of this site, but I now see why. I have been a shady user on this forum and am sorry for this.

I give everyone on this forum, especially ones I've had attitude towards, for your forgiveness in my 4 years idle, and not idle in this community.

I use to be a bit OCD which is why, in previous posts, I Would Talk Like This And All My Letters We Upper Case. I know how it was extremely irritating to read and I no longer do this. I know I have a few things here and there that I do that are extremely annoying, but I want to start over and I can't do that without respect so I need to first ask you for forgiveness and I swear to always search here, and Google before asking a stupid question on this forum.

I would post something that was easy to answer (I realized this after it was answered) and wonder why I don't even get views to my thread. I know now that it was because I lacked respect and that my karma really shouldn't be Good. It honestly should be Terrible... I don't deserve respect for the ways I have acted in this community.

I'm sorry to everyone on this forum and hope you can find it in your heart to understand why I acted the way I did in the past and accept my apology.

Sincerely, Dizzy

Purchase Mod - Stable
Type Sounds - Stable
Monster Spawner - Stable
Nade Giver - Maintenance
Send a message via AIM to Dizzy
Checkmarks
BANNED
Old 03-22-2008 , 16:54   Re: Confession/Clean Slate
Reply With Quote #2

idk you, but uh.. hello
fxfighter
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2008 , 17:24   Re: Confession/Clean Slate
Reply With Quote #3

i would give you a hug if i wasn't a dude

Last edited by fxfighter; 03-22-2008 at 17:26. Reason: Love Editing
Send a message via MSN to fxfighter
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 03-22-2008 , 19:25   Re: Confession/Clean Slate
Reply With Quote #4

Wow

Well Dizzy for one, I appreciate that very much. And for two, I think your in the same boat as many people here, you just spilled the beans And I think everybody here, who has been here for years that is, we all see the changes in their/our maturity as time goes by, just as in life. Since a lot of people who are young try and make servers, t hen get into it more in depth and start scripting, when their young and assholish or dont think before they post, as Rukia happily goes by. Its what you say in your posts that people judge you by, and if you worry about that, then thats just the way it is. You are who you are, and you mature, Id say just be yourself and if your an ass, your an ass. If your not, then thats even better. I think I have gotten to the point of rambling, so theirs my 10 cents. (In other words, I wouldnt worry about it too much )
Old 03-22-2008 , 20:14   Re: Confession/Clean Slate
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
Wow

Well Dizzy for one, I appreciate that very much. And for two, I think your in the same boat as many people here, you just spilled the beans And I think everybody here, who has been here for years that is, we all see the changes in their/our maturity as time goes by, just as in life. Since a lot of people who are young try and make servers, t hen get into it more in depth and start scripting, when their young and assholish or dont think before they post, as Rukia happily goes by. Its what you say in your posts that people judge you by, and if you worry about that, then thats just the way it is. You are who you are, and you mature, Id say just be yourself and if your an ass, your an ass. If your not, then thats even better. I think I have gotten to the point of rambling, so theirs my 10 cents. (In other words, I wouldnt worry about it too much )
He's right I'm only 14 and last year I tried to make a server and that's how I got into scripting
But I also don't know you, but it's nice you confessed.
-#hero
Dizzy
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2008 , 21:45   Re: Confession/Clean Slate
Reply With Quote #6

Thank you everyone.. I'm glad you understand how I started at age 12 on this site, because I'm 16 now... I just wanted to be cool and know how to script. I get frustrated and through Scripting Help bum code of people and call it my own.

I read my old post called "A Simple Tutorial" where I try to explain code to anyone who views it. I look at my font that reads.

"This Is A Short Tutorial For My Plugin Loaner" (My isn't underlined, but I feel I need to emphasize it because it isn't mine. It's everyone who helped me with its.

It's ridculous, one, how man errors are in it and two how, being a newbie, I try and teach other people.

I just want to help people, and through that aggravate the more experienced. It's also the fact that I like having my name on things and like taking credit, which is such a terrible quality to possess.

Thank you for the replys guys, and sorry.

Purchase Mod - Stable
Type Sounds - Stable
Monster Spawner - Stable
Nade Giver - Maintenance
[Ao1]Hero
BANNED
Old 03-22-2008 , 22:13   Re: Confession/Clean Slate
Reply With Quote #7

Everyone likes taking credit and being accepted and known ;)
Thank god I didn't join two years ago when I was 12 I was a freak lolol
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 03-22-2008 , 22:17   Re: Confession/Clean Slate
Reply With Quote #8

And the more you worry about what people think of you, the less of you, you become.

Your Fine Dizzy
Old 03-22-2008 , 22:30   Re: Confession/Clean Slate
Reply With Quote #9

No, it's wrong, because when I came back to see my Ultimate Sounds plugin moved, shut down, and fix, I felt terrible. I felt like I let down my script users, but honestly what it was, is that I shouldn't have taken the wheel on that script because when they asked for new sounds, I don't know how to do that! I barely knew how to port it. Honestly, I shouldn't have done that, but here I am visiting every once and a while and being scared to look at the posts because I didn't know how to fix it.

I should learn the syntax better, learn the natives, and get better at it.

The same thing happened to me with HTML and CSS.

I knew things here and there, but I couldn't use notepad. I was reliant on Microsoft Frontpage.

I used w3schools and I learned the syntax of HTML and CSS better and properly. Now I can make a site in notepad and use trial and error to get it perfect.

I shouldn't have released my first plugin without first reading the entire tutorial made by Bailopan.

After my 2nd plugin, I realized a tutorial existed... Honestly, I guessed at everything and I knew how to port, because all you do is change a few values here and there to make it match up with amxmodx and change the includes...

I'm glad it was taken out of my hands, and honestly shouldn't get any credit for the port, because I just aggravated people with a plugin that didn't work!

This is why I am frustrated with my immature self and I just get yelled at on this site...

Nobody likes me, and everytime I make a post I feel like I risk the chance of getting yelled at, called a noob, or ban!

I feel like this site is only for people who know there stuff and that I shouldn't have even registered.

Sometimes I feel that I should just make a new user and come back as a newb, learn the syntax and gain positive respect from everyone on the site.

:-\.

Purchase Mod - Stable
Type Sounds - Stable
Monster Spawner - Stable
Nade Giver - Maintenance
[Ao1]Hero
BANNED
Old 03-22-2008 , 22:37   Re: Confession/Clean Slate
Reply With Quote #10

When I joined a few days ago, I had literally never seen a CS script.
You're not a nub. In comparison to me, you're scripting god. But that doesn't mean you don't deserve to learn and be respected. Now that you got all this off your shoulders, you can start coming here again with the respect we all should get.

Last edited by [Ao1]Hero; 03-22-2008 at 22:47.