Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

No MOTD in Panorama

Post New Thread Reply   

LeNoXX
Old 07-07-2018 , 06:19   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #21

Guys please,

Instead of going off on each other try to stay focused, panorama is not out of beta yet, not everyone is going to put in the launch command -panorama but for the time being, post comments on Valves Twitter, Blog, Steam Forums etc.
Make them know that no web integration AT ALL is working, i dont think they would want to kill ALL web integration, we still have a small chance that they fix this.
Also there is no need to only talk about motd as this makes it seem as you only care about ads, but in reality even web links do not work anymore, and that was just an awesome feature to have for community servers.

https://twitter.com/csgo_dev?lang=de
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/?

Do not fight each other over this, it doesnt matter if you have 1 server or 1000 servers.
Old 07-07-2018 , 08:22   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeNoXX View Post
Guys please,

Instead of going off on each other try to stay focused, panorama is not out of beta yet, not everyone is going to put in the launch command -panorama but for the time being, post comments on Valves Twitter, Blog, Steam Forums etc.
Make them know that no web integration AT ALL is working, i dont think they would want to kill ALL web integration, we still have a small chance that they fix this.
Also there is no need to only talk about motd as this makes it seem as you only care about ads, but in reality even web links do not work anymore, and that was just an awesome feature to have for community servers.

https://twitter.com/csgo_dev?lang=de
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/?

Do not fight each other over this, it doesnt matter if you have 1 server or 1000 servers.
I hope they do fix it however this was mentioned to them months ago and they never resolved it so I assume they won't. We never know with Valve.
boboffuture
Old 07-07-2018 , 10:52   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
I hate being advertised to in every corner of my life. I'm not looking for something for nothing - require me to pay to enter a server for all I care. I just don't want advertisers pushing shit down my throat 24/7 and I definitely don't want it in a video game I play for enjoyment.
I get it, but that's why servers offer ad immunity for VIP, it's not like the owner wants everyone to see the ad, he wants some kind of help to pay the server bills. 99.9% of my player base doens't give a shit about or cannot help even with U$ 1. But they are beyond happy to allow ads while they play.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2018 , 11:03   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #24

The person asked why I hated MOTD ads. That's why I hate them. That's all.
Puppetmaster
Old 07-08-2018 , 01:30   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #25

This would be a great time for Valve to add a simple option for players to opt-in for motd on a server token by server token basis. For servers which spam loud ads people could easily block them but allow them for servers which they want to support.

Patreon integration would be cooler though.

GZS Servers
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2018 , 01:50   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #26

I'd like to see integration into the Steam overlay browser. Server sends a request to the client, similar to the trade notifications in TF2 or the (now broken) AskConnect_Accept functionality. If the client accepts, it opens a page in the overlay browser.
Old 07-08-2018 , 07:01   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by boboffuture View Post
I get it, but that's why servers offer ad immunity for VIP, it's not like the owner wants everyone to see the ad, he wants some kind of help to pay the server bills. 99.9% of my player base doens't give a shit about or cannot help even with U$ 1. But they are beyond happy to allow ads while they play.
Again, running servers is a hobby, not a business.

Simply don't run the servers, if you cannot afford them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetmaster View Post
This would be a great time for Valve to add a simple option for players to opt-in for motd on a server token by server token basis. For servers which spam loud ads people could easily block them but allow them for servers which they want to support.
Unfortunately, those people / communities going against the Valve Guidelines, such as those running weapon skins and knifes, and constantly changing their tokens; that would ruin this kind of feature. But other than that, it sounds great with white/blacklisting certain things based on server token.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Fastmancz
Old 07-08-2018 , 07:16   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Again, running servers is a hobby, not a business.
It's not true. Today it's business. The servers cost a lot of money, so some money must be earned from VIP, ads etc. We create a community servers, not Valve.

Main owner of the CMGPORTAL.CZ.
---------------------------------------
My plugins:
[CS:GO] Panorama - Timeleft
[CS:GO] JailBreak - Be quiet, please!
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-08-2018 , 07:46   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmancz View Post
It's not true. Today it's business. The servers cost a lot of money, so some money must be earned from VIP, ads etc. We create a community servers, not Valve.
It is true.

And creating something you cannot afford is to blame on you, not to blame on anyone or anything else.

You are the only one responsible for what YOU are doing.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
shanapu
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2018 , 08:01   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #30

who considers selling vip or serve ads on a gameserver as a business should think about it again and better look for a more profitable and real business.

If you can't afford a hobby you should stop and don't try to squeeze every cent from the community or fool the creators.

I host game servers for more than 5 years and I was never dependent on donations or ads during this time.