Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Release Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]

Post New Thread Reply   

Synthax
Old 06-24-2015 , 03:45   Re: Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuffyness View Post
My post on #507
Still getting "Unable to open connection to MySQL server." when I log in. The website, SourceBans database, and donations database are all hosted at Hosting24. Also, is the config file wrong to say version 3.0.0?

Last edited by Synthax; 06-24-2015 at 04:37.
shanapu
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2015 , 14:44   Re: Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthax View Post
Still getting "Unable to open connection to MySQL server." when I log in. The website, SourceBans database, and donations database are all hosted at Hosting24. Also, is the config file wrong to say version 3.0.0?
for me:
two databases (sourcebans & donation) with two users doesnt work.

all sourcebans and donation tables in same database with single user works!
Old 06-24-2015 , 17:39   Re: Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanapu View Post
for me:
two databases (sourcebans & donation) with two users doesnt work.

all sourcebans and donation tables in same database with single user works!
I'll give it a try and report back.
Edit: That seemed to work. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Synthax; 06-24-2015 at 18:05.
Synthax
Old 06-24-2015 , 19:08   Re: Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #544

No way to delete or rename a group? Even when disabled the group still shows up on the donations page.

SnowredWolf
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-24-2015 , 19:28   Re: Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthax View Post
No way to delete or rename a group? Even when disabled the group still shows up on the donations page.
I'm not sure if there's other methods to delete/rename a group, but go in your MySQL and edit/delete the group.
Old 06-29-2015 , 02:18   Re: Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #546

alright... figured out and configured sourcebans. I can add admins from the actual sourcebans control panel.

I can enter the user manually on the donatons control panel as well... but BUT BUT

I have tried to a do a test donation(donate to myself) however it doesn't seem to add the steam id to the sourcebans admin list NOR the donations admin list .

Did I do anything wrong in the config.php file? perhaps? please give me advice! IM SO CLOSE TO GETTING IT TO WORK
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-29-2015 , 06:07   Re: Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #547

1 -create server group in sourcebans
2- create vip user group
3- create fake vip user as instruction, make sure you tick him to server group that you created
4- now back to create a group on donation control with the steamid of fake vip user
5- when group has created , delete the fake vip

now you done

Last edited by nguyenbaodanh; 06-29-2015 at 06:07.
DramaLlama
Old 06-29-2015 , 23:54   Re: Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenbaodanh View Post
1 -create server group in sourcebans
2- create vip user group
3- create fake vip user as instruction, make sure you tick him to server group that you created
4- now back to create a group on donation control with the steamid of fake vip user
5- when group has created , delete the fake vip

now you done
I created a VIP group in sourcebans with reserved access then I made a fake user with STEAM_0:1:111111 to be apart of the VIP group. Then I made it in donations with the same STEAM_0:1:111111. then I deleted the fake user in sourcebans.

I did that I still can't seem to get it to add donators to the list when they donate automatically. Not sure what I'm doing wrong :/
Like I said it works fine when I enter the users in manually... but it doesnt seem to want to add them when they donate...

Are promos broken or something because each time I have been doing test donations I've been using the percent off promo code thing that I set up. 99% off of $5.00 is like $0.05 so I dont have to add so much money to my other paypal. When the donation gets sent it doesnt even pay anything because anything under a $1.00 paypal just takes as a fee anyway im pretty sure

Did everything doesn't work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by DramaLlama; 06-30-2015 at 00:10.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-30-2015 , 15:39   Re: Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaLlama View Post
I did that I still can't seem to get it to add donators to the list when they donate automatically. Not sure what I'm doing wrong :/
Like I said it works fine when I enter the users in manually... but it doesnt seem to want to add them when they donate...
Have you set up the PayPal <-> Donation Control communication properly?

If they are not communicating with each other at the moment, this easily explains why they are not being added automatically..

Quote:
Are promos broken or something because each time I have been doing test donations I've been using the percent off promo code thing that I set up. 99% off of $5.00 is like $0.05 so I dont have to add so much money to my other paypal. When the donation gets sent it doesnt even pay anything because anything under a $1.00 paypal just takes as a fee anyway im pretty sure
Not exactly. PayPal takes a fee of usually ~4% of the transaction, plus a flatrate fee of 0.30 USD, 0.35 EUR, .. and so on. depending on your currency.

If you receive a donation in EUR, which your account is automatically converting to USD, there is of course something lost during the conversion as well.

But you won't lose 100%, even though it will "feel" that way for those very very small donations.

Quote:
Did everything doesn't work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
You haven't yet done everything, because if you had, it would have been working with one of the things you tried. ;-)

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
DramaLlama
Old 07-01-2015 , 02:05   Re: Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Have you set up the PayPal <-> Donation Control communication properly?

If they are not communicating with each other at the moment, this easily explains why they are not being added automatically..

Not exactly. PayPal takes a fee of usually ~4% of the transaction, plus a flatrate fee of 0.30 USD, 0.35 EUR, .. and so on. depending on your currency.

If you receive a donation in EUR, which your account is automatically converting to USD, there is of course something lost during the conversion as well.

But you won't lose 100%, even though it will "feel" that way for those very very small donations.

You haven't yet done everything, because if you had, it would have been working with one of the things you tried. ;-)

How do I set it up properly? I put my paypal email in the config.php... anything else I need to do?

Last edited by DramaLlama; 07-01-2015 at 02:08.