Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Re-configures all finales to be proper and actually following the given ETA.
    Old 08-16-2016 , 09:14   [L4D2] Rescue Vehicle ETA | 0.62 : August 6, 2019 |
    Reply With Quote #1

Description:

Ever noticed how the finale gets too short or too long from the given ETA (Estimated Time Arrival) by your rescuers? Well, complain no more.

This plugin overrides the finales and changes the way they work while keeping some of the original mechanisms and adding a few tweaks. It also delays the rescue vehicle to arrive whenever there are Tanks around, following once again the rescuers' instruction to clear the area of any signs of danger as they approach.

As a bonus, this renders the bug in the Dark Carnival finale (where anyone left behind gets kicked after starting the concert) useless and instead teleports them somewhere they won't be booted from the server.

However, in The Sacrifice campaign, it prevents players from achieving the "Chaos Generator" achievement since starting all generators at once will make the plugin go cuckoo crazy. It does support custom campaign finales though, but not all of them especially the ones with a customized type setting (Urban Flight excluded).

ConVars:
    • rescue_vehicle_eta-l4d2_version (Default: 0.62)
      |Version of this plugin.|

Commands:
    None.

Bugs:
    1. Releasing +USE button after pressing the generator will remove the ability to press it again, making the round into a stand still one unless all survivors die.

Installation:
    1. Get the .smx file and put in your SourceMod's plugin folder.
    2. [Recommended] Get the Stripper config files and put them in your Stripper's maps folder.

Notes:
    • Even though the plugin heavily relies on the Left 4 Downtown 2 extension, that doesn't mean it's impossible to find other ways to achieve this.

Who knows? It might even be done with either VScripts (you know who you are. ) or the new DHooks version.
    • Since the source code is slightly complex, I just have to state that I am not responsible and it is on your end if the plugin misbehaves after you add your changes in it.
    • For better experience with this plugin, I have attached two Stripper config files for both The Passing and The Sacrifice finales to stop lowering the bridge early and also making Jimmy Gibbs's car (c6m3) / the button (c7m3) to glow after the bridge is fully lowered.
    • In another note, I have included a Stripper config file that fixes the incorrect finale behavior of Wan Li campaign. I can do the same for Naniwa City campaign as well, if I have the time that is.
    • Servers with a nonstandard value of the "z_common_limit" cvar higher than 85 is not recommended to use this as it causes crashes often due to the plugin spawning mobs every minute.
    • Have a plugin that changes the Tank's health such as Multitanks, etc. if you want the best possible experience while using this.

Changelog:

08-05-2019:
    X First release.

08-06-2019:
    + Code optimization.
    + Fixed an oversight in one of the output hooks.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip RVETA-Stripper CFGs.zip (1.0 KB, 504 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (rescue_vehicle_eta-l4d2.sp - 468 views - 38.8 KB)
    File Type: smx rescue_vehicle_eta-l4d2.smx (21.7 KB, 497 views)

Last edited by cravenge; 08-06-2019 at 09:00.
    Sev
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-17-2016 , 11:13   Re: [L4D2] Rescue Vehicle ETA
    Reply With Quote #2

Neat idea.

But it needs a precompiled version for public use.
    KasperH
    Old 08-17-2016 , 13:15   Re: [L4D2] Rescue Vehicle ETA
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    Neat idea.

But it needs a precompiled version for public use.
    It's easy to compile, but here you go. You still need the extension. Works well for me.
    Attached Files
    File Type: smx rescue_vehicle_eta-l4d2.smx (8.8 KB, 854 views)
    KIRINYO
    Old 10-26-2016 , 19:53   Re: [L4D2] Rescue Vehicle ETA
    Reply With Quote #4

could force the arrival of rescue vehicle after a while even when all the tank be alive ????
    zorry bad english
    hikarusen
    Old 12-26-2016 , 19:32   Re: [L4D2] Rescue Vehicle ETA
    Reply With Quote #5

Expect update
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-05-2019 , 05:21   Re: [L4D2] Rescue Vehicle ETA | 0.61 : August 5, 2019 |
    Reply With Quote #6

A major overhaul has been done! Kindly check the first post!

P.S: Mostly recommended for Versus servers.

Last edited by cravenge; 08-05-2019 at 05:39.
    Dragokas
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-05-2019 , 06:03   Re: [L4D2] Rescue Vehicle ETA | 0.61 : August 5, 2019 |
    Reply With Quote #7

Nice idea! Thanks =)
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-05-2019 , 19:54   Re: [L4D2] Rescue Vehicle ETA | 0.61 : August 5, 2019 |
    Reply With Quote #8

Any feedbacks about the plugin especially that one annoying bug would be appreciated.

I really don't know what causes the output hook to fail detection when the generator is unpressed in c7m3.

Last edited by cravenge; 08-06-2019 at 00:34. Reason: Nvm.
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-06-2019 , 00:38   Re: [L4D2] Rescue Vehicle ETA | 0.61 : August 5, 2019 |
    Reply With Quote #9

A minor update has been released! Kindly check the changelog for further details!
    SDArt
    Old 09-04-2019 , 22:14   Re: [L4D2] Rescue Vehicle ETA | 0.61 : August 5, 2019 |
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
    A minor update has been released! Kindly check the changelog for further details!
    It's bugging on custom maps, the finale is just an neverending horde