Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

So.. No more plugins approved from now on?

Post New Thread Reply   

Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 07-21-2023 , 08:14   So.. No more plugins approved from now on?
Reply With Quote #1

There are well coded and usefull plugins with more than 5 years at new submissions. All approvers are gone except hamleteagle wich comes sometimes but not often.

Which means that no one can get 2 vouches. Cs 1.6 is still active, perhaps asherkin could pick someone, some user that has knowledge enough to do the job. Bugsy would be a good start if he would be up to it, plus he is the most active amxx moderator.

Last edited by Jhob94; 07-21-2023 at 08:24.
GlobalPlague
Old 07-23-2023 , 17:16   Re: So.. No more plugins approved from now on?
Reply With Quote #2

Well, i'm still active in CS modding, and i can be an approver in this forum if i'm made one.

The problem is that a large number of CS plugins have been made over the decades, and almost every interesting that can be done has already been done. There isn't a lot more you can do using your imagination. Most plugins and stuff (zombie classes, effects, models, plugins, extra items/weapons, etc...) you can think of already exist, and, as far as i think, most new plugins are jus variations or improved versions of plugins that already exist. This is the reason many of the plugins aren't being approved; they are just slightly different versions of already existing plugins, i think.
IC3k1ng
Old 07-23-2023 , 17:35   Re: So.. No more plugins approved from now on?
Reply With Quote #3

I think same as you, @GlobalPlague, but i think it should be due to the community too. Because there are only like 30,000 daily players only (counting steam and non-steam users) meanwhile that other games has much players and they are more active, like CSGO.

So probably, there are no enough new plugins due to that, because is most probable that most AMXMODX scripters decided to left from the community to pass to program on SourceMod, because it has more activity from a part of the last games communities from Valve (CSGO, TF2, etc) than AMXMODX engine, that is only used by old 90's GoldSource games (CS 1.6, TFC, etc) communities.

Last edited by IC3k1ng; 07-23-2023 at 17:37.
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 07-24-2023 , 06:46   Re: So.. No more plugins approved from now on?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalPlague View Post
Well, i'm still active in CS modding, and i can be an approver in this forum if i'm made one.

The problem is that a large number of CS plugins have been made over the decades, and almost every interesting that can be done has already been done. There isn't a lot more you can do using your imagination. Most plugins and stuff (zombie classes, effects, models, plugins, extra items/weapons, etc...) you can think of already exist, and, as far as i think, most new plugins are jus variations or improved versions of plugins that already exist. This is the reason many of the plugins aren't being approved; they are just slightly different versions of already existing plugins, i think.
There is a lot to be made, if a person has knowledge enough. The problem is lack of resources, like maps or models. A quick example, i would love to make a third person Naruto Mod, but i would need models for skills. Like odama rasengan p_ model. Or a single model for rasen shuriken. Or p_ for chidori. Some model like a hat but for full body as a Susanoo. This type of thing can be done one day if someone provides the resources to it.
Even for server management itself there are stuff that can be done in the future. When someone releases a plugin it's because no other user had the idea to do it or didn't had the knowledge to do so. But saying that everything is done is false, there is no limit for creativity.
Old 07-24-2023 , 11:59   Re: So.. No more plugins approved from now on?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
There is a lot to be made, if a person has knowledge enough. The problem is lack of resources, like maps or models. A quick example, i would love to make a third person Naruto Mod, but i would need models for skills. Like odama rasengan p_ model. Or a single model for rasen shuriken. Or p_ for chidori. Some model like a hat but for full body as a Susanoo. This type of thing can be done one day if someone provides the resources to it.
Even for server management itself there are stuff that can be done in the future. When someone releases a plugin it's because no other user had the idea to do it or didn't had the knowledge to do so. But saying that everything is done is false, there is no limit for creativity.
I think you can do it using some modding programs, like MilkShape3D and Half-Life Model Viewer. I know that these 2 programs are already used by many people, but if you have too much skills using it, you can create your own models with ports from other models from each game.

For example, there's a project at GameBanana that is called CS:GO Ports, which ports CSGO models to CS 1.6 using some of this class of programs that i mean, to compile all and share that models to make it downloable for that people who wants to use each models from that project into their game client or servers. Other example is Valorant Mod, which uses exported models from Valorant to CS 1.6 to add their game guns (replacing all CS original guns) into some game servers. Here's a video about that mod i mean:

IC3k1ng
Old 07-24-2023 , 17:33   Re: So.. No more plugins approved from now on?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalPlague View Post
Most new plugins are just variations or improved versions of plugins that already exist. This is the reason many of the plugins aren't being approved; they are just slightly different versions of already existing plugins, i think.
That's very true. For example, there are many variations of VIP Systems and Zombie Plague plugins. Which some of these plugins are remastered or edited versions from other AMX Devs. That's why much of the plugin makers from this community are ran out of new ideas.

mlibre
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2023 , 11:33   Re: So.. No more plugins approved from now on?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlibre View Post
one of the few that I have seen active in github is nothing more and nothing less than David "BAILOPAN" Anderson, at least we're not adrift
Old 09-04-2023 , 12:31   Re: So.. No more plugins approved from now on?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Which means that no one can get 2 vouches.
At this point you need the whole gay agenda (aka green tag) to vouch for it.
bigdaddy424
Old 09-04-2023 , 16:28   Re: So.. No more plugins approved from now on?
Reply With Quote #9

AMXX board would only vouch experienced or reputable members. Take fysiks for example
Old 09-04-2023 , 16:43   Re: So.. No more plugins approved from now on?
Reply With Quote #10

are you talking einstein? If it were up to him, he disapproves of everyone and leaves only his own