Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)

Post New Thread Reply   

Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2008 , 16:51   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #241

Sorry to report that as soon as I enabled SourceTV with sm_hreserved_bot_protection "1" and my 25th slot was used then the server crashed.

I'm OK to live without SourceTV TBH : public server = unlikely to make much use of SourceTV anyway.
Old 03-05-2008 , 17:27   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_One View Post
Sorry to report that as soon as I enabled SourceTV with sm_hreserved_bot_protection "1" and my 25th slot was used then the server crashed.

I'm OK to live without SourceTV TBH : public server = unlikely to make much use of SourceTV anyway.
I love blind debugging ;-)

try the attached version please, may help. if not, please post a dump of hrs_status while there are some players on the server - just to get an impressions what assumption the plugin makes on your config.

UPDATED. try this one please
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (hreserved_slots.sp - 452 views - 19.0 KB)

Last edited by red!; 03-07-2008 at 05:14.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-07-2008 , 22:41   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #243

Is the connect method still via server console? If so, could you please add that "minor" detail to the first post?

Thanks!!
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2008 , 03:49   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjrNuT View Post
Is the connect method still via server console? If so, could you please add that "minor" detail to the first post?

Thanks!!
That depends on whether your reserved slot is hidden or not.

If it's a visible slot then you don't need to connect through console, if it is a hidden slot then you need to connect through console.
Old 04-08-2008 , 05:09   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #245

exactly. but as a matter of fact it's the CLIENT console. and as long as I remember that is and was the only way to use hidden slots on all steam-games. Thus this thread mainly adresses server administrators I did not think I have to give a game-engine user tutorial. To get it even clearer: This is not one of my functions - it's the game that works this way.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2008 , 18:54   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #246

Since your here red, if I set the plugin to not kick anyone and I have a 25 slot server with 1 slot hidden in TF2 and its 25/24 and a donator tries to join can someone gets kicked because thats what I would like it to do?

Roachy
Old 04-18-2008 , 12:51   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #247

Hi there, quick question. All I want is a plugin that will redirect connecting clients to another server when the main server is full. We do not use any reserved slots. Will this plugin work?

I'm guessing I would set reserved slots to 0/disabled, and specify sm_hreserved_redirect_target. But in the config the description of sm_hreserved_redirect_target is "alternate server a client is offered to be redirected to, if sm_hreserved_drop_method is set to value 2", making it sound like the redirect is not active if sm_hreserved_drop_method is set to value 0 (do not drop). Because I don't want the plugin to ever drop any clients that are already connected, since we don't have any reserved slots.

Sorry if I haven't been clear, I hope this makes sense. So can anyone tell me what the proper config would be for this scenario, or if this will work? Here's my guess at what the config should look like, I've put the important variables at the top, and the variables that shouldn't matter (for this scenario) at the bottom:

Code:
//--------------------------
// cvars that I'm guessing are necessary to allow client redirect on full server, without ever kicking any currently-connected clients

// disable/enable reserved slots
sm_hreserved_slots_enable "0"

// time to show the redirection offer dialog
sm_hreserved_redirect_timer "30"

// alternate server a client is offered to be redirected to, if sm_hreserved_drop_method is set to value 2
sm_hreserved_redirect_target "our secondary server"

// cvars that I'm guessing shouldn't matter for this scenario, but are included in the default config

// method for dropping players to free a reserved slot (0: no players are dropped from server, 1: kick, 2: offer to be redirected to the server specified in sm_hreserved_redirect_target)
 sm_hreserved_drop_method "0"

// protect admins from being dropped from server by reserved slot access (0: no protection, 1: except spec mode, 2: full protection)
sm_hreserved_admin_protection "0"

// kick bots/fake clients (e.g. SourceTV)? (0: kick, 1:  do not kick)
sm_hreserved_bot_protection "0"

// select how players are chosen to be dropped from server when there are multiple targets with the same priority. (0: highest ping, 1: shortest connection time)
sm_hreserved_drop_select "0"

// value to be subtracted from the immunity level of spectators. The value 0 will make spectators to be treated like players in the game
sm_hreserved_immunity_decrement "1"

// number of reserved slots (do not specify or set to -1 to automatically use hidden slots as reserved)
sm_hreserved_slots_amount "0"

// use sourcemod immunity level to find a player to be dropped (0: do not use immunity , 1: use immunity level)
sm_hreserved_use_immunity "1"
So does that look right? Oh, and a side question: Can I use a URL instead of an IP in the redirect_target cvar? Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Roachy; 04-18-2008 at 12:55.
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2008 , 14:02   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #248

You can't do what you want with any plugin.
A client can't connect to your server if there's no slot; therefore he can't be redirected.
Old 04-18-2008 , 14:57   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #249

So I guess an attempt at connecting to a full server doesn't kick off any event that Soucemod can detect then? That's too bad. I wish valve hadn't taken off this functionality in the first place. They always pull that crap.

I really don't want to use reserve slots, but what if we kept 1 reserve slot? Would that reserve slot HAVE to be empty for the client to connect far enough to get picked up by this plugin? Seems like that would work, even if it's at the cost of lowering the max playercount by 1.

This would be so much easier if connect attempts when the server is full could be detected and acted upon :/

Last edited by Roachy; 04-18-2008 at 15:02.
dann
Old 05-04-2008 , 07:00   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #250

Is there a file that needs to be created and put somewhere so I can add people for reserved slots.

Im switching fully over to sourcemod from running half mani/half sourcemod and Im a little confused.

thanks.