Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

SMAC Causing Client Crash "ERROR: IVP Failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"

Post New Thread Reply   

scso1502
Old 11-20-2011 , 20:07   SMAC Causing Client Crash "ERROR: IVP Failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"
Reply With Quote #1

"ERROR: IVP Failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"

After I recently installed SMAC plugin modules on all of our game TF2 servers, several players including myself began getting the above error which causes a TF2 client crash. Only killing TF2 process from the client's Windows Task Manager will end it (Windows 7).

I removed the new SMAC plugins from the servers and the client problems disappeared. I haven't yet done anything further to isolate exactly what SMAC plugin module is causing the problem.

All the modules were set up using their default values. I realize SMAC is a server-side plugin, however running it must have some impact on the client for it to have the affect it is on these client crashes.

If it's any help, all the clients who report the issue were running Windows 7, ATI Radeon video cards (various models), AMD quad-core or six-core CPUs and on-board sound cards. The also verified their Steam client files, verified their TF2 client files and updated to the latest version of the ATI video card drivers for their respective card.

If anyone knows what would cause this, I'd love to know how to resolve it.

Mike V.

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 11-20-2011 at 20:27.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-20-2011 , 21:51   Re: SMAC Causing Client Crash "ERROR: IVP Failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"
Reply With Quote #2

The only module in SMAC that could possibly (however unlikely it is) cause this is the anti-wallhack module.

I'd advise trying SMAC again without that module and see if you encounter the same issues.
Old 11-21-2011 , 03:10   Re: SMAC Causing Client Crash "ERROR: IVP Failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"
Reply With Quote #3

GMod players used to get this crash when entities went chaotic on clients. It could be SetTransmit + floating hats causing this.

Before I make changes you should confirm by disabling the anti-wallhack (as asherkin said).

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 11-21-2011 at 03:11.
scso1502
Old 11-23-2011 , 11:28   Re: SMAC Causing Client Crash "ERROR: IVP Failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"
Reply With Quote #4

I'll be enabling the plugin again on the servers without anti-wallhack today. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the reply.

Mike

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 11-23-2011 at 11:54.
Revdutchie
Old 11-24-2011 , 14:04   Re: SMAC Causing Client Crash "ERROR: IVP Failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
I'll be enabling the plugin again on the servers without anti-wallhack today. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the reply.

Mike
I can confirm the problem. Installed smac today and get same error.
Will disable the waalhack thing and let you guys know.

Rev
Revdutchie
Old 11-29-2011 , 08:19   Re: SMAC Causing Client Crash "ERROR: IVP Failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"
Reply With Quote #6

Update: without anti-wallhack today it all works fine, so the problem is in the anti-wallhack.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 11-30-2011 , 01:16   Re: SMAC Causing Client Crash "ERROR: IVP Failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"
Reply With Quote #7

Thanks for confirming. I'll have to get someone to re-test this after I attempt to fix it.
Old 12-06-2011 , 12:12   Re: SMAC Causing Client Crash "ERROR: IVP Failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"
Reply With Quote #8

Confirmed, with wallhack module off, our TF2 servers no longer have this problem. I'm currently running SMAC version 0738. I'll update when a fix is presented.

Thanks guys.

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 12-06-2011 at 12:12.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2011 , 03:56   Re: SMAC Causing Client Crash "ERROR: IVP Failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"
Reply With Quote #9

Let me know if this is still an issue with 0.7.5.1.
Old 12-28-2011 , 13:29   Re: SMAC Causing Client Crash "ERROR: IVP Failed at ..\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157"
Reply With Quote #10

It looks like the update fixed the client crashes. If I find this to be incorrect, I'll reply back. Thank you very much for fixing it.

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net