Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S] Player Protection (v3.6.2)

Post New Thread Reply   

thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-25-2010 , 08:57   Re: [CS:S] Player Spawn Protection
Reply With Quote #11

The .cfg is created automatically once you download and install the plugin into your server in the /cstrike/cfg/sourcemod/ directory under the name sm_player_protection.cfg. Because the plugin uses SDKHooks, it cannot be compiled on these forums, so that is why a .smx is provided. If you wish to compile it manually, you will need to download the .sp as well as SDKHooks (which you should have anyways, since this plugin requires it to run) then place the needed files in your /scripting/ folder and run compile.exe
Old 08-28-2010 , 11:45   Re: [CS:S] Player Spawn Protection
Reply With Quote #12

Hey!
The Plugin works very good but sometimes the timer didn't count correctly.
2 Players 1 protection stops earlier then the other.

Leo
Send a message via ICQ to Böhser Onkel Leo
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-28-2010 , 13:44   Re: [CS:S] Player Spawn Protection
Reply With Quote #13

That's more than likely because the player spawned later than the other. Disable the decay feature if you wish for all players to be protected for the same length of time.
Old 10-16-2010 , 23:38   Re: [CS:S] Player Spawn Protection
Reply With Quote #14

Version 3.3.7 has been released. The code has been optimized yet again to the point I don't think it can get any better, which is sad because I've optimized the code about five times now. I've added the ability to issue notifications to client when they have/no longer have protection. I've also added the ability to issue punishments to players who attack spawn protected clients, including slaying and taking x amount of health away (both with notifications).

Notice! The plugin and it's corresponding configuration file have been renamed! Please delete both sm_player_protection.smx from /sourcemod/plugins/ and sm_player_protection.cfg from /cstrike/cfg!

Update: Version 3.4.1 has been released. Includes various bug fixes that prevented 100% functionality.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 10-18-2010 at 12:53.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 10-24-2010 , 00:50   Re: [CS:S] Protection (Spawn Protection w/ Extras)
Reply With Quote #15

Version 3.4.8 has been released. This update features various bug fixes (the exacts fail me at the moment, but you should update!), as well as the new cvar sm_protection_freeze_time. This cvar destroys the old method of automatically calculating mp_freezetime into the protection value, and lets you determine whether or not you want to include mp_freezetime into your values. If sm_protection_freeze_time is enabled, spawn protection and protection decay are held off until the freeze time end, at which points all players get spawn protection and protection decay starts (if applicable). Otherwise, if the cvar is disabled, or if mp_freezetime is equal to 0, players spawn with protection and decay fires at round_start, if applicable.
Old 10-24-2010 , 04:32   Re: [CS:S] Protection (Spawn Protection w/ Extras)
Reply With Quote #16

Awesome plugin, installing it right away on my server. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2010 , 09:52   Re: [CS:S] Protection (Spawn Protection w/ Extras)
Reply With Quote #17

Is it possible to set this plugin to work with mods that constantly respawn you? We have Zombie Riot and when our players respawn they are immediately attacked by spawn camping zombie bots. Would love to set this plugin to protect them for 20 secs so they can get away.

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 11-06-2010 , 11:10   Re: [CS:S] Protection (Spawn Protection w/ Extras)
Reply With Quote #18

Sure, just disable the decay feature and players will spawn with a static duration of protection. I'm not sure if this will protect you against "infection" coding though. It doesn't apply protection on round_start, rather, on player_spawn iirc.

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 11-06-2010 at 11:14.
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-07-2010 , 10:34   Re: [CS:S] Protection (Spawn Protection w/ Extras)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
Sure, just disable the decay feature and players will spawn with a static duration of protection. I'm not sure if this will protect you against "infection" coding though. It doesn't apply protection on round_start, rather, on player_spawn iirc.
Awesome, thanks twistedpanda. Last question, how do I enable protection for CT's only. I don't want the T's to be protected because they are Zombie Bots and therefore don't need it.

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 11-07-2010 , 11:00   Re: [CS:S] Protection (Spawn Protection w/ Extras)
Reply With Quote #20

I'll have to add that in the next update :-3.