Web Live Chat
.: Description :.
.: Cvars :.
- The plugin sends everything a player says to a website using HTTP Post Request format.
- The web handler is a PHP file that get what the player said. Then, it stores the message in a database.
- Another PHP file shows the CS Chat on live. It automatically checks if there are new messages every second using ajax (without refreshing the page).
.: Changelog :.
- amx_chat_host "your website" (default: 127.0.0.1) ONLY WEB SERVER HOST, you can't add subdirs here.
- amx_chat_phpfile "file.php" (default: handler.php)
- cvar values are cached in memory at plugin startup, so if you change a cvar it won't take effect until you reload the map/restart the server.
- DO NOT ADD "http://", "https://", etc to amx_chat_host otherwise it won't work. Examples: "forums.alliedmods.net", "amxmodx.org"
-Added IP check in handler.php to verify that the POST Request came from your server (to prevent flood or false data).
-Added posibbility to use the same chat handler (handler.php) to all your servers.
-Added new allowed characters like ":", ")", "(" to the regular expression that cleans the strings for security reasons.
-Fixed plugin_putinserver -> client_putinserver
-Fixed some little bugs in handler.php
-Added utf8 character support.
-Added if player is alive or not.
-Added cvar to know which servers are running the plugin.
-Fixed a bug with char "&" in name.
-Fixed bug sending html code to the handler.
-Fixed bug showing unescaped characters.
-Php filenames change to prevent missunderstanding
.: Updating from 1.3 to 1.4:
After you replace the plugin and php files, you have to run this query on your MySQL Server.
ALTER TABLE `cs_chat` ADD `alive` INT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `pj`
.: Comments :.
.: ScreenShots :.
- You MUST edit line 6 of handler.php. You have to write your game server/s IP/s. This is to verify that the data came from your server. The example ips are 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.101
- Why did I not update the database with the plugin itself? Most of game hosters dosn't allow you to use local databases, most of free webhostings doesn't allow remote connections to database, some non-free webhostings doesn't allow remote connetions to database. My plugin works on all this cases, so you don't have to worry about it.
- If you use only one handler.php for all your server you have to call chat.php with chat.php?ip=SERVER_IP:PORT_HERE so you will only see the chat from that server (If you don't you will see the chat from all your servers as one).
- The plugin doesn't support secure http connections (HTTPS).
- utf8 supported
- handler.php => the Post request handler & database seeker.
- chat.php => the live chat itself (look at the screenshot to see chat style).
- cs_chat.sql => mysql table query.