Pinion Adverts [Video Ads + Steam Community]

Post New Thread Reply   

napalm00
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2013 , 14:00   Re: Pinion Adverts
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
I'm already fairly familiar with the Pinion plugin's code from previous endeavors so the approval was quick. The bugs present are on their backend, not in the plugin. I'm so very sorry that we're unable to review plugins as quickly as you would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteeneleven View Post
How about fixing immunity (for the 10th time)
Not a problem anyway, I've given up with AM completely
Old 06-17-2013 , 20:30   Re: Pinion Adverts
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteeneleven View Post
How about fixing immunity (for the 10th time)
Immunity works in the current release, it's 'immunity from forced durations'. Extended immunity that gives an alternative URL is next on the todo list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
The video was in fact playing.
This should be improved in coming weeks as we are moving to a different cloud hosting platform,

Updated Post 1 with new guaranteed regions and roadmap.

Last edited by Arthur.PinionGG; 06-17-2013 at 22:06.
ozgaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-18-2013 , 02:46   Re: Pinion Adverts
Reply With Quote #23

A lot of players are getting this at the moment. Tried sm plugins unload, deleted cfg and smx, installed latest one from website, then reloaded, fixed cfg, reloaded plugin again.

friagram
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2013 , 04:11   Re: Pinion Adverts
Reply With Quote #24

Assuming you are storing float times for last displayed ad.. And you only need one single timer loop.. Can't you just wait till they get authed, set their time to see next add via time (epoc time + ad enforcement length), the main timer loop will go hey, time to show them their add now as it iterates over all the clients... Then after that time < current time.. It gives up. This way you wont have any sillu -700 second nag screens and multiple repeating timers. Just one single repating timer for all clients that does everything.

To not show an add you can set time to 0. to show, set time + length. Perhaps its just too simple to make use of, and its better to use some convoluted system with multiple repeating timers and whatnots.

Last edited by friagram; 06-18-2013 at 04:15.
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 06-18-2013 , 04:54   Re: Pinion Adverts
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgaming View Post
A lot of players are getting this at the moment. Tried sm plugins unload, deleted cfg and smx, installed latest one from website, then reloaded, fixed cfg, reloaded plugin again.

Which version of the plugin are you running? Can you PM me an IP so I can have a look? This shouldn't be possible under v1.12.18, did you restart the server after upgrading?

Last edited by Arthur.PinionGG; 06-18-2013 at 23:31.
XaxaXoxo
Old 06-18-2013 , 05:20   Re: Pinion Adverts
Reply With Quote #26

hi

Arthur.PinionGG, when do you plan to add Finland and Russia in your Guaranteed Regions list?
I stopped using your system this month because 75% of the players I have from these countries.
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 06-18-2013 , 23:39   Re: Pinion Adverts
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaxaXoxo View Post
hi

Arthur.PinionGG, when do you plan to add Finland and Russia in your Guaranteed Regions list?
I stopped using your system this month because 75% of the players I have from these countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur.PinionGG View Post
What we pay you for
-We purchase all impressions from guaranteed regions that complete
-We purchase all impressions from guaranteed regions that don't fill due to lack of content
-We purchase all impressions from non guaranteed regions that fill and complete
Hi XaxaXoxo,

Although we don't guarantee to purchase 100% of impressions you still can run Pinion and we will purchase all impressions that are served and complete 100%.

Last edited by Arthur.PinionGG; 06-19-2013 at 00:16.
StayOx
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-19-2013 , 21:36   Re: Pinion Adverts
Reply With Quote #28

after seven days testing the Pinion on two servers with 24 slots and an average of 200 users connected per day, please like to know why the impression counts so low? and servers are not recorded on "Servers" page

Another issue to be considered a guaranteed region users who connect to gameserver regions should be guaranteed?
Since servers can be anywhere in the world.

Impressions:

[IMG]http://img5.**************/img5/9972/fty3.th.jpg[/IMG]

Servers page:

[IMG]http://img43.**************/img43/5571/44xh.th.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by StayOx; 06-19-2013 at 21:40. Reason: add images
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 06-20-2013 , 00:26   Re: Pinion Adverts
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayOx View Post
after seven days testing the Pinion on two servers with 24 slots and an average of 200 users connected per day, please like to know why the impression counts so low? and servers are not recorded on "Servers" page

Another issue to be considered a guaranteed region users who connect to gameserver regions should be guaranteed?
Since servers can be anywhere in the world.

Impressions:

[IMG]http://img5.**************/img5/9972/fty3.th.jpg[/IMG]

Servers page:

[IMG]http://img43.**************/img43/5571/44xh.th.jpg[/IMG]
Hi StayOx,

Basically where the server is located is completely irrelevant, the adverts are based on the GeoIP lookup of the client. For example a server in Russia if it had American clients those impressions would be 'guaranteed' to be purchased.

One connection doesn't mean one impression, for guaranteed regions yes - if it completes 100% or we don't fill we still purchase that impression. All other regions we will happily purchase however only on fill. The good news is, we are constantly adding more networks with more content becoming available for all weird and wonderful regions.

I assume your server is within an non guaranteed region or you get a lot of international traffic?

Secondly, the server tab presently doesn't appear to be working. Our tech team is working on it however presently I don't have an ETR.
StayOx
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-20-2013 , 02:15   Re: Pinion Adverts
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur.PinionGG View Post
Hi StayOx,

Basically where the server is located is completely irrelevant, the adverts are based on the GeoIP lookup of the client. For example a server in Russia if it had American clients those impressions would be 'guaranteed' to be purchased.

One connection doesn't mean one impression, for guaranteed regions yes - if it completes 100% or we don't fill we still purchase that impression. All other regions we will happily purchase however only on fill. The good news is, we are constantly adding more networks with more content becoming available for all weird and wonderful regions.

I assume your server is within an non guaranteed region or you get a lot of international traffic?

Secondly, the server tab presently doesn't appear to be working. Our tech team is working on it however presently I don't have an ETR.

In this case unfortunately Pinion will not work for me because 90% of players on my server are in Latin America, mainly Brazil, Argentina and Chile

The Pinion have any plans on adding Latin American countries?

Thanks for the explanation.