Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Disable friendly to players being votekicked on l4d2

Post New Thread Reply   

Alex101192
Old 06-12-2020 , 20:34   Disable friendly to players being votekicked on l4d2
Reply With Quote #1

Is it possible to make it so that players who are currently on a vote to be votekicked, cannot cause any friendfly fire? 80% of times the player who is being votekicked starts shooting everyone up. The best would be if friendly fire damage were to be disabled for this player for the entire duration of the vote, and if he starts shooting others and causing a certain amount of points he gets kicked.

Last edited by Alex101192; 06-13-2020 at 09:51.
SombiMan
Old 06-13-2020 , 07:52   Re: Disable friendly to players being votekicked on l4d2
Reply With Quote #2

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=119477

I found this. I haven't tested it so I don't know if it's still working, but I think it could help you with your problem if it did work.
Alex101192
Old 06-13-2020 , 09:52   Re: Disable friendly to players being votekicked on l4d2
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SombiMan View Post
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=119477

I found this. I haven't tested it so I don't know if it's still working, but I think it could help you with your problem if it did work.
This is an old outdated plugin which doesn' do what I ask. I already have plugins that take care of teamkilling on every other situation. But can't find anything related to votekick.
jackz
Old 06-14-2020 , 19:13   Re: Disable friendly to players being votekicked on l4d2
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
Is it possible to make it so that players who are currently on a vote to be votekicked, cannot cause any friendfly fire? 80% of times the player who is being votekicked starts shooting everyone up. The best would be if friendly fire damage were to be disabled for this player for the entire duration of the vote, and if he starts shooting others and causing a certain amount of points he gets kicked.
I have attempted to make the plugin. Sadly, I have not had the chance to actually test it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. No damage is received to survivors if the attacker is being vote kicked.

One cvar:
sm_votekick_force_threshold -The threshold of damage where the offending player is just immediately kicked. 0 -> Any attempted damage, -1 -> No auto kick.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (L4D2FFKickProtection.sp - 152 views - 3.7 KB)
Alex101192
Old 06-15-2020 , 07:59   Re: Disable friendly to players being votekicked on l4d2
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
I have attempted to make the plugin. Sadly, I have not had the chance to actually test it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. No damage is received to survivors if the attacker is being vote kicked.

One cvar:
sm_votekick_force_threshold -The threshold of damage where the offending player is just immediately kicked. 0 -> Any attempted damage, -1 -> No auto kick.
Thank you a lot. I will test this when I have the time.