Old 09-30-2004 , 20:31  

if you could speak english, now that would be nice
Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2004 , 21:51   Re: ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightaces235
UM THX DUDE BUT WHY WOULD I WANNA MAKE COPIES THESE ARE MY QUESTIONS
1)waht heros dont work with o.99, and cant u recompile them usin the compile.bat that comes with 0.99, so it will work with 0.99. Also do i evan need to upgrade to 0.99 or can i just get the superhero update with o.98. plz tell me if u know thx

2)had an auntoinstall of the hermod, and it came with amx 0.98. i now wanna go to amx 0.99. I am also installing the nex updated version of hermod over my old one. Will i lose all my xp for all my players. If so how can i prevent this, can i put my old vault.ini folder into my new one. If u can help me i would really appreciate it.
IF U CAN ANSWER ANY OF THESE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. thx
1) any hero that requires xtrafun will not work on 9.9 unless you recode the sma. if you want to know if they require xtrafun, look in the sma right near the top for
#include <xtrafun>
recompiling them will not help you, if you try, you will get an error saying it requires xtrafun

2) as I said earlier, right click on your czero or cstrike folder and copy it, now paste it to your desktop, this is your safety net in case anything screws up, now you can upgrade but realize that everything is different with 9.9 from 9.8a, things go in different places
put everything where it goes, then copy over from your desktop copy, your users ini, your vault, your plugins in, your some of the components of your shconfig. the next step would be to recompile your sma's by putting them in examples/source, If I remember, then use the compile bat to make new amx files in a folder called compiled, put these amx files into your plugins folder and you are done

personally I don't see any advantage to 9.9, if you are gonna switch, go to amxmodx 0.20, that is my opinion
Old 09-30-2004 , 21:53   whoooo

If u cant understand that u cant help me , and its english thx for uir concern.
Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2004 , 21:54  

read the post I made above this
Old 09-30-2004 , 21:58   Re: ????

Quote:
UM THX DUDE BUT WHY WOULD I WANNA MAKE COPIES THESE ARE MY QUESTIONS
1)waht heros dont work with o.99, and cant u recompile them usin the compile.bat that comes with 0.99, so it will work with 0.99. Also do i evan need to upgrade to 0.99 or can i just get the superhero update with o.98. plz tell me if u know thx

2)had an auntoinstall of the hermod, and it came with amx 0.98. i now wanna go to amx 0.99. I am also installing the nex updated version of hermod over my old one. Will i lose all my xp for all my players. If so how can i prevent this, can i put my old vault.ini folder into my new one. If u can help me i would really appreciate it.
IF U CAN ANSWER ANY OF THESE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. thx
Quote:
If u cant understand that u cant help me , and its english thx for uir concern.
thats english ?
Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2004 , 22:04  

people who have relied on spell check their whole life, on the next Oprah Winfrey.
Old 09-30-2004 , 22:21   :)

Thx alot chivas, but i will have the exact same server right, like do i need to do anything to somtin called mysql or anything else. Or am i set after doin all this.
also is there anything i have to do, on top to install the new heromod, again in the mysql ur somtin. The amxmodx wont work with heromod thoo right, also can u explain a lil better on how to know if the plugins require xtrafun module does it tell u where u download it.
Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2004 , 22:36   Re: :)

Quote:
Thx alot chivas, but i will have the exact same server right, like do i need to do anything to somtin called mysql or anything else. Or am i set after doin all this.
also is there anything i have to do, on top to install the new heromod, again in the mysql ur somtin. The amxmodx wont work with heromod thoo right, also can u explain a lil better on how to know if the plugins require xtrafun module does it tell u where u download it.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=30351
I have all the mods set up, you will not have the same exact mod, that is why I still have 9.8a till I figure it out the only version that 98% of heros work on is 9.8a, you do not need mysql unless you rent a server, atleast as far as I understand, I don't use it. amxmodx does work great with superhero mod on both listen and dedicated servers and most heros compile on it

as far as xtrafun on 9.9, if you try to recompile the sma's for 9.9, it will give you an error on many heros that it needs xtrafun and it wont compile

jtp once posted the code on how to fix this, but you have to do it on so many heros, I personally feel you are better off with amxmodx 0.20 unless you can wait and are happy with 9.8a
Old 09-30-2004 , 23:29   WOW

thx for the link, your a real helpful guy. Can i ask u one thing thoo. Why should i go amxmox, i heard it wont work with heromod.
imported_straightaces235
Old 09-30-2004 , 23:32   also

If i use amxmodx in that link u gave me, will i be able to use all my heros from amx 0.98.
Closed Thread