Post New Thread Reply   

DiscoBBQ
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2008 , 17:41   Re: HL2:DM Role-Playing v1.5 by Pinkfairie
Reply With Quote #21

no i am working on an independant game now
Old 05-22-2008 , 02:02   Re: HL2:DM Role-Playing v1.5 by Pinkfairie
Reply With Quote #22

hey r u going to fix all the bugs in the mod its get bad and theres almost no way i can keep up with all the money and guns and now it doing it with all items
Assault
Old 06-15-2008 , 13:36   Re: HL2:DM Role-Playing v1.5 by Pinkfairie
Reply With Quote #23

I've downloaded the add-on it works fine except the HUD doesnt appear. Have any ideas?
Ember
Old 07-07-2008 , 22:31   Re: HL2:DM Role-Playing v1.5 by Pinkfairie
Reply With Quote #24

There seems to be a large exploit going on with money and items... and I don't currently know enough to fix it myself... I'll try to explain the issues..

When a player uses /withdraw 1000, they get the money, and can give to another player (or give items in this case) then Retry to the server, and still have all the money/items they had- effectively duplicating what was traded.

This can also be done by depositing all money, then withdrawing say 100, then hit retry, and you have 100 dollars on you when you join- and your bank is not -100 from the last /withdraw. Giving a lot of exploiters Infinate money (and on the server I play on- a serious bannable offence)

If anyone could look into this and fix it... it would be great.. the server gets wiped clean to restart all jobs/money/items whenever things get way too out of hand, but these wipes are getting more and more frequent due to exploiters spreading the word.

Also on a related note, if you are given 1x weed choose to dispose (or even use) it, and Retry/reconnect to server, this item will still be in your inventory (same with guns/weapons) making the glitch even more widely seen and used.

Items used should be gone forever. Money withdrawn should not be replaced or re-spawned with. Items given to other players should be immediately removed from the givers /items, THEN added to the target's items,and saved in between (preventing players from giving, disconnecting, then getting back on and having it)

It seems the plugin is reading like this:
Getmoney/deposit money/ time lapse/ save
and
Item/give target/ make_item for target/ save/ delete original item

This is how it seems due to PlayerA spawns, PlayerB spawns, PlayerA withdraws 10,000 dollars and gives 100 shotguns to PlayerB, then Deposits 10,000 dollars and disconnects/reconnects.

PlayerA then spawns with 10,000 dollars 'on' him, and the shotguns are still in his inventory, as well as PlayerB's inventory. Duplicating 10,000 dollars to his bank, and giving another player 100 shotguns.

and it should be more like
Getmoney/deposit money/instant save
Spawn with 0 dollars.
item/give to target - delete original - create_item for target/ save

and furthermore the dispose option should work like the money:
item/dispose/immediate save (before reconnects can be done)

So that PlayerA gives PlayerB those 100shotguns, instantly the plugin saves this transaction, then he deposits 10,000, and once again the plugin instantly saves this transaction, then when he disconnects/reconnects , its at the exact point he left off, 100 shotguns to his buddy, and 10,000 re-added to his bank. No Duplication. No money on him.

In the instance of dispose item, instead of using weed(or disposing), then disconnecting and reconnecting after it wears off, and having the weed still in your inventory to use again- the weed is used and gone (or disposed and gone)

Last edited by Ember; 07-07-2008 at 23:19.
DiscoBBQ
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2008 , 12:05   Re: HL2:DM Role-Playing v1.5 by Pinkfairie
Reply With Quote #25

im goin to fix the bugs and rework a 2.0 in a couple of days along with my goremod in the near future, im just finishing up a portfolio project in opengl and ill get back into smod
Old 07-12-2008 , 01:10   Re: HL2:DM Role-Playing v1.5 by Pinkfairie
Reply With Quote #26

It's a cool plugin.

One question: Default map: rp_c18_v1 ? Does it mean this plugin not for other rp maps?
chief2493
Old 07-16-2008 , 02:29   Re: HL2:DM Role-Playing v1.5 by Pinkfairie
Reply With Quote #27

Im looking to combine your mod, and another mod Would you help me get this done, im doing it for my build server, i want to use the freeze and movement commands from the other mod but use your money and shop systems to buy items to use in building would you help me do this? i can do it mostly myself but with the saving ect, i cannot do it
Send a message via MSN to chief2493 Send a message via Skype™ to chief2493
chief2493
Old 07-16-2008 , 02:32   Re: HL2:DM Role-Playing v1.5 by Pinkfairie
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_hk View Post
It's a cool plugin.

One question: Default map: rp_c18_v1 ? Does it mean this plugin not for other rp maps?

Yes and no, without editing the coordinates of the shops, bank, and jail cells it will most likely not work with another map, but if you do edit the coordinates and compile the mod into a smx using the compiler on sourcemod.net then yes it can be used on more maps
[FT]A-killer
Old 07-16-2008 , 15:07   Re: HL2:DM Role-Playing v1.5 by Pinkfairie
Reply With Quote #29

will 1.4.3 meta mod source work with this or do i need 1.4.2?
chief2493
Old 07-19-2008 , 17:22   Re: HL2:DM Role-Playing v1.5 by Pinkfairie
Reply With Quote #30

Either should work