Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-22-2009 , 14:05   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #501

We will have to go with all green or just have the heading green.

ie.
[Aimbot Detector] bugsy was detected using an aimbot

or

[Aimbot Detector] bugsy was detected using an aimbot
Old 02-22-2009 , 14:53   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #502

why not green then team-color? that's a nice way
Send a message via ICQ to Owyn
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-22-2009 , 15:22   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Owyn. View Post
why not green then team-color? that's a nice way
Ok, that does look nicer than all green. It is done, final product:

Terrorist:
[Aimbot Detector] Bugsy is being watched for aimbot

Counter-Terrorist:

Edit: Here's the current changes for the next release. Does anyone have any requests or bug reports:

v1.3
- Added a block so the plugin will not recognize the bot taking damage for detection if not inflicted by a bullet or if not by the watched player. Previously, we were just returning HAM_IGNORED which made the bot still take damage but not let the player get detected. Now if the damage is done by a player other than the watched player or if the bot is hurt by anything other than a bullet, we return HAM_SUPERCEDE so bot takes no damage. Also added HAM_SUPERCEDE at the end of the takedamage forward so the bot will not get hurt even if shot by the watched player. This will allow it to take an unlimited number of shots without dying.
- Added blockage of bot being spawned if the watched players victim is killed with a grenade
- Removed checking if victim ground distance is too close to killer. Now only the aiming angle is checked from the watched player to the location where the bot will be spawned. If the bot spawn origin is outside of the acceptable angle range, we do not spawn the bot. The angle ranges currently being used are Angle < 40 & fAngle > 10. This solves the bug where a player gets falsely detected because his gun is already in the aiming direction of where the bot is spawned. This error has been reported a few times on cs_assault when the watched player is on the ground outside and has killed an enemy that was standing on the roof. The player kills the enemy and then the bot gets spawned and hit by shots because the player is already aiming in the direction. Thanks to owyn for his reports and stupok for the angle calculation code.
- Added colorized chat messages. [Aimbot Detection] will appear green and the actual msg will be in team color (blue\red)
- Added cvar to enable\disable chat notifications.

Last edited by Bugsy; 02-22-2009 at 17:57.
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2009 , 11:08   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Ok, that does look nicer than all green. It is done, final product:

Terrorist:

Counter-Terrorist:

Edit: Here's the current changes for the next release. Does anyone have any requests or bug reports:

v1.3
- Added a block so the plugin will not recognize the bot taking damage for detection if not inflicted by a bullet or if not by the watched player. Previously, we were just returning HAM_IGNORED which made the bot still take damage but not let the player get detected. Now if the damage is done by a player other than the watched player or if the bot is hurt by anything other than a bullet, we return HAM_SUPERCEDE so bot takes no damage. Also added HAM_SUPERCEDE at the end of the takedamage forward so the bot will not get hurt even if shot by the watched player. This will allow it to take an unlimited number of shots without dying.
- Added blockage of bot being spawned if the watched players victim is killed with a grenade
- Removed checking if victim ground distance is too close to killer. Now only the aiming angle is checked from the watched player to the location where the bot will be spawned. If the bot spawn origin is outside of the acceptable angle range, we do not spawn the bot. The angle ranges currently being used are Angle < 40 & fAngle > 10. This solves the bug where a player gets falsely detected because his gun is already in the aiming direction of where the bot is spawned. This error has been reported a few times on cs_assault when the watched player is on the ground outside and has killed an enemy that was standing on the roof. The player kills the enemy and then the bot gets spawned and hit by shots because the player is already aiming in the direction. Thanks to owyn for his reports and stupok for the angle calculation code.
- Added colorized chat messages. [Aimbot Detection] will appear green and the actual msg will be in team color (blue\red)
- Added cvar to enable\disable chat notifications.
In my opinion colorized chat messages will make it look less professional.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-23-2009 , 11:14   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquimandrade View Post
In my opinion colorized chat messages will make it look less professional.
To be honest, I'm not 100% sold on the idea either, I just want the messages to standout more vs. the stream of normal chat. Perhaps maybe I will just colorize the [Aimbot Detector] heading.
Old 02-23-2009 , 11:19   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #506

Quote:
To be honest, I'm not 100% sold on the idea either, I just want the messages to standout more vs. the stream of normal chat. Perhaps maybe I will just colorize the [Aimbot Detector] heading.
Try with another phrase format without changing the color like this:

* You are on a killstreak with %d kills.
Owyn
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2009 , 12:00   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #507

Quote:
what about my bug report when spawned bot is not being accepted as a target by a cheat?

ps - have you sent me anything yet? i got no new mail
Send a message via ICQ to Owyn
Gizmo
Old 02-23-2009 , 13:20   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #508

or maybe like this
Old 02-23-2009 , 22:16   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
or maybe like this
owyn no, I will send it now. what do you mean by that bug, I don't understand fully.

I like this one, nice and subtle.
[Aimbot Detector] Now watching bugsy

Last edited by Bugsy; 02-24-2009 at 01:23.
PauliusBa
Old 02-24-2009 , 18:18   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #510

Quote:
I think so too, too many huds can get annoying. I think I will add some color just to make the msg stand out compared to normal chat. I will add an option for no notification now that you've said that. What do you think about the below color format?

[Aimbot Detector] Now watching bugsy
There at least could be a cvar for that... I always notice the Aimbot Detector messages. And only people with ADMIN_CVAR access can see them anyway, because not all admins understand the principles of this plugin (and they don't need to) because could get confused.
PS: I have added a " * " in front of every aimbot message in .sma, that means exclamation. Some more important messages use ** [sth] sth - that is the way most plugins are done. Regular announcements don't have the " * ", so strings with that " * " do get noticed.
* [Aimbot Detector - autowatch] blah blah
I never miss them. Colorizing them would not only, in my opinion, make it look less professional, but annoy some admins, too. It's just that people get checked occasionally.
"Aimbot Detected" stuff, though, could be in color.

PS: i had sumbitted "final" [lt] ML some time ago.

Last edited by PauliusBa; 02-24-2009 at 18:28.