Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

AMX Mod X 1.8.0 Released!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

JayHaxor
BANNED
Old 10-26-2007 , 16:41   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.0 Released!

Koolio, works great =D
Old 10-26-2007, 17:56
hoboman
This message has been deleted by Roach. Reason: wrong thread
Old 10-26-2007, 18:05
TheNewt
This message has been deleted by Roach. Reason: reply to deleted post.
diamond-optic
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2007 , 19:45   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.0 Released!

great work.. changelog looks awesome

cant wait to get this up and running
Old 10-27-2007 , 03:14   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.0 Released!

Gj
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 10-27-2007 , 03:31   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.0 Released!

Just a question to Bailopan - from that what I can see - it seems You are too much busy to work on AMX X, so the main work on 1.8.0 version sawce did. The question is - are You going to extend some of AMX X features in some future version of AMX X or You rather think only about bug-fixes version (if they will exist in 1.8.0)? The question is related to some features they were promised long time ago, but You are still too much busy to work on them.
Is possible 1.8.0 is one of the latest version of AMX X, because the main goal for You will be developing SourceMod and for AMX X there is no time (or maybe even the motivation)?

Anyaway thanks to sawce for making 1.8.0.
James
Old 10-27-2007 , 05:54   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.0 Released!

Nice, good job. I have one question: Per-Map Features prefix_de.cfg is overriden by maps cfg, like de_nuke.cfg right?
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2007 , 06:34   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.0 Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Nice, good job. I have one question: Per-Map Features prefix_de.cfg is overriden by maps cfg, like de_nuke.cfg right?
I think they will work in tandem if you configure them right, because as I believe the map config is loaded before the prefix config, however this may not be the case.

To be safe I would define specific CVARs in de_nuke.cfg and not place the same ones in the prefix_de.cfg

James
Old 10-27-2007 , 07:09   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.0 Released!

I think will be situation, when I set CVARS for (example) all de_ maps, but for certain de_ maps i will need some special setup...
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2007 , 07:25   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.0 Released!

Code:
public delayed_load() {     new configFile[128], curMap[64], configDir[128]     get_configsdir(configDir, sizeof(configDir)-1)     get_mapname(curMap, sizeof(curMap)-1)     new i=0;         while (curMap[i] != '_' && curMap[i++] != '^0') {/*do nothing*/}         if (curMap[i]=='_')     {         // this map has a prefix         curMap[i]='^0';         formatex(configFile, sizeof(configFile)-1, "%s/maps/prefix_%s.cfg", configDir, curMap);         if (file_exists(configFile))         {             server_cmd("exec %s", configFile);         }     }     get_mapname(curMap, sizeof(curMap)-1)         formatex(configFile, sizeof(configFile)-1, "%s/maps/%s.cfg", configDir, curMap)     if (file_exists(configFile))     {         server_cmd("exec %s", configFile)     }     }

Going by what the admin.sma the code suggests that all prefix based configs are loaded before a map specific configuration.

So I would guess that if you make a map prefix config for de maps then creating a de_nuke configuration would override the prefix config in a matter of seconds later.

To test I would try using mp_timelimit ... set your server config to like 20 minutes. make a prefix_de.cfg and set it to 35 then make a de_nuke.cfg set it to 27 or something in the middle. If you have HLSW then you can most likely watch the changes just by monitoring the server, otherwise you'd have to look in the logs to see if it changed.

Alternatively you could use the log_amx scripting function of AMXX. This would make a lot easier to do cause then you dont have to try the test I mentioned above, and easier to read in the amxx logs.

Code:
public delayed_load() {     new configFile[128], curMap[64], configDir[128]     get_configsdir(configDir, sizeof(configDir)-1)     get_mapname(curMap, sizeof(curMap)-1)     new i=0;         while (curMap[i] != '_' && curMap[i++] != '^0') {/*do nothing*/}         if (curMap[i]=='_')     {         // this map has a prefix         curMap[i]='^0';         formatex(configFile, sizeof(configFile)-1, "%s/maps/prefix_%s.cfg", configDir, curMap);         if (file_exists(configFile))         {             server_cmd("exec %s", configFile);             log_amx("Prefix based configuration file loaded. File is %s", configFile); // Prefix configuration loaded and logged.         }     }     get_mapname(curMap, sizeof(curMap)-1)         formatex(configFile, sizeof(configFile)-1, "%s/maps/%s.cfg", configDir, curMap)     if (file_exists(configFile))     {         server_cmd("exec %s", configFile)         log_amx("Map based configuration file loaded. File is %s", configFile); // Map configuration loaded and logged.     }     }

Edit

And here is your answer
Quote:
L 10/27/2007 - 0629: -------- Mapchange to fy_snow --------
L 10/27/2007 - 062:45: [admin.amxx] Prefix based configuration file loaded. File is addons/amxmodx/configs/maps/prefix_fy.cfg
L 10/27/2007 - 062:45: [admin.amxx] Map based configuration file loaded. File is addons/amxmodx/configs/maps/fy_snow.cfg
But what would be the case for plugin based configurations if the Devs could answer that one?

Last edited by BigBaller; 10-27-2007 at 07:34. Reason: And his answer is!
Old 10-27-2007, 10:15
Dominion
This message has been deleted by Roach. Reason: General AMXx related support requests go in the support forum. If there is an issue you have found, file a bug report.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:30
ShinG0
This message has been deleted by Roach. Reason: General AMXx related support requests go in the support forum. If there is an issue you have found, file a bug report.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:42
ExKiLL
Old 10-27-2007, 11:59
Dominion
BAILOPAN
Old 10-27-2007 , 12:31   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.0 Released!

We will not be handling any bug reports through the forums. Please post in the bug tracker.

Prefixed map plugin files are not superseded by anything; prefix-de would be loaded after de_nuke.
SuperHero Moderator
Old 10-27-2007 , 12:55   Re: AMX Mod X 1.8.0 Released!

Was this overlooked: stock const AMXX_VERSION_STR[] = "1.8.0.3660";
or are you keeping that svn form now?
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Closed Thread