Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Having a Golden Frying Pan For Your Mele Weapon

Post New Thread Reply   

UB VinylScratch
Old 05-27-2015 , 10:44   Having a Golden Frying Pan For Your Mele Weapon
Reply With Quote #1

Hello! I'm basically new here to the AlliedModders Website and I'm very nervous on what to ask, whether or not I'm doing it in the right place... Anyways, I'm looking for a plugin that someone could make for me so that it would allow you to wield a Golden Frying Pan as your Mele weapon. It would show: The kill effect for the Golden Frying Pan and turn that person to Australium Gold. (Like the Golden Frying Pan should do on a kill)

It would be a simple command like !gfp to wield it and type it again to get rid of it. I want this to be for all admins (for the most part) and or it can have an override for donators (Custom Flags) which possible I have to do myself.

(Maybe add a damage modifier for the Cvar) (e.g: sm_cvar sm_gfp_damage 30000) Ect...

Also a Cvar to enable / disable it would be nice (e.g: sm_cvar sm_gfp_enable 0/1) 0 would be for it to be disabled and 1 would be to enable it.

I've searched mainly anywhere on AlliedModders for this plugin and the closest I could get to was
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2298902 (Golden Frying Pan wielded for robots)

If anyone could make this plugin for me I'd greatly appreciate it!

If it absolutely has to be applied to your original Mele weapon in TF2 that you're using for whatever class go for it. (Other than it being a custom added in weapon item)

(This is for the game Team Fortress 2)

Last edited by UB VinylScratch; 05-27-2015 at 11:24.
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2015 , 16:53   Re: Having a Golden Frying Pan For Your Mele Weapon
Reply With Quote #2

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=141962

Try this?
UB VinylScratch
Old 05-28-2015 , 02:04   Re: Having a Golden Frying Pan For Your Mele Weapon
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
It has to be simple short command with minimum Cvars needed. Also, it would have to show for every client that connects to you. However, I've tried FlaminSarge's instructions on how to install ( [TF2Items] Give Weapon ) but it doesn't seem to be working properly (For me) I feel like I might be doing it wrong since I'm so new to this. But anyways, I only want this plugin for 1 item.

So, a much simpler plugin to wield a Golden Frying Pan would be great, but if there is no other way than FlaminSarge's ( [TF2Items] Give Weapon ) plugin, oh well...
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2015 , 12:10   Re: Having a Golden Frying Pan For Your Mele Weapon
Reply With Quote #4

Nope, it won't show for every client that connects to you, because the client TF2 checks every economy item against the item server, and if the item doesn't exist in the player's backpack it won't be visible to everyone on the server. So if you give yourself a gold frying pan, it will be visible to you, but nobody else can see it since their TF2 blocks displaying the pan on their screen (since you don't legally own it in your backpack).

That's why it works well on MvM robots since they bypass that restriction.

You can possibly modify the mvm robots plugin so that it works on all players and attach a command to it.
UB VinylScratch
Old 05-29-2015 , 15:53   Re: Having a Golden Frying Pan For Your Mele Weapon
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
Nope, it won't show for every client that connects to you, because the client TF2 checks every economy item against the item server, and if the item doesn't exist in the player's backpack it won't be visible to everyone on the server. So if you give yourself a gold frying pan, it will be visible to you, but nobody else can see it since their TF2 blocks displaying the pan on their screen (since you don't legally own it in your backpack).

That's why it works well on MvM robots since they bypass that restriction.

You can possibly modify the mvm robots plugin so that it works on all players and attach a command to it.
Darn, oh well. Thanks for the info.