Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Addcond

Post New Thread Reply   

jameless
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2010 , 14:35   Re: [TF2] Addcond
Reply With Quote #61

I see so no way to turn it off then right?
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-25-2010 , 15:29   Re: [TF2] Addcond
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
The actual loserstate logic is clientside.
This means that it's not possible using only SourceMod. You could write up a client plugin to handle it, but then you'd have to distribute it to everyone on your server for it to work.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2010 , 16:57   Re: [TF2] Addcond
Reply With Quote #63

Ah yes well that would cancel out what I was trying to achieve but thanks for the replies!
Snowden42
Old 10-20-2010 , 17:54   Re: [TF2] Addcond
Reply With Quote #64

Is the TF2_AddCondition broken when you attempt to apply the Disguised condition to a class that isn't a spy? Sentries still target them, and they are shown as having a Scout skin.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-21-2010 , 13:41   Re: [TF2] Addcond
Reply With Quote #65

That's just how the condition works. It only does what it should when the player's class is spy.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 10-21-2010 , 15:03   Re: [TF2] Addcond
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowden42 View Post
Is the TF2_AddCondition broken when you attempt to apply the Disguised condition to a class that isn't a spy? Sentries still target them, and they are shown as having a Scout skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
That's just how the condition works. It only does what it should when the player's class is spy.
You might be able to also manually set some of the disguise netprops (in addition to condition) to get the desired result.
Snowden42
Old 10-21-2010 , 15:09   Re: [TF2] Addcond
Reply With Quote #67

Someone had said earlier that you could modify some flags on the player to get the desired result, but I have not tested it. Really, I was trying to come up with a quick and easy way to prevent sentries from targetting only specific people under specific conditions (frozen players for the freezetag mod) short of an extension. I doubt it's possible to modify sentry behavior without one, however.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 10-21-2010 , 15:25   Re: [TF2] Addcond
Reply With Quote #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowden42 View Post
Someone had said earlier that you could modify some flags on the player to get the desired result, but I have not tested it. Really, I was trying to come up with a quick and easy way to prevent sentries from targetting only specific people under specific conditions (frozen players for the freezetag mod) short of an extension. I doubt it's possible to modify sentry behavior without one, however.
changing the disguise team while their condition is disguised may be enough.
Snowden42
Old 10-21-2010 , 15:34   Re: [TF2] Addcond
Reply With Quote #69

However I would merely like to mimic this behavior. Ideally modify the player's flag and change their condition, while simultaneously preventing them from taking on the name of an enemy player and class (remove the disguise behavior, but maintain the sentry mechanic).