Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Deathrace (v2.3)

Post New Thread Reply   

<VeCo>
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2019 , 10:31   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #721

Too late for that, but it would've been cool to have the mod support func_pushable as well, making moving conveyors and other traps with flying crates.

Last edited by <VeCo>; 04-02-2019 at 10:32.
Xalus
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2019 , 13:39   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Too bad this doesn't involve vehicles. My interest is diminishing. What are the bots? Are they players? The boxes? What are they, and what do they do? If you can play without them and they crash Linux why are they there? Round control? I looked at the script, and this does not come to me by surprise all these things are happening.
Lol.
Old 04-02-2019 , 16:42   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody92 View Post
Have you watched the movie "Death Race"? That's the idea of the mod. Bot exists for round control, nothing more. I don't think anyone addressed the problem before, I just thought it was my server that was messed up.

Boxes are basically upgrades you pick to increase your chances of winning (they can also be downgrades such as a death crate or a drug crate), whether by stopping/killing your enemy or getting you ahead of everybody by means of an increase in speed etc.

If func_vehicle was involved, it'd have been messy and more complicated to code. The mod can certainly use some upgrades that are not hard to implement, such as a point/reward system.

All in all, you may want to move on from CS. CSGO has a lot of potential.
idk, i heard of somebody making a mod (for himself) of mario kart, not the same as deathrace, but very similar.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2019 , 22:18   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody92 View Post
Have you watched the movie "Death Race"?

All in all, you may want to move on from CS. CSGO has a lot of potential.
Certainly I have seen the movie. Dude where's your car? The Youtube video of this looked like Run with the Bulls with stabbing crates in the way.

I will stick with HL3. CS:GO is a great game unmodified.

Let us know when you resolve the crashes and how please without removing the functionality. That's more remarkable. You already noticed slicing the functions helped. Good luck.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 04-03-2019 at 14:59.
Rivotril
Old 05-16-2019 , 18:36   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #725

Hello, so i decided to install the slipstream and that completely destroyed the mod, it crashed after i attacked somebody (HE Nade) with an active slipstream, server crashed with the error "FATAL ERROR (shutting down): NUM_FOR_EDICT: bad pointer", after that the server couldn't even get back up with the slipstream active, same problem as with the bot active, server constantly crashes.
Rivotril
Old 05-20-2019 , 21:51   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivotril View Post
Hello, so i decided to install the slipstream and that completely destroyed the mod, it crashed after i attacked somebody (HE Nade) with an active slipstream, server crashed with the error "FATAL ERROR (shutting down): NUM_FOR_EDICT: bad pointer", after that the server couldn't even get back up with the slipstream active, same problem as with the bot active, server constantly crashes.
Update on this, the problem wasn't the slipstream, the problem is still on the default mod (main or crates, my guess is on main), a player killed another player with a grenade and the error appears, server crashes.
Rivotril
Old 06-26-2019 , 03:35   Re: Deathrace (v2.3)
Reply With Quote #727

Update on the whole thing, the issue turn out to be the frostnade, it's fixed now.

About the Deathrace, you should fix the issue with the bot as it does generate crashing, you could either fixed it or remove it and add round_terminator and infinite_round support on the plugin.

Also you should update the "Servers using this mod" to use gametracker.