Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] How to hide the stat nofications in chat. Not an admin/server operator.

Post New Thread Reply   

Sharkie
Old 03-05-2013 , 23:57   [TF2] How to hide the stat nofications in chat. Not an admin/server operator.
Reply With Quote #1

So, while i enjoy the utility this plugin and the others like it bring, i cant stand the chat flood.

Unfortunately, i cant use something like "hlx_display 0" in the console or in my class.cfgs as the commands only seem to work through chat. Which is sorta odd, as i know some other plugins let you use the commands through the console.

Im looking for a solution to automatically, or at least more simply hide stat notifications from servers stat plugins unless i bring up the menu, most likely through scripting i would guess.

I also cant use something like
bind [key] say hlx_display 0
because the mutlitude of stat mods use different commands to turn them off and if i were to try, i would be spamming the chat myself. (because they wont work through console, i cant execute multiple ones/avoid chat spam at the same time) Any sort of method to use the console, or send them through chat (but to for instance spectator so they dont bother people), or just bypass that altogether would be great.

Tons of servers run this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS: I tried asking elsewhere, but a lot of people dont even know how to bring up their rank or use the menu so i didnt get far. Thought it would be better to ask the people most knowledgeable about it.

Last edited by Sharkie; 03-06-2013 at 00:34.
St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2013 , 20:27   Re: [TF2] How to hide the stat nofications in chat. Not an admin/server operator.
Reply With Quote #2

Hi,

Admins can log into their HLstats webpage, then go to Game settings, Edit servers, then choose the server they want to modify and then click on the configure button:
There's an option called DefaultDisplayEvents which handles this.
However, this is the default option for players who connect for the first time, which means players can still change this by typing hlx_menu and then going to "Toggle Point Messages" -> Enable/Disable Events.

In one word, this is a client side setting, using clientprefs. You can easily change that if you are a player.

++

PS: I'm taking the opportunity to ask the difference between this and the Enable/Disable Global Chat option, which I don't understand since I didn't see what it changed when I enabled/disabled it... Anyone could explain this to me?

Thanks,

St00ne

-My plugins-

Last edited by St00ne; 04-27-2013 at 20:33.