Post New Thread Reply   

Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-02-2006 , 11:08  
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puntje
Hmm, doesn't seem to do anything here.

It just counts down (skips the one during countdown aswell) and then nothing..
This is fixed, and uploaded. Thanks!

I'm going to change a few things though, so this isn't final, just a fix. As of now it's v2.0 RC1.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-02-2006 , 11:21  
Reply With Quote #12

Ok everything is fixed and it's now v2.1 .

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyre
The restart function is just reloading the map the server does not quit and "restart" the rcon cmd "restart" reloads only the map, if you want a real restart then amx_rcon quit/rcon quit/ whatever to do a quit
Yes this is true. It's better to do a shutdown, but in general the only times you need it is when you're loading something that metamod will not load on map change.
Old 02-02-2006 , 15:48  
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
The restart function is just reloading the map the server does not quit and "restart" the rcon cmd "restart" reloads only the map, if you want a real restart then amx_rcon quit/rcon quit/ whatever to do a quit
that's actually rather odd because I had my admin do a amx_restart command in game while I was using Terminal Services to view my server's Task Manager and saw my HLDS program drop from the list at the end of the restart countdown (cpu usage 4% , Ram 65 mb) and then appear a few seconds later again at 0% cpu and 62 mb ram usage.
So it appears that the restart command actually does restart the HLDS program on my HLDS running as a service.
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-02-2006 , 15:51  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragon
Quote:
that's actually rather odd because I had my admin do a amx_restart command in game while I was using Terminal Services to view my server's Task Manager and saw my HLDS program drop from the list at the end of the restart countdown (cpu usage 4% , Ram 65 mb) and then appear a few seconds later again at 0% cpu and 62 mb ram usage.
So it appears that the restart command actually does restart the HLDS program on my HLDS running as a service.
Either way, it's fixed now.
Old 02-02-2006 , 18:09  
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552
Ok everything is fixed and it's now v2.1 .

EDIT:

Quote:
The restart ....
Yes this is true. It's better to do a shutdown, but in general the only times you need it is when you're loading something that metamod will not load on map change.
Or for clearing RAM on windows box that has multipleservers ;) (reduce lag)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragon
Well go to your logs remember the time look into it and you'll be amazed that your friend used "quit" or "exit"
the server_cmd restart or reload are just reloading the map

Try "stats" on ur server and he tells you the uptime if it is not near 0 your server did not restart
Old 02-02-2006 , 18:16  
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
...Well go to your logs remember the time look into it and you'll be amazed that your friend used "quit" or "exit"
the server_cmd restart or reload are just reloading the map

Try "stats" on ur server and he tells you the uptime if it is not near 0 your server did not restart
Code:
L 02/01/2006 - 17:46:03: [server_restart.amxx] Cmd: "[Me109] Private Dyin [JG300]<1><STEAM_0:0:632018>" initiate restart
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 02-02-2006 , 18:54  
Reply With Quote #17

Very Nice Upgrade
Old 02-02-2006 , 19:27  
Reply With Quote #18

Code:
log_amx("Cmd: ^"%s<%i><%s>^" initiate %s",szName,id,szAuthid,g_iMode ? "restart" : "shutdown")

switch(get_cvar_num("amx_show_activity"))
	{
		case 1 : client_print(0,print_chat,"ADMIN: %s server in %i seconds",g_iMode ? "Restart" : "Shutdown",iTime)
		case 2 : client_print(0,print_chat,"ADMIN %s: %s server in %i seconds",szName,g_iMode ? "Restart" : "Shutdown",iTime)
	}
Not in the amx logs ... (and it still just did a "restart/reload") look
in hl logs in cstrike/logs/L020201.txt similiar to this
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-02-2006 , 20:22  
Reply With Quote #19

Yes, but read the command. It's just "restart".

If you want a true restart, you have to use shutdown. If you want I can implement an option to have the restart make people reconnect.

EDIT: This one DOES work for sure. I thoroughly tested it.
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2006 , 20:56  
Reply With Quote #20

I've found that server command "reload" essentially restarts the server with users reconnecting. The default map is reloaded as if server just started. I havnt tested with changing lets say metamod turning on and off because that is set on server start. But still use that instead of "restart" as that just restarts map not server.
Send a message via AIM to Xanimos Send a message via MSN to Xanimos