Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Unscrambler

Post New Thread Reply   

Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-24-2008 , 14:34   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #11

Updated with a bug fix. This will prevent the off chance that due to fixing teams, the survivor team gets emptied out causing the server to cycle the round. I only tested it briefly, but it seems to work.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2008 , 18:22   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
pred commands it.
Not that I would dare question the almighty, but what's the difference?
Old 12-25-2008 , 01:39   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #13

Faster than the function and it's always correct (where you can store the function's result and maybe on some games it can change due to SourceTV or other reasons).
ChillyWI
Old 12-27-2008 , 13:56   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #14

I'll have to update to the latest version, but I think this is a rare bug anyway. We had everyone from both teams get swapped to the wrong side last night on the third stage of No Mercy. So my team played survivor second at all times, but all got placed onto survivor first on that stage. If your plugin puts anything into the log I can probably find more info for you, or it's just something you can keep an eye on. We've played dozens of games with the plugin without issue other than that one instance.

I'd love to see a team freeze plugin with a configurable timer. I believe the safe room door opens by itself after a certain amount of time in versus, so keep that in mind. There might be a trigger in the map file you'd have to override as well if the timer is set higher than that, or you could just put a ceiling on the value in your plugin (simpler and would work fine).
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-27-2008 , 17:12   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyWI View Post
I'll have to update to the latest version, but I think this is a rare bug anyway. We had everyone from both teams get swapped to the wrong side last night on the third stage of No Mercy. So my team played survivor second at all times, but all got placed onto survivor first on that stage. If your plugin puts anything into the log I can probably find more info for you, or it's just something you can keep an eye on. We've played dozens of games with the plugin without issue other than that one instance.
That sounds like it might have been the bug that got fixed. What would happen is due to swapping people around, the survivor team would go from having humans to being full of bots (because everyone should be switched), and then the game would just end the round right there even though no one's left the safe room. Then the game would swap all player teams for the next half of the map. So if you were always survivor second, but suddenly were survivor first and the other team didn't get to play survivor on that map, that's the bug.

Quote:
I'd love to see a team freeze plugin with a configurable timer. I believe the safe room door opens by itself after a certain amount of time in versus, so keep that in mind. There might be a trigger in the map file you'd have to override as well if the timer is set higher than that, or you could just put a ceiling on the value in your plugin (simpler and would work fine).
The director itself opens the door. There's a cvar for it whose name I don't know off the top of my head, but its value is 60s.
3_stooges_geo
Old 12-27-2008 , 18:54   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #16

is this still Linux only?
Fyren
Old 12-27-2008 , 18:58   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #17

Until someone finds the Windows signatures for the needed functions, yes.
ChillyWI
Old 12-27-2008 , 19:44   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
That sounds like it might have been the bug that got fixed. What would happen is due to swapping people around, the survivor team would go from having humans to being full of bots (because everyone should be switched), and then the game would just end the round right there even though no one's left the safe room. Then the game would swap all player teams for the next half of the map. So if you were always survivor second, but suddenly were survivor first and the other team didn't get to play survivor on that map, that's the bug.

The director itself opens the door. There's a cvar for it whose name I don't know off the top of my head, but its value is 60s.
Both teams got to play survivor, so I'm not sure it's the same issue. I'll just let you know if it happens again. I'll look for that cvar... thanks for the info.
Fyren
Old 12-27-2008 , 20:12   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyWI View Post
Both teams got to play survivor, so I'm not sure it's the same issue. I'll just let you know if it happens again. I'll look for that cvar... thanks for the info.
Do you remember if the team scores got swapped when that happened?
ChillyWI
Old 12-27-2008 , 21:47   Re: [L4D] Unscrambler
Reply With Quote #20

It happened again tonight on No Mercy and we were running the latest version. I think it was on the 3rd stage. I really don't know about the scores, but for some reason I think they might have switched since I was surprised when our team was ahead on stage 4. Is there log information I can provide that would help you debug?