Admin Sounds

Post New Thread Reply   

dalto
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2007 , 19:26   Re: Admin Sounds
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrinder View Post
I have a feature suggestion. This is a feature that wasn't in Mani either but would be a very very nice addition.

We need a cvar to limit how often admin sounds can be played. We have several admins on our server and have had many occasions where 2 or more sounds accidentally get played one on top of the other. This restriction would be imposed globally obviously (rather than on each admin individually) to avoid coincidences of two different admins playing a sound at the same time.

//time in seconds after playing a sound that another one can be played (default = 0)
sm_admin_sounds_delay 0

Thanks!
I added this feature but I have not had a chance to test it. If someone is willing to test it I can release it.

http://users.svn.alliedmods.net/view...nk/?root=dalto
imported_Anth0ny
Old 09-23-2007 , 07:01   Re: Admin Sounds
Reply With Quote #22

we will test it.
Send a message via ICQ to imported_Anth0ny
wraithcss
Old 09-23-2007 , 09:28   Re: Admin Sounds
Reply With Quote #23

I pulled the newest source of this last night. It plays one sound at a time. If another sound is attempted while the 1st is being played, the functionality ends the first sound and plays the second.
wraithcss
Old 09-23-2007 , 13:39   Re: Admin Sounds
Reply With Quote #24

@dalto - great plugin. On my test server, it ran flawless. On my live server, I got the out of bounds issues - I have well over 50 sounds. Can you increase the size to something like 250? I don't have near that many, but other people might.. I've got just shy of 100 in my soundlist.txt, most are disabled however, I rotate them in and out on a near weekly basis or when we're bored of the current ones.

*EDIT* - Nevermind.... I set the max_sounds to 500 and recompiled. Works like a charm now/

Last edited by wraithcss; 09-23-2007 at 13:45. Reason: Resolved issue
imported_Anth0ny
Old 09-24-2007 , 06:20   Re: Admin Sounds
Reply With Quote #25

hmm.... =)

Code:
		* Made the config file load automatically
		* Added sm_admin_sounds_delay
but how can i find and use this config?
Send a message via ICQ to imported_Anth0ny
wraithcss
Old 09-24-2007 , 14:16   Re: Admin Sounds
Reply With Quote #26

Addendum to earlier.... it WILL play sounds over other sounds, only if the sounds are wav files. If an mp3 sound file is playing and another played, the first will end.

But the plugin will play a wav over an mp3 or vice versa. Solution: upload mp3's. lol
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2007 , 14:20   Re: Admin Sounds
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_Anth0ny View Post
hmm.... =)

Code:
        * Made the config file load automatically
        * Added sm_admin_sounds_delay
but how can i find and use this config?
The first time you run the plugin it will automatically create it in addons/cfg/sourcemod
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2007 , 14:21   Re: Admin Sounds
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithcss View Post
Addendum to earlier.... it WILL play sounds over other sounds, only if the sounds are wav files. If an mp3 sound file is playing and another played, the first will end.

But the plugin will play a wav over an mp3 or vice versa. Solution: upload mp3's. lol
Keep in mind the default is only 1 second. It may make more sense to change it to longer.
wraithcss
Old 09-24-2007 , 14:41   Re: Admin Sounds
Reply With Quote #29

Question for you.... is it SourceMod functionality for menus to default back to the 1st menu after a selection is made? I have about 10 pages of sounds in my list that I cycle through and would like to entertain the idea of changing the menu behavior to play the sound and keep the menu on it's current page.

Is there a setting for this, that you know if in your source code or is it in the SourceMod native code or options?
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2007 , 15:06   Re: Admin Sounds
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithcss View Post
Question for you.... is it SourceMod functionality for menus to default back to the 1st menu after a selection is made? I have about 10 pages of sounds in my list that I cycle through and would like to entertain the idea of changing the menu behavior to play the sound and keep the menu on it's current page.

Is there a setting for this, that you know if in your source code or is it in the SourceMod native code or options?
It is how sourcemod paginated menus work. I have opened a request to add this functionality and it is currently on the 1.0 roadmap.

You can view it here:
http://bugs.alliedmods.net/index.php...ls&task_id=870