Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[request] plugin to send an invite to a group on request

Post New Thread Reply   

jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2015 , 23:17   [request] plugin to send an invite to a group on request
Reply With Quote #1

The current custom invite plugin we had broke on a recent api update, and our old dev cant be reached, so we need to get a new one. Our current plugin just sends an invite from one of our bots to anyone who types !join from in the server. I just would like to know if anyone can make me a plugin that does the same or if something already exists.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-12-2015 , 00:30   Re: [request] plugin to send an invite to a group on request
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwanabe View Post
The current custom invite plugin we had broke on a recent api update, and our old dev cant be reached, so we need to get a new one. Our current plugin just sends an invite from one of our bots to anyone who types !join from in the server. I just would like to know if anyone can make me a plugin that does the same or if something already exists.
I'm afraid you won't get much help on this topic at AlliedModders:

No matter if this is indeed your real goal or not, a such thing can easily be converted into an automatic group inviter, which no one at AlliedModders likes at all.

If you did a simple search, you would see multiple trashed threads, for example here:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=172040
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=155299

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2015 , 00:37   Re: [request] plugin to send an invite to a group on request
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
I'm afraid you won't get much help on this topic at AlliedModders:

No matter if this is indeed your real goal or not, a such thing can easily be converted into an automatic group inviter, which no one at AlliedModders likes at all.

If you did a simple search, you would see multiple trashed threads, for example here:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=172040
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=155299
You say easily. If it was so easy, why would I be asking for help? I would of made it my self. And I did search. And found nothing. So I thought I would ask for some help. No reason to doubt the reasons I put.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-12-2015 , 01:07   Re: [request] plugin to send an invite to a group on request
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwanabe View Post
You say easily. If it was so easy, why would I be asking for help? I would of made it my self. And I did search. And found nothing. So I thought I would ask for some help. No reason to doubt the reasons I put.
It was a general explanation. No reasons to get angry for that.

If I had a working group inviter plugin, which was triggering on people saying either !join or !invite in the game chat, then I could just move the whole procedure into other places, such as within OnClientAuthorized/OnClientPostAdminCheck, which would mean that everyone joining the server(s) would then be invited.

It was all meant as a kind statement, telling you that such group inviting things are being frowned upon on AlliedModders (...and most likely, being trashed too), no matter how good or bad your intentions may be.

Good luck on your hunt though.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].