Old 02-09-2009 , 14:16   Re: GunGame AMXX 2.12
Reply With Quote #12

Very Good Plugin
Pantaloon
Old 02-24-2009 , 11:46   Re: GunGame AMXX 2.12
Reply With Quote #13

Hi!

Very nice plugin, i love gungame

Can you add an option to set "gg_kills_per_lvl" to a random value?
It is very useful if i can give the plugin a range between x and y.
Example: gg_kills_per_lvl "1,5" means a random value between 1 and 5.

This value can be overwritten by the value in "gg_weapon_order1" ect.

And, is there a way to setup more weapon orders (or random too)?
Maybe:
gg_weapon_order "[weapon_order1],[weapon_order2],[weapon_order3]" (looks like an array in a string)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAvalanchexX View Post
Hey look, it's another one! This is, as usual, mostly bug fixes, with your occasional extra feature thrown in here and there. You can view the changelog here. I hope to have another version one day with some integrated SQL stats support, but then that's it for me! :P Cheers.
Why do you want store only the stats in a sql database? I think you can store the CVARS in a db too! I am a web developer and can code a web clicky if you want

Greets,
The Panti
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2009 , 14:28   Re: GunGame AMXX 2.12
Reply With Quote #14

Pantaloon,

Thank you!

When you talk about the random kills per level, would it just be selected and set once on the start of the map, or would each weapon get a different value, or would each player have a different value, etcetera?

Right now it is possible to have multiple random weapon orders:
http://avalanche.gungame.org/faq.php#q3

Storing the cvars in a database sounds like a nifty idea, and I appreciate your offer, but for now it sounds like it might be beyond the scope of what I have in mind. I think if it were to happen, it wouldn't be very efficient to always be reading the values from a database, so they would have to be cached. At that point, it might be possible to just create a separate plugin which reads them from the database and sets the local cvar values.
Pantaloon
Old 03-07-2009 , 15:46   Re: GunGame AMXX 2.12
Reply With Quote #15

Hi!

Quote:
When you talk about the random kills per level, would it just be selected and set once on the start of the map, or would each weapon get a different value, or would each player have a different value, etcetera?
I mean only on starting up the map, i think its nonsense to give a random value for each player/weapon, then a player has never a real chance to win.

Quote:
Right now it is possible to have multiple random weapon orders:
http://avalanche.gungame.org/faq.php#q3
I can see there a limit of 10 random weapon orders, in my example the trick is to create an endless string where the weapon order wrapper is "[ ]"and the delimiter is ",".

Another example:

Quote:
gg_weapon_order "[weapon_order1],[weapon_order2],[weapon_order3],[...],[weapon_order33],[weapon_order34],[weapon_order35]"
Another cool idea are this cvars:
Quote:
gg_random_weapon_order_status 1
gg_random_weapon_order_level 20
That means, that gungame is creating an own random weapon order with 20 levels.

I have a lot ideas, hope u have time enough *smile* I have not enough knowledge in C to realise that.

Quote:
Storing the cvars in a database sounds like a nifty idea, and I appreciate your offer, but for now it sounds like it might be beyond the scope of what I have in mind.
Okaaay

Quote:
I think if it were to happen, it wouldn't be very efficient to always be reading the values from a database, so they would have to be cached.
Allways caching isnt good, the best way is to use a cvar for that and creating a sourcehandler, so it can made possible to get the cvars from random sources like a database, a JSON string (very usefull to get random values an other funny things , here is caching not so good) and/or config files.

You can contact me if you want. Private message me for ICQ or other im-tools.

Greets,
Panti

Last edited by Pantaloon; 03-07-2009 at 15:54.
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2009 , 22:38   Re: GunGame AMXX 2.12
Reply With Quote #16

Hi!

Actually, because of the semi-new semi-dynamic arrays that AMXX has, I could probably add in unlimited random weapon orders. However, if I did, I'd probably keep the same format of gg_weapon_orderX, to keep backwards compatibility and orderliness.

The randomly generated weapon orders really sounds pretty cool! I wonder if just picking 20 (for example) weapons at random would make it interesting enough, or if there should be some sort of weighted logic behind picking them.

I may implement some of your ideas, but please don't set your hopes too high, because I don't know exactly how much more work or time I can devote to the next release right now.

Also, you sound very knowledgeable about scripting, and if you already know PHP or something like it, then Small/Pawn/C/whatever shouldn't be too far off, if you'd ever like to try coding for it.

Thanks for all of your input and ideas!

Cheers,
Ava
Pantaloon
Old 03-12-2009 , 05:18   Re: GunGame AMXX 2.12
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Hi!
Hi There!

Quote:
The randomly generated weapon orders really sounds pretty cool! I wonder if just picking 20 (for example) weapons at random would make it interesting enough, or if there should be some sort of weighted logic behind picking them.
I think it is not so good if i become 3x tmp in a row, maybe you makes an option to repeat the weapons or not. Options cant be wrong

Quote:
I may implement some of your ideas, but please don't set your hopes too high, because I don't know exactly how much more work or time I can devote to the next release right now.
Maybe you want to teach me a little bit in C, so i can help you, i think it must not go fast.

Quote:
Also, you sound very knowledgeable about scripting, and if you already know PHP or something like it, then Small/Pawn/C/whatever shouldn't be too far off, if you'd ever like to try coding for it.
I think so too, but i dont find the time to start. I dont have many time enough after the work.

Quote:
Thanks for all of your input and ideas!
No problem, please keep me up to date

Last edited by Pantaloon; 03-12-2009 at 05:30.
Impaler
Old 03-20-2009 , 22:36   Re: GunGame AMXX 2.12
Reply With Quote #18

OMG!! THAT IDEA IS SWEET!

"Can you add an option to set "gg_kills_per_lvl" to a random value?"

A simple value that makes at random all players need to shoot 3/4/5/7/8/1 enemies to level up. There could be setting at least the maximum number of kiils per level and minimum and the gungame decided itself at random how many kill per level are needed on a certain map.

There also could be a setting for bots which would require for bots to shoot only 1/2 or 1/3 or 1/4 of the kills to level up when a player has to shoot 1/1 of kills.

I'm drunk, I might be hard to understand. I'll sober up and be more specific tommorrow.
Old 03-21-2009 , 17:13   Re: GunGame AMXX 2.12
Reply With Quote #19

Hello, XxAvalanchexX!
Thank you for this great plug-in =) I like it!
But i have two questions.
The 1st: for example, i'm playing in teamplay and my team have 27 of 28 points. And in the moment when i want to kill someone by knive my team have level-up and in my hands i have some weapon, but not a knive.. It's very annoying, because sometimes i can't kill my enemy and steal from his team some points.. How i can correct this problem?
And the 2nd question: I set in config gg_autovote_mode 2 and players on my server can choose between regular and teamplay.. They always choose teamplay, and that's not good, because i want to play in regular too.. Would you make something like this: on the 1st map-regular, on the 2nd map-teamplay, on the 3rd-regular, on the 4th-teamplay and so, and so =) How i can do this two mods by turns? I know you can do it =)

P.S.: Sorry for my english! I know-it's too bad) I live in Russia and don't know it at all ^^

Last edited by BbIX; 03-21-2009 at 17:19.
Send a message via ICQ to BbIX
CVarsMaster
Old 03-28-2009 , 00:08   Re: GunGame AMXX 2.12
Reply With Quote #20

i love gungame!

really funny!

gj avalanche.