Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] SteamWorks

Post New Thread Reply   

MAGNAT2645
Old 08-25-2020 , 05:32   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #801

Oh, the "git132" version? I think it works fine (used it once and it was fine) but why do I need to use an older version?
No way to fix this bug with the new version?

EDIT: None of GitHub releases have working SteamWorks_SetGameDescription. Installed git132 version from old builds and it is working fine.

Last edited by MAGNAT2645; 08-25-2020 at 06:38.
dragonbanshee
Old 09-07-2020 , 23:03   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #802

Hi, recently I am trying to reinstall SteamWorks on my TF2 server (linux) and am getting this error when SteamWorks tries to load:
Code:
<FAILED> file "SteamWorks.ext.so": Plugin requires newer Metamod version (16 > 15)

Code:
Metamod:Source version 1.10.7-dev
Built from: https://github.com/alliedmodders/metamod-source/commit/6c8495f
Build ID: 971:6c8495f
Loaded As: Valve Server Plugin
Compiled on: Mar 28 2019
Plugin interface version: 15:14
SourceHook version: 5:5
http://www.metamodsource.net/
Code:
SourceMod Version Information:
    SourceMod Version: 1.10.0.6482
    SourcePawn Engine: 1.10.0.6482, jit-x86 (build 1.10.0.6482)
    SourcePawn API: v1 = 5, v2 = 12
    Compiled on: Apr  9 2020 14:58:37
    Built from: https://github.com/alliedmodders/sourcemod/commit/0ac7875
    Build ID: 6482:0ac7875
    http://www.sourcemod.net/
My server is running the most recently version of MM (971), so I'm pretty sure this error is misleading. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-08-2020 , 03:26   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #803

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbanshee View Post
My server is running the most recently version of MM (971), so I'm pretty sure this error is misleading. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
The error is not misleading, you are running a build of MM:S 1.10, the extension build you’re trying to load requires MM:S 1.11.
Old 09-08-2020 , 14:09   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #804

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The error is not misleading, you are running a build of MM:S 1.10, the extension build you’re trying to load requires MM:S 1.11.
I see, it was in a different branch so I didn't see it. Will try that, thank you!
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-08-2020 , 21:59   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #805

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbanshee View Post
I see, it was in a different branch so I didn't see it. Will try that, thank you!
Grab the AM version if you're not on CS:GO.
Rugal
Old 09-09-2020 , 08:58   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #806

Hello, I'm looking for this extension in the windows version, I can't find it anywhere, can anyone tell me if it really has windows, and where can I find it? Thank you.
KyleS
Old 09-09-2020 , 11:43   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugal View Post
Hello, I'm looking for this extension in the windows version, I can't find it anywhere, can anyone tell me if it really has windows, and where can I find it? Thank you.
Yes it's on AM.
Hardatyou
Old 11-15-2020 , 09:41   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #808

Hello,

So I am trying to use the CallAdmin plugin and display the call on discord.
This process required me to use SteamWorks which unfortunately does not execute at all.

The error that I am getting is.

Code:
: [SM] Unable to load extension "SteamWorks.ext": /home/dathost/csgo_ds/csgo/addons/sourcemod/extensions/SteamWorks.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
L 11/15/2020 - 13:07:46: [SM] Unable to load plugin "discord.smx": Required extension "SteamWorks" file("SteamWorks.ext") not running
L 11/15/2020 - 13:07:46: [SM] Unable to load plugin "discord_sourcebans.smx": Could not find required plugin "discord"
L 11/15/2020 - 13:07:46: [SM] Unable to load plugin "discord_calladmin.smx": Could not find required plugin "discord"
Take a note on "[SM] Unable to load extension "SteamWorks.ext": /home/dathost/csgo_ds/csgo/addons/sourcemod/extensions/SteamWorks.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I have triple checked if SteamWorks.ext.so the file is in that directory, I even re-installed all the plugins with no help.
KyleS
Old 11-16-2020 , 19:54   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardatyou View Post
Hello,

So I am trying to use the CallAdmin plugin and display the call on discord.
This process required me to use SteamWorks which unfortunately does not execute at all.

The error that I am getting is.

Code:
: [SM] Unable to load extension "SteamWorks.ext": /home/dathost/csgo_ds/csgo/addons/sourcemod/extensions/SteamWorks.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
L 11/15/2020 - 13:07:46: [SM] Unable to load plugin "discord.smx": Required extension "SteamWorks" file("SteamWorks.ext") not running
L 11/15/2020 - 13:07:46: [SM] Unable to load plugin "discord_sourcebans.smx": Could not find required plugin "discord"
L 11/15/2020 - 13:07:46: [SM] Unable to load plugin "discord_calladmin.smx": Could not find required plugin "discord"
Take a note on "[SM] Unable to load extension "SteamWorks.ext": /home/dathost/csgo_ds/csgo/addons/sourcemod/extensions/SteamWorks.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I have triple checked if SteamWorks.ext.so the file is in that directory, I even re-installed all the plugins with no help.
What happens when you try to load the extension by hand? have you tried the AM version vs the horrible CS:GO GitHub version?
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-20-2020 , 10:16   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #810

Would anyone know if the Windows version still works correctly?

I use this extension together with the CSGO SWGM Plugin, Linux version works all right. The Windows version runs and everything, but the plugin does not work.

Would anyone else have this problem, or would it be something in the plugin itself?

The plugin itself runs when the server starts for the first time, but changes the map to stop working.

I've checked error logs and nothing. Both the plugin and the SteamWorks extension still work, without errors, however the plugin does not do its job, it would block commands and check if the player is in the Steam Group.

Last edited by paulo_crash; 11-23-2020 at 09:48.