Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

GunGame AMXX

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

violentcrimes
Old 11-26-2006 , 22:21   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.06b

i do have the lastest version i updated it 3 hrs ago i have auto respawn on is there a way i can turn off spec?
sawce
The null pointer exception error and virtual machine bug
Old 11-26-2006 , 22:29   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.06b

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAvalanchexX View Post
Use the latest version.
I noticed that too when testing, forgot to mention it. It seemed about the time I was going to be released into spec camera (5 seconds after death), and spawned, I was then able to knife people from spec mode :o
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2006 , 23:09   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.06b

Try this and let me know if it still occurs.

EDIT: files removed

Last edited by XxAvalanchexX; 11-27-2006 at 18:17.
violentcrimes
Old 11-27-2006 , 01:03   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.06b

i did a restart on the server after i upload files still samething
raa
Old 11-27-2006 , 04:38   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.06b

What about taking the Respawn/DM feature out of the plugin? People can use w/e other respawn/DM plugin they wish.
Quastenflosser
Old 11-27-2006 , 09:32   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.06b

I use Amxx version 1.76b ( 1.7.6.2)

Quote:
; AMX Mod X plugins

; Admin Base
admin.amxx
;admin_sql.amxx

; Basic
admincmd.amxx
adminhelp.amxx
adminslots.amxx
multilingual.amxx

; Menus
menufront.amxx
cmdmenu.amxx
plmenu.amxx
telemenu.amxx
mapsmenu.amxx

; Chat / Messages
adminchat.amxx
antiflood.amxx
scrollmsg.amxx
imessage.amxx
adminvote.amxx

; Map related
nextmap.amxx
;mapchooser.amxx
timeleft.amxx

; Configuration
pausecfg.amxx
statscfg.amxx

; Counter-Strike
restmenu.amxx
statsx.amxx
miscstats.amxx
stats_logging.amxx

gungame.amxx
rory535
Old 11-27-2006 , 11:52   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.06b

Why dont u just set ur server to not allow spectators? Theres also a plugin to only allow admin spectators. Id hate to see a great feature removed simply because theres a bug in spectator mode. (Avalanche- I remember BAILOPAN had a similar problem with his DM plugin that I think he resolved with his latest version. I remember that if you switched to spectator, you could go around killing people, but as soon as you died, it would correctly put you in spec mode)

From BAILOPANS CSDM 2.1 changelog
Quote:
-Fixed another spectator spawning glitch.

Last edited by rory535; 11-27-2006 at 12:21.
XxAvalanchexX
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2006 , 18:20   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.06b

violentcrimes: try this one then.

raa: no. If they want to use another respawn plugin they still can, but I don't think that they should be forced to.

Quastenflosser: I'll send you a PM with some more details of how we can track this down.

rory535: I know what is causing this glitch, it happened before and I fixed it, but I must've accidentally reversed the fix.

EDIT: files removed

Last edited by XxAvalanchexX; 11-28-2006 at 18:54.
Old 11-27-2006, 18:27
XxAvalanchexX
This message has been deleted by XxAvalanchexX.
organizedKaoS
Old 11-27-2006 , 21:26   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.06b

Just curious....do you mean released as in posted for public download? or "made" after yours?

I personally played the RH gungame and have found it very stable.

I have played that cz version for almost two months.

However, like andres who had requested a gungame mod in the suggestions forum, I too wanted a gungame mod for czero.

I wrote my own version just as you did, by emulating what I saw from 4hms version on source, though I did change things in my version to my liking.

I have not released mine and have had to add a message stating that my version is not RH's version nor is it yours.
( not the concept, I give full concept credit to 4hm on my site...with a link back to cage monkey)

People have mistaken my version for yours which honestly has gotten really stupid.

Only a week after I finished mine did I notice yours on the forums. But I did not make any fuss about it since you chose to release yours and I made mine solely for my server with no intent to release.

The reason I am posting though is simply this:

RH's version is RH's version. Whatever they are violating is between them and the parties involved in resolving the matter.

Avalanches version is Avalanches version. What he decides to put into it and how it works is solely up to his discretion.

If people want to say "Can you add blah blah to this plugin like what RH's version does" is simply starting a fire that should have been put out already.

If you want avalances version to run like RH's version, then learn to code and make the edits yourself, otherwise constantly comparing these two versions is going to keep a fire burning that shouldnt be.

Again, even the concept itself was not all 4hms as he did state it came from socom. The concept of having it in cs is however all 4hms.

I cannot really talk about how the plugin runs or does not work in some parts of it as I said I had finished my own version a week before avalanches release and have been running mine.

I initially chose not to post about it since it wasnt fair but all the same, other people should not compare one gungame version to another.

Use avalanches version, make suggestions, help him find bugs, etc. but dont compare one to the other as its just a never ending cycle that gets nowhere.

Last edited by XxAvalanchexX; 08-09-2012 at 20:30. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
orij1nal™
Old 11-27-2006 , 22:16   Re: GunGame AMXX 1.06b

One comment: does it matter? Unless you've officially went through the process of releasing an "amxx plugin" by new plugin submissions, and had it approved by AMXX modders, you don't need to comment on your own works. After all, this is the AMXMODX website and this plugin was clearly written solely for amxx users so I suggest some of you to stop self-promoting yourselves along with other groups with your "own" versions that have/had no intentions of sharing the source code to the public.

With that being said, I have this wonderful plugin installed on one of my servers and it is running flawlessly.

Good stuff XxAvalanchexX!! + KARMA

Last edited by orij1nal™; 11-27-2006 at 22:20.
Closed Thread