Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Retrieving Da Actual chat msg from hooked "SayText" message

Post New Thread Reply   

abdul-rehman
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2010 , 12:14   Retrieving Da Actual chat msg from hooked "SayText" message
Reply With Quote #1

Hy All,
What i m trying to do is to hook player chat, so far after searching what i found was a post of ConnerMcLeod, which recommended to hook the "SayText" message and then do whatever you want with da chat instead of using register_clcmd( "say" , "hook_say" )
so i used da below code
Code:
public plugin_init() register_message(get_user_msgid("SayText"), "msg_say_text") public msg_say_text( MSG_ID, MSG_DEST, MSG_ENTITY ) {     static sz_message[192]     get_msg_arg_string(2, sz_message, charsmax(sz_message))     // Make sure it is a chat message with which we will be messing     if (!equal( sz_message, "#Cstrike_Chat_" 14 )         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE;     // Code .. }
So far da code looks gud, but the real problem is i cant retrieve the actual chat message witch da player sent, so if the player said "Hy", i am only able to catch #Cstrike_Chat_* message and not what da player has said so
is there a way to retrieve what the player actually said using only "SayText" message hook

My Plugins For ZP

Inactive due to College and Studies
Send a message via Yahoo to abdul-rehman Send a message via Skype™ to abdul-rehman
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2010 , 13:06   Re: Retrieving Da Actual chat msg from hooked "SayText" message
Reply With Quote #2

get_msg_arg_string(4

Tt may depends on what you want to do, my advice or recommandation could have been specific.

- my plugins -