Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

L4D admin menu

Post New Thread Reply   

monkman
Old 10-05-2009 , 21:48   L4D admin menu
Reply With Quote #1

I have been having this problem since the crash course update. Example: I bring up the admin menu, select server, then select map and it stays there. I press 9 to go to next and it does nothing. The admin menu does not go away. I press 0 and it does nothing. I press the map sometimes it goes to that map. The admin menu is messed up since the update. I did a full swipe reinstall to start fresh. Everything stock, nothing custom or added. I have tried sm 1.2 up to the newest 1.2.4. with mm:s 1.7.1 and the problem still exists. I just use the standard sm and mm:s install to have admin. No plugins. Is anyone else having this problem?

*****(just a heads up) on a side note, the newest l4d update also broke hlsw and gametracker for l4d. check this thread:
http://forums.gameservers.com/viewtopic.php?t=37380
BAILOPAN
Old 10-05-2009 , 22:10   Re: L4D admin menu
Reply With Quote #2

L4D doesn't bind keys 6-9 by default or something. We really need to do something about this, like switch to ESC menus.
Good Little Panda
Old 10-05-2009 , 22:50   Re: L4D admin menu
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
L4D doesn't bind keys 6-9 by default or something. We really need to do something about this, like switch to ESC menus.
That would make things much more confusing and bothersome if you think about it. It's much easier to manage menus when they pop up in your screen; you can do it mid game. But if you have to press escape to do stuff, things just get messy. If you did do such a thing, would it be possible to have a cvar which determined the method? i.e. menumode == 0 = amx, == 2 = esc.
BAILOPAN
Old 10-05-2009 , 23:10   Re: L4D admin menu
Reply With Quote #4

No cvar needed, you can use a gamedata file.

I don't understand how it's more confusing to have an admin menu that works, out of box, versus one that doesn't. Our normal policy is to not support radio menus unless the game fully supports them - L4D breaks two invariants we usually expect. The only reason it's on now is because we didn't realize this when it first came out, and it stuck.

It sucks that there is no way to detect this on the client either.