Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S & Others] Super Beacon (v1.00, 15 April 2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
LightningZLaser
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Admin Commands
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Allows a large variety of different colored beacons, as well as custom beacons.
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Buffer overflow, poor coding practices.
    Old 04-15-2012 , 10:00   [CS:S & Others] Super Beacon (v1.00, 15 April 2012)
    Reply With Quote #1

Introduction: This is a fun admin plugin which allows admins to create beacons of many different colors around players. It even features a custom beacon which allows an admin to choose its color based on its RGB values.

Features:

-Neat user interface.
    -9 Preset Beacon Colors (Blue, Cyan, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, White and Yellow)
    -1 Customizable Beacon (Able to set RGB values of 0 to 255 for each basic color, as well as the alpha)
    -Able to decide whether plugin displays public messages when beaconing

Configuration and Adding Admins:
    For configurating admin access, use the admin files in your cstrike/addons/sourcemod/configs
    The default flag for authorizing admins to use Super Beacon is the flag alphabet "c" (which is ADMFLAG_KICK). Simply give an admin the flag "c" and he will be able to use the Super Beacon menu.

Changing the Admin Flag:
    For configurating the below, you need to edit the sourcecode. Use Notepad or PawnStudio.
    If you would like to change the admin flag alphabet:
    If you are using Notepad, click Edit on top, then click Replace. under Find What, type ADMFLAG_KICK. Under Replace With, type the flag name (not the alphabet) that you want to change to. Then click Replace All.
    If you are using Pawn Studio, click Search on top, then click Replace, under Search For, type ADMFLAG_KICK. Under Replace With, type the flag name (not the alphabet) that you want to change to. Then click Replace It.
    Here are some admin flag names you might want.
    ADMFLAG_GENERIC = b
    ADMFLAG_SLAY = f
    ADMFLAG_CUSTOM1 = o
    ADMFLAG_CUSTOM2 = p
    ADMFLAG_CUSTOM3 = q
    ADMFLAG_CUSTOM4 = r

Plugin Support for Other Source Games:
    This plugin is designed to work on and only has been tested on Counter-Strike: Source. It may work for other Source games as it contains no game-specific codes. Please try it out and tell me if it works on a specific game other than CS:S.

How To Use:
    Command to open main menu in console: sbeacon
    Command to open main menu in chat: !sbeacon
    Command to open main menu in chat silently: /sbeacon

Disabling Public Messages:
    To Disable Public Messages- Set server cvar: sb_display_public_message 0

Screenshots:

Changelog:

v1.00- Initial release

Support:
    If you would like to support this plugin, you can donate to FireWaLL servers and community at http://www.firewallcs.net/forums/misc.php?do=donate

Alternatively, you can join our popular CS:S Zombie: Reloaded server at 206.212.243.130:27015 and Deathmatch server at 206.212.243.131:27015.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (SuperBeacon_v1.00.sp - 1176 views - 73.6 KB)

Last edited by RedSword; 03-13-2015 at 02:15. Reason: Feedback given
    minimoney1
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 04-15-2012 , 10:38   Re: [CS:S & Others] Super Beacon (v1.00, 15 April 2012)
    Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LightningZLaser View Post
    Alternatively, you can join our popular CS:S Zombie: Reloaded server at 206.212.243.130:27015 and Deathmatch server at 206.212.243.131:27015.
    This is not a place to advertise your servers; it's labeled "New Plugins" and that's all it should be for.

I also don't see a download link/attachment.
    LightningZLaser
    Old 04-15-2012 , 11:32   Re: [CS:S & Others] Super Beacon (v1.00, 15 April 2012)
    Reply With Quote #3

sorry i forgot to attach it lol, my bad
    and
    I never received any warnings about placing a small advertisement at the bottom of each plugin I submitted, and I see no rules about this.

Last edited by LightningZLaser; 04-15-2012 at 11:34.
    TnTSCS
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-15-2012 , 11:40   Re: [CS:S & Others] Super Beacon (v1.00, 15 April 2012)
    Reply With Quote #4

actually, you can use admin_overrides.cfg to override the admin command you made to whatever flag...

Code:
    Overrides
    {
    "sbeacon" "d"
    }
    That should override the use of this plugin to be for admins with the ban flag, right?

Instead of this:
    Spoiler

but I haven't tested your plugin yet, so I can't say for sure - just looked through the code and saw you registered admins command "sbeacon" to admflag_kick

Last edited by TnTSCS; 04-15-2012 at 11:41.
    LightningZLaser
    Old 04-15-2012 , 11:49   Re: [CS:S & Others] Super Beacon (v1.00, 15 April 2012)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
    actually, you can use admin_overrides.cfg to override the admin command you made to whatever flag...

Code:
    Overrides
    {
    "sbeacon" "d"
    }
    That should override the use of this plugin to be for admins with the ban flag, right?

Instead of this:
    Spoiler

but I haven't tested your plugin yet, so I can't say for sure - just looked through the code and saw you registered admins command "sbeacon" to admflag_kick

Will try it out when I'm free and update my post if it works. Thanks
    DKProject66
    Old 10-21-2012 , 09:41   Re: [CS:S & Others] Super Beacon (v1.00, 15 April 2012)
    Reply With Quote #6

I just try this plugin, but I can't use it...

Possible to give access to this beacon to all players and delete the admin authentification ?

Ty

Last edited by DKProject66; 10-21-2012 at 09:45.
    RedSword
    SourceMod Plugin Approver
    Old 03-13-2015 , 02:15   Re: [CS:S & Others] Super Beacon (v1.00, 15 April 2012)
    Reply With Quote #7

Hey,

your plugin contains wrong usage of string arrays as you're writing arbitrary values to the memory outside of your allocated variables (buffer overflow). Just look at your BeaconPrefix variable. It has a size of 32 but you're using StrCat as if it was a buffer of size 64. This will cause strange problem and possible errors if a client has a name too long, since you'll be writing the end of the player name on other variables (I'd guess BeaconYellow).

Also please remove FCVAR_REPLICATED as it can produce errors in client consoles.

You could also remove a loooooooooooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooO OOOoot of code by using loops/functions and modifying only what you need to change in a string... please do so as your plugin size is unreasonable for what it gives. (Note to approver Reading/Coding @ "Rules and Guidelines for Plugin Approvers")

Also it would be nice to precache stuff OnMapStart instead of right before (you only need to do it once). Same thing with FindConVar. You also don't always need a buffer for the client's name... just use %N. This happened many time. You also don't need FCVAR_NOTIFY on non-version convar. You're also possibly having multiple beacons at the same time on the same player, which could be avoided.

Last paragraph is optional, but the rest needs to be modified for approval.

Red

EDIT : No change over 2 weeks; unapproving.
    RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
    Kill Assist
    Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work

Last edited by RedSword; 04-01-2015 at 02:54. Reason: Made changing code necessary for approval
    Lagaudasse
    Old 03-18-2016 , 02:46   Re: [CS:S & Others] Super Beacon (v1.00, 15 April 2012)
    Reply With Quote #8

Hi,

Sry it's a old post but got some question ^^

I really like the idea to make some different beacon on player but this don't work

So if anyone can look and change this plugin to fix some bug/error will be really gooood !

i have no experience on plugin so i hope anyone will rescue me XD

Ty a lot !