Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-09-2014 , 23:29   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.0, 2013-02-09)
Reply With Quote #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearts View Post
Thanks.

Also the SnowWorks map you added to to second post the control point doesn't heal players.
Hmm... I don't think I've ever tried SnowWorks. I'd have to take a look at it. In theory, it hooks the control point prop's Touch event using SDKHooks so if the point is visible, it should work...

Quote:
Another thing I been getting complaints from my player saying the Spell Books need to be removed. I get reports saying if a person with a Spell Book equip spectates another prop it will show the Spell Book on that player. This makes it easier for that prop to be found. Not sure if this is just a issue with me or anyone else.
Spellbooks are supposed to be stripped. In fact, everything for RED players is supposed to be stripped. It appears to be working properly on my test server using the latest TF2Items 1.6.0 build (hg238 I think). During last prop logic, spellbooks are explicitly stripped.

Having said that, action items interact a bit weirdly with TF2Items, so I may have to do something more explicit to block them (i.e. remove them after spawn).

Last edited by Powerlord; 03-09-2014 at 23:29.
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 03-09-2014 , 23:56   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.0, 2013-02-09)
Reply With Quote #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Hmm... I don't think I've ever tried SnowWorks. I'd have to take a look at it. In theory, it hooks the control point prop's Touch event using SDKHooks so if the point is visible, it should work...

Spellbooks are supposed to be stripped. In fact, everything for RED players is supposed to be stripped. It appears to be working properly on my test server using the latest TF2Items 1.6.0 build (hg238 I think). During last prop logic, spellbooks are explicitly stripped.

Having said that, action items interact a bit weirdly with TF2Items, so I may have to do something more explicit to block them (i.e. remove them after spawn).
Might want to check out that map. I did notice it seems like you sort of clip through the CP so maybe that's why idk.

Code:
File: tf2items.ext.2.ep2v.dll
          Loaded: Yes (version 1.6.0)
          Name: TF2Items (TF2 Item Modifier)
          Author: Asherkin & AzuiSleet & Damizean (http://limetech.org/)
          Binary info: API version 5 (compiled Nov 21 2013)
          Method: Loaded by SourceMod, attached to Metamod:Source
That's my TF2Items version.
Part-Time Asshole
Old 03-21-2014 , 22:19   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.0, 2013-02-09)
Reply With Quote #163

Could it be that Valve utterly broke the rotation? I know there's no prop using it by default, but since the plugin offers the possibility I tried to add some new props:

-Rotations cannot be reset on respawn, so it sticks (I then played around with it a little further, it seems that there are states in game when you cannot set this - after the winpanel event I think, for example)
-CustomModelRotates does not seem to work

Maybe someone should email Valve about this. (I can't, they seem to have been ignoring me since ever. The flamethrower sound bug still isn't fixed)
My hope is that as the current prophunt maintainer you could have a chance reaching out to them as these things where actually added because of community requests (actually for prophunt to be exact).

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-22-2014 , 15:09   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.0, 2013-02-09)
Reply With Quote #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
Could it be that Valve utterly broke the rotation? I know there's no prop using it by default, but since the plugin offers the possibility I tried to add some new props:

-Rotations cannot be reset on respawn, so it sticks (I then played around with it a little further, it seems that there are states in game when you cannot set this - after the winpanel event I think, for example)
-CustomModelRotates does not seem to work
I haven't really done much with rotation. I had originally intended to use it with the coffin prop on ph_manor_event, but never got around to it.

Having said that, if CustomModelRotates didn't work, then proplock would be broken, as its the input proplock uses.

Anyway, I have no special pull with Valve.
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 03-22-2014 , 15:34   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.0, 2013-02-09)
Reply With Quote #165

Quote:
[...]Having said that, if CustomModelRotates didn't work, then proplock would be broken, as its the input proplock uses.[...]
Then it seems that the combination of both (+SetCustomModelRotation) doesn't work.
That and the other issue is that you cannot clear the rotation (or clear it manually/change it by using the respective input) in/after the arenawinpanel event (I assume this is because humiliation stuff fiddles around with it, idk). This results in the stock model to have the rotation/tilt.

Quote:
[...]Anyway, I have no special pull with Valve.
I have sent them an email already today, but I don't have a special pull either.
However these inputs have been added because of community requests and exist specifically for prophunt. So I assume you could have a major influence when you present yourself as the current maintainer of this project. I think prophunt would greatly benefit from that and I (and I assume others of course) would be immensely thankful for you at least trying to reach out to them and try to pull some strings because of the role you currently have regarding prophunt. I have a devs mail-address if you like to have it (PM) but I am certain you'll get the addresses of a few more people by asking on the irc.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 04-01-2014 , 18:36   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.0, 2013-02-09)
Reply With Quote #166

Quote:
Also the SnowWorks map you added to to second post the control point doesn't heal players.
Quote:
It seems the mapper made the control point solid "0" instead of solid "6". I fixed this by using stripper to change it's value and it worked. Attached is the Stripper Source .cfg if anyone else wants to use this map.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg ph_snowworks_a2.cfg (100 Bytes, 122 views)
Old 04-11-2014 , 00:27   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.0, 2013-02-09)
Reply With Quote #167

Just a quick question, do you know a plugin that shows who is spectating you? my friend saw this in a phr server the other day.
Also, my friend made this awesome pic about PH to use as a decal:
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-14-2014 , 10:56   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.0, 2013-02-09)
Reply With Quote #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
Then it seems that the combination of both (+SetCustomModelRotation) doesn't work.
That and the other issue is that you cannot clear the rotation (or clear it manually/change it by using the respective input) in/after the arenawinpanel event (I assume this is because humiliation stuff fiddles around with it, idk). This results in the stock model to have the rotation/tilt.
Hmm, I haven't tested in the code to see if this makes the non-prop players have weird rotations (i.e. if it applies to stock models).

Currently, we reset the rotation on prop players if no rotation is set in the config.

Quote:
It seems the mapper made the control point solid "0" instead of solid "6". I fixed this by using stripper to change it's value and it worked. Attached is the Stripper Source .cfg if anyone else wants to use this map.
I keep forgetting to report this to the author over on GamingMasters. Now that work is blocking their board, I have to do it while I'm at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
Just a quick question, do you know a plugin that shows who is spectating you? my friend saw this in a phr server the other day.
This plugin may work in TF2, I'm not sure... I haven't tested it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
Also, my friend made this awesome pic about PH to use as a decal:
Ha, I like it.

I'd be tempted to put it in the first post as the Prop Hunt logo, but I'd have to ask your friend if that's OK first.

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-14-2014 at 11:03.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-14-2014 , 11:17   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.0, 2013-02-09)
Reply With Quote #169

OK, now that I've cleared my pending stuff, here's Prop Hunt Redux 3.1.2.

Changes this time are:
  • Changed team switch time from 0.1 seconds before round end to 0.2 seconds before round end
  • Optimization: mp_bonusroundtime is now read as a Float (it has the above value subtracted from it, so it had to be converted to one anyway).
This is actually a regression fix. In 2.x versions, teams switched 0.2 seconds before round change. In 3.x versions, this was changed to 0.1 seconds.

However, 0.1 seconds is also the minimum timer accuracy in SourceMod and there is a slim chance that players wouldn't be switched until after the round changed, which causes all sorts of problems.

This is now controlled by a define in the code (#define TEAM_CHANGE_TIME) and set to 0.2 by default.
Attached Files
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (43.8 KB, 108 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 109 views - 104.7 KB)

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-14-2014 at 11:21.
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-15-2014 , 03:57   Re: [TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.1.0, 2013-02-09)
Reply With Quote #170

An interesting feature: