Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2018 , 11:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_21 View Post
Fantastic, every update that you are taking out I am using it in my game with friends and it fascinates us but I would like you to clarify a doubt, SM versions 1.10.0.6317 or higher if I'm not mistaken are trial versions and that makes me think that it can cause some faults or that my other complements work differently ... what can you tell me about it? I would appreciate it if you would clarify that point so I can consider updating to this version of sourcemod or wait until it is released as a stable version.
SM 1.10 isn't fully stable yet but from my experience, it hasn't had any problems. You may or may not have some plugins that will crash when you upgrade to SM 1.9 or SM 1.10. Two plugins that kept making me crash were l4d_sendproxytest.smx and l4dunreservelobby.smx. Though, I think they were just badly coded.

Don't be afraid to try unstable/dev versions. They're just marked as unstable because they are still being updated on a daily basis. I've been using SM 1.10 for about 3 weeks now and haven't experienced any problems after I removed those 2 plugins I mentioned.
Old 10-03-2018 , 12:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
SM 1.10 isn't fully stable yet but from my experience, it hasn't had any problems. You may or may not have some plugins that will crash when you upgrade to SM 1.9 or SM 1.10. Two plugins that kept making me crash were l4d_sendproxytest.smx and l4dunreservelobby.smx. Though, I think they were just badly coded.

Don't be afraid to try unstable/dev versions. They're just marked as unstable because they are still being updated on a daily basis. I've been using SM 1.10 for about 3 weeks now and haven't experienced any problems after I removed those 2 plugins I mentioned.
I had already downloaded the latest version of sourcemod 1.10.0 but I saw that it is no longer compatible for local servers: / ...
Some lines that I recommend to remove or put to make it compatible with local? ........
Previously in version 8.35 (if I remember correctly) it happened exactly the same but removing a part that thanks to Lux I did it and it worked, but in this version I do not see that part that I removed in that version.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2018 , 12:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #343

Quote:
I had already downloaded the latest version of sourcemod 1.10.0 but I saw that it is no longer compatible for local servers: / ...
Some lines that I recommend to remove or put to make it compatible with local? ........
Previously in version 8.35 (if I remember correctly) it happened exactly the same but removing a part that thanks to Lux I did it and it worked, but in this version I do not see that part that I removed in that version.
I already removed the part you're talking about. It works on local/listen servers again so don't worry about that. As long as you have the latest SM 1.10 build and have the abilities you want installed, everything should work fine on both local and dedicated.
Old 10-03-2018 , 13:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #344

Thank you, good man, I will prove right now your great creation to continue having fun. By the way, as a tip, it would be good if you removed the part on the first page of the publication of your add-on that says it is only compatible for dedicated servers, it is somewhat confusing.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2018 , 13:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #345

Quote:
Thank you, good man, I will prove right now your great creation to continue having fun. By the way, as a tip, it would be good if you removed the part on the first page of the publication of your add-on that says it is only compatible for dedicated servers, it is somewhat confusing.
I put that there so users will know that I don't provide support for local/listen servers. Dedicated servers are more favored since SM is more stable on them than on local/listen servers. I will probably reword it though to avoid the confusion.
Old 10-06-2018 , 23:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #346

I tried your new version of supertank ++ and update sm to 1.10.0 and everything goes perfect without crash but the new supertank works with the same tank always when you put spawn mode in 1, the first phase goes out any of the existing tanks but the second and third phase are always "acid tank and blind tank" respectively. Have you noticed that or is it a problem that only happens to me? It should be noted that in version 8.41 still compatible for sm 1.9 that does not happen and changes of random phases of all existing tanks.

Last edited by Jerry_21; 10-06-2018 at 23:39.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2018 , 00:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #347

Quote:
I tried your new version of supertank ++ and update sm to 1.10.0 and everything goes perfect without crash but the new supertank works with the same tank always when you put spawn mode in 1, the first phase goes out any of the existing tanks but the second and third phase are always "acid tank and blind tank" respectively. Have you noticed that or is it a problem that only happens to me? It should be noted that in version 8.41 still compatible for sm 1.9 that does not happen and changes of random phases of all existing tanks.
That's not a bug. Ever since v8.42 was released, users are now required to specify what bosses each Super Tank will evolve into. The default types are #2-5 and you can edit them with the "Boss Types" setting. Please refer to INFORMATION.md for details...
Old 10-07-2018 , 11:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
That's not a bug. Ever since v8.42 was released, users are now required to specify what bosses each Super Tank will evolve into. The default types are #2-5 and you can edit them with the "Boss Types" setting. Please refer to INFORMATION.md for details...
Ok I understand. I read the information file but I missed that slight detail, but as a curious fact, disable the types of tank that I speak and still appeared

Last edited by Jerry_21; 10-07-2018 at 11:43.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2018 , 15:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #349

Quote:
Ok I understand. I read the information file but I missed that slight detail, but as a curious fact, disable the types of tank that I speak and still appeared
I made sure that Super Tanks can still evolve into other Super Tanks even if those ones are disabled. That means you can disable Tank #1-5 but if you set "Boss Types" for Tank #6 to be #2-5, it can still evolve into those. It avoids problems and the hassle of having to check which Super Tank types you have enabled/disabled.
Old 10-11-2018 , 22:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #350

Oh I understand, thank you very much for the clarification, I was somewhat busy and I did not have time to do tests in the game, I'll be doing them this weekend. I want to thank you for your help and for being so clear and understandable xD