Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

GriMz
Old 06-25-2008 , 03:27   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

umm, if php 4.1 is required to install sourcebans, why is 4.4.8 not acceptable?

weird..
Old 06-25-2008 , 03:53   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Cause you are mixing mysql and php version requirment:

Web Server
  • PHP 5
  • At least MySQL 4.1
Olly
Old 06-26-2008 , 10:39   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriMz View Post
umm, if php 4.1 is required to install sourcebans, why is 4.4.8 not acceptable?

weird..
Yea, PHP5 is required.

If you are still using PHP4, then you need a new host, or you should stop being lazy, and update it ;)

// Yarrrr!
Send a message via MSN to Olly
GriMz
Old 06-26-2008 , 18:49   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

i am using php 5.0 and mysql 4.4.8 (which IS greater than 4.1) and it still does that.

you have some type of error in the coding for version checking.
Old 06-27-2008 , 10:07   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:
i am using php 5.0 and mysql 4.4.8 (which IS greater than 4.1) and it still does that.

Could you please screenshot the error page.

// Yarrrr!
Send a message via MSN to Olly
jsterling
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-28-2008 , 00:45   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:

There is no mysql 4.4.8...

There is a mysql 5.0 and a PHP 4.4.8 but no 4.4.x branch of MySql.

Create a new .php file named "phpinfo" and then add this code to it. Upload it to the root of your webserver and please post or pm a link to it.

Code:
<?php
// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();
?>
This will allow us to tell you for sure what version of PHP and MySQL you are running.
Send a message via AIM to jsterling
GriMz
Old 06-28-2008 , 15:56   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

your right, i did have it backwards, my bad.

ill have to contact my webhost.
Old 06-30-2008 , 03:33   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Ok before i finally say "fuck it" and throw in the towel

On Table creation what is the final fix ive spent the last half an hour scrolling through 15 pages of people saying its been said, WHERE THE FUCKING WHERE!!? It says some shit about the `lastvisit` DATETIME NULL; that was it.
I Want a FINAL oulook fix for the problem, Anyway says google / search i swear to fucking god im gonna kill you!!!

I Am obviously extremly pissed off seing as i downloaded it at about 3am and its now 9am... ANSWERS! PLEASE!!!

Its a fresh install so, Now tell me what to do.

PHP Version = 5.2.6
MySQL Version = 5.0.45-log

This will be going on a popular server that is always full so its not some gay clan server. Its a propper server thats already extremly popular.

Last edited by Danderton; 06-30-2008 at 03:54.
Order66
Old 06-30-2008 , 11:29   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

I managed to follow along with the recent post to get my sourcebans installed on the webserver.

I copied all the gameserver plugins into the appropriate directory, and copy the appropriate config into the database.cfg file.

Now I added my server IP/port; rcon, etc. into the sourcebans webserver...and it says "Error Connecting"

The error log produce from the game server is this:

L 06/29/2008 - 23:519: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [2005]: Unknown MySQL server host 'db1529.perfora.net' (11004)

where db1529.perfora.net is the host of my database...i know sb can connect to it because it created all the tables in the db during installation.

Someone mention how my webhost maybe blocking IPs from connecting to my databases, but I have just spoke with them and they checked the IP and said it was not blocked...

Is there an alternative reason why the webserver cannot connect to the gameserver?

I dont know if this helps, but my webhost and gamehost are different providers.

Thanks!
jsterling
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-30-2008 , 19:43   Re: SourceBans (1.1.1b) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danderton View Post
Ok before i finally say "fuck it" and throw in the towel

On Table creation what is the final fix ive spent the last half an hour scrolling through 15 pages of people saying its been said, WHERE THE FUCKING WHERE!!? It says some shit about the `lastvisit` DATETIME NULL; that was it.
I Want a FINAL oulook fix for the problem, Anyway says google / search i swear to fucking god im gonna kill you!!!

I Am obviously extremly pissed off seing as i downloaded it at about 3am and its now 9am... ANSWERS! PLEASE!!!

Its a fresh install so, Now tell me what to do.

PHP Version = 5.2.6
MySQL Version = 5.0.45-log

This will be going on a popular server that is always full so its not some gay clan server. Its a propper server thats already extremly popular.
Calm down, it will be ok.

Here is the info you are looking for. Make sure you read the whole post and you'll be fine.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order66
I managed to follow along with the recent post to get my sourcebans installed on the webserver.

I copied all the gameserver plugins into the appropriate directory, and copy the appropriate config into the database.cfg file.

Now I added my server IP/port; rcon, etc. into the sourcebans webserver...and it says "Error Connecting"

The error log produce from the game server is this:

L 06/29/2008 - 23:519: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [2005]: Unknown MySQL server host 'db1529.perfora.net' (11004)

where db1529.perfora.net is the host of my database...i know sb can connect to it because it created all the tables in the db during installation.

Someone mention how my webhost maybe blocking IPs from connecting to my databases, but I have just spoke with them and they checked the IP and said it was not blocked...

Is there an alternative reason why the webserver cannot connect to the gameserver?

I dont know if this helps, but my webhost and gamehost are different providers.

Thanks!
You need to talk to your web host about how you would go about adding your server's IP to your "MySQL Access Hosts". If they do not block external connections then you should have the ability to do this through their control panel but I don't know who your host is.

If that does not solve the issue then the most likely cause is that your game server host is blocking outbound connections for the standard MySQL port. You would have to ask if the first solution does not resolve your issue.
Send a message via AIM to jsterling
Closed Thread