1.2b
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: GO
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Play and create golf courses on any map with other golfers in this fun new gamemode.
    Old 04-05-2020 , 15:49   [CS:GO] Stroke Strike - The Golf Gamemode (1.2b) [12-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #1

Stroke Strike
    Basically Golf in CS:GO

What?

Stroke Strike is a fun gamemode I've made after the success of my Golf prototype few years ago which I had done in vscripts.
    The goal is simple: Put the Decoy in the spawned Trashcan first. After the round is over, the winner is boosted in HP and everyone is given a gun.
    It can run on any map and contains in-game commands to build your own courses hole by hole.

This is my first plugin, I wanted to try out SourcePawn, and I'm loving it so far!
    I'm still new to this, please be gentle! It sure isn't one of the cleanest coded plugin. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Features

• Custom club viewmodel with sounds!
    • Score multiplicators for Hole-In-Ones and Shots scored from far away.
    • Basic admin commands to restart or to set a specific hole.
    • Ability to tweak the time between shots, going back to a previous location, HP for the winner and more.
    • Moving players to CT for a more readable scoreboard, that includes forcing their previous team's playermodel (both can be disabled)
    • Ability to ship your map with Stroke Strike ready entities!
    • An in-game command based editor to create courses, you can name them as well!
    • Simple to add more holes, configs are stored by map, each file can be a hole, or even multiple, just drag and drop.
    • Endless fun!

Commands

Server Commands (for debugging purposes)
    Code:
    sm_golfers						-		Prints the golf variables for all players
    sm_golfdebug <0/1>					-		Prints debugging messages, if you broke a hole somehow, this will come in handy.
    Server/Admin Commands
    Code:
    sm_golf <0/1/2>						-		Enable/Disable the gamemode, 0 for disabled, 1 for enabled, 2 for edit mode. 

sm_golfstroketime <seconds>				- 		Time between strokes, once time is up, you get damaged and the next throw starts.
    sm_golfgoto <hole>					-		Go to a specific hole number.
    sm_golfrestart						-		Restart the course entirely (reset scores, course progress etc..).
    sm_golfwinhp <health>					-		Set the health multiplicator for the winner based on the number of alive golfers.
    sm_golflosehp <health>					-		Set the health for the losing players.
    sm_golfweapons <loser> <winner>				-		Set the weapons for the losers and winner. (eg. weapon_ak47).
    sm_golfrandom <0/1>					-		Randomize hole orders, 0 for disabled, 1 for enabled.
    sm_golfallowback <0/1>					-		Allow players to go back to their previous position, 0 disabled, 1 enabled.
    sm_golfpar <0/1>					-		Use Par in scoring. 0 for disabled, 1 for enabled.
    sm_golfforcect <0/1>					-		Force players to be moved to the CT team, it makes the scoreboard more readable for scores
    sm_golfkeeppm <0/1>					-		Keep the playermodel from the first team the player has joined. Used with sm_golfforcect
    sm_golfforceconfig <0/1>				-		Ignore Stroke Strike entities, uses the configs instead.
    Editing Commands (in-game only, read sm_golf in the second block)
    Code:
    sm_golfedit						-		Opens the edit menu for spawn, hole, win positions + spawn and hole position randomizer radius.

sm_golfeditspawn 					-		{REQUIRED} Set the spawn, based on your current position and angles.
    sm_golfeditspawnradius <radius>				-		Set the random spawn position radius.
    sm_golfedithole						-		{REQUIRED} Set the hole, based on your current position.
    sm_golfeditholeradius <radius>				-		Set the random hole position radius.
    sm_golfeditwin						-		Set the winner's respawn point, if none provided, the hole's position will be used.
    sm_golfeditinfo <name> <author> [par]			-		{REQUIRED} Set the info of the hole, use quotes for spaces.

sm_golfeditsave	<filename>				-		Save the currently edited hole, can overwrite, if no arguments provided, a list of the configs will be shown
    sm_golfeditdel <filename>				-		Deletes a specific config, if no arguments provided, a list of the configs will be shown
    sm_golfeditload	<hole>					-		sm_golfgoto alias. Will load the positions and info of the hole as well.

Usage Info
    • Holes are stored inside 'configs/strokestrike/MAPNAME/'.

Issues

• Currently, getting stuck inside geometry is a thing. Use another plugin to unstuck for now.
    • I've ran into issues with uploading assets to players.. No clue if it isn't just my server, typing 'sv_allowupload 1' ON THE CLIENT fixed it somehow.
    • If every player play too fast and balls stop before the timer starts, they'll be removed and an exception will show up on the server's console (working on it).
    • You can get out of the map... That's a feature though.. right?
    • Might conflict with other plugins? No clue, let me know if you find anything.

Plugins you may want with it

> Quick Gameplay Preview <
    On twitter.

> Join the plugin's Discord <
    You'll find courses to download and be able to upload your owns.
    Also your server IPs and gameplay videos.

Enjoy!

Files attachements broke (Internal Server Error), have a mirror:

> Dust2 Hole Config Example.
    > Assets {REQUIRED}

Assets have been updated on v1.1
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (strokestrike.sp - 538 views - 91.3 KB)
    File Type: smx strokestrike.smx (42.8 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by ZooL; 05-11-2020 at 15:37. Reason: Added links to plugins that work well with it.
    Effeff
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-05-2020 , 17:30   Re: [CS:GO] Stroke Strike - The Golf Gamemode
    Reply With Quote #2

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...10/unknown.png

Trying it on my server, struggling to actually get it in the hole (see picture). Also in your dust2 test cfg you included a lot of extra stuff including an admin file that gave you admin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), i just deleted everything except for the strokestrike folder, maybe I was supposed to keep something?

Code:
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: Info (map "awp_india_v2_gw") (file "/home/cs-pub/serverfiles/csgo/addons/sourcemod/logs/errors_20200405.log")
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: [SM] Exception reported: Client index 0 is invalid
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: [SM] Blaming: strokestrike.smx
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: [SM] Call stack trace:
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: [SM]   [0] IsClientInGame
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: [SM]   [1] Line 2079, D:\Projects\Sourcepawn\golf\strokestrike.sp::Command_golfedit
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: [SM]   [2] Line 2138, D:\Projects\Sourcepawn\golf\strokestrike.sp::Command_golfedithole
    attempted to add a hole with sm_golfedithole and got this error.

Last edited by Effeff; 04-05-2020 at 17:43.
    ZooL
    Old 04-05-2020 , 18:18   Re: [CS:GO] Stroke Strike - The Golf Gamemode
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Effeff View Post
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...10/unknown.png

Trying it on my server, struggling to actually get it in the hole (see picture). Also in your dust2 test cfg you included a lot of extra stuff including an admin file that gave you admin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), i just deleted everything except for the strokestrike folder, maybe I was supposed to keep something?

Code:
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: Info (map "awp_india_v2_gw") (file "/home/cs-pub/serverfiles/csgo/addons/sourcemod/logs/errors_20200405.log")
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: [SM] Exception reported: Client index 0 is invalid
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: [SM] Blaming: strokestrike.smx
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: [SM] Call stack trace:
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: [SM]   [0] IsClientInGame
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: [SM]   [1] Line 2079, D:\Projects\Sourcepawn\golf\strokestrike.sp::Command_golfedit
    L 04/05/2020 - 16:42:27: [SM]   [2] Line 2138, D:\Projects\Sourcepawn\golf\strokestrike.sp::Command_golfedithole
    attempted to add a hole with sm_golfedithole and got this error.

Quote:
    Also in your dust2 test cfg you included a lot of extra stuff including an admin file that gave you admin
    Ooooh, shit the zip was wrong.. Yeah I zipped the whole folder. I'll fix that, it was supposed to only contain the dust2 config. I'm deeply sorry if it made you replace files.

Also it'd seems you've tried to execute that command from the server directly and not from the client?

The server is considered as '0', explaining the error. The command might have executed while I wanted it to not execute and throw an error instead.

Edit: Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit 2: Did you ran into issues with players downloading the assets or was it just me?

Last edited by ZooL; 04-05-2020 at 18:54. Reason: updated the sp, smx, dust2 zip.
    Effeff
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-05-2020 , 19:17   Re: [CS:GO] Stroke Strike - The Golf Gamemode
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZooL View Post
    Ooooh, shit the zip was wrong.. Yeah I zipped the whole folder. I'll fix that, it was supposed to only contain the dust2 config. I'm deeply sorry if it made you replace files.

Also it'd seems you've tried to execute that command from the server directly and not from the client?

The server is considered as '0', explaining the error. The command might have executed while I wanted it to not execute and throw an error instead.

Edit: Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit 2: Did you ran into issues with players downloading the assets or was it just me?
    Ah yeah I was doing it through rcon I'm an idiot.

After putting the assets on the fastdl server in console they all said download failed for me, but for everyone I was with they said it was fine. (although, I didn't ask them if they were just looking at the loading screen and not console).
    ZooL
    Old 04-07-2020 , 18:30   Re: [CS:GO] Stroke Strike - The Golf Gamemode (1.1) [08-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Changelog 1.1:

Assets changes:
    - Added radius.mdl for radius editing.

Gameplay changes:
    - Spawns and Holes can now have a spawn radius randomizing their position. This exists to prevent players from finding the perfect throwing spot and use their brain instead.

Editing changes:
    - Moved all editing commands to only be available to admins having SLAY permissions.
    - Added sm_golfedit, a new menu for setting Spawns, Holes, Win positions but also the Players/Hole spawn radius.
    - Added sm_golfeditspawnradius and sm_golfeditholeradius <radius> as separate commands for more precise radius.
    - Loading a hole now moves every player to the designated spawn.
    - Players no longer collide with other players in Editing mode.

Last edited by ZooL; 04-07-2020 at 18:39.
    ZooL
    Old 04-08-2020 , 12:27   Re: [CS:GO] Stroke Strike - The Golf Gamemode (1.1) [08-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Changelog 1.2:

Commands changes:
    - Added help commands sm_golfhelp, sm_golfhelpedit.
    - sm_golf now hints you toward sm_golfhelp

Gameplay changes:
    - Pars have been implemented, holes can now have a defined Par, you'll get more points if you're bellow the Par. This can be disabled with sm_golfpar 0

Editing changes:
    - Refactor of the Edit Mode.
    - Decoys are now clubs and behave the same as in Course mode.
    - Information about the hole now displays on top of the screen.
    - You can now optionally set a Par with sm_golfeditinfo <name> <author> [par]

Fixes:
    - Fixed a severe issue where owning two decoys would crash the entire server and client.
    - Fixed HUD messages flickering.

Last edited by ZooL; 04-08-2020 at 12:29.
    ZooL
    Old 04-12-2020 , 12:54   Re: [CS:GO] Stroke Strike - The Golf Gamemode (1.2) [08-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Changelog 1.2b:

Editing changes:
    - A camera model now shows up on top of the spawn/win location to show the view angles.

Fixes:
    - Spawned golfers now use the correct saved angles instead of Yaw only.
    - Map folders are now only created when saving a hole instead of when loading the map.
    - Entirely empty map folders are now removed when deleting all files in it with the sm_golfeditdel command.
    - Fixes related to loading the map while the gamemode was disabled.
    - Fixed an issue where sometimes the gamemode would still load while no holes are available.
    - Fixed workshop maps having a broken path and not creating folders for them.

Last edited by ZooL; 04-12-2020 at 12:55.
    Effeff
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-13-2020 , 01:32   Re: [CS:GO] Stroke Strike - The Golf Gamemode (1.2b) [12-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #8

I see sm_golfgoto <hole>.

How do I arrange hole numbers? Is it the order in the folder for the specific map?
    ZooL
    Old 04-13-2020 , 15:04   Re: [CS:GO] Stroke Strike - The Golf Gamemode (1.2b) [12-Apr-2020]
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Effeff View Post
    I see sm_golfgoto <hole>.

How do I arrange hole numbers? Is it the order in the folder for the specific map?
    Depends on the file names yes.