Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Module: Sockets_hz ( listenning + nonblocking ) ... working :)

Post New Thread Reply   

AntiBots
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2009 , 09:01   Re: Module: Sockets_hz ( listenning + nonblocking ) ... working :)
Reply With Quote #21

Sorry my post.. But I need to refresh my idea.

Someone can giveme a example to send a text to a bot in IRC ? Only send y dont want to recive anything....

Example I want to print "Player %s enter to X Server"

Thanks...
Old 03-09-2009 , 19:54   Re: Module: Sockets_hz ( listenning + nonblocking ) ... working :)
Reply With Quote #22

I've compiled (linux) the module aggainst the lastest version and re uploaded it...
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2009 , 03:09   Re: Module: Sockets_hz ( listenning + nonblocking ) ... working :)
Reply With Quote #23

Well this message box is very very small, so sorry if what I post is hard to read.

I have found that this module seems to give me additional characters. For example 1fda. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this.

Anyway, I was looking at the souce for the reason why.
tmpchar[tmp]='\0'
while(max--&&nlen<tmp)
If tmp is the recieved length, why wouldn't the null byte be put at tmp + 1? As well if tmp is already the length, what is the purpose of max? And shouldn't nlen go until tmp and not less than tmp? (Or tmp+1 provided the case above is correct). If the null byte isn't copied, the string wouldn't terminate explaining the extra characters.

I really don't have the time to try and test this... I didn't even have much time to read over the code, so I was hoping someone who knew the code could help more.
xPaw
Retired AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-26-2009 , 10:17   Re: Module: Sockets_hz ( listenning + nonblocking ) ... working :)
Reply With Quote #24

hackziner can you compile it with last version of amxx for win32 ? also is it possible to get ip of guy who is watching web page?
Old 03-26-2009 , 16:05   Re: Module: Sockets_hz ( listenning + nonblocking ) ... working :)
Reply With Quote #25

I would like to retrieve the IP that is connecting to the socket.
I love you exolent!
hackziner
Old 03-27-2009 , 16:23   Re: Module: Sockets_hz ( listenning + nonblocking ) ... working :)
Reply With Quote #26

the module need a modification... maybe I'll try to have a look tomorrow...
//I didn't get the time this week end...

Last edited by hackziner; 03-29-2009 at 18:03.
Send a message via ICQ to hackziner Send a message via AIM to hackziner Send a message via MSN to hackziner Send a message via Yahoo to hackziner Send a message via Skype™ to hackziner
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-30-2009 , 20:08   Re: Module: Sockets_hz ( listenning + nonblocking ) ... working :)
Reply With Quote #27

A forward for incoming data would be nice so it can be handled as it arrives. This would eliminate the need for set_tasks\loops for socket_change checks for incoming data.
Old 04-18-2009 , 18:56   Re: Module: Sockets_hz ( listenning + nonblocking ) ... working :)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exolent[jNr] View Post
I would like to retrieve the IP that is connecting to the socket.
Currently, the only way to have this method is supply the IP in the data that I am sending.
I'd like a better way such as socket_info(socket, ip[], len, &port).
I love you exolent!
Alka
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-01-2009 , 18:11   Re: Module: Sockets_hz ( listenning + nonblocking ) ... working :)
Reply With Quote #29

hackziner can you make this #25 request? :-D
Old 08-20-2009 , 12:20   Re: Module: Sockets_hz ( listenning + nonblocking ) ... working :)
Reply With Quote #30

Resurrection of an old post, sorry.

Anyway.. I'd use this _alot_ if you could get rid of the need for tasks/loops, and the like, as already suggested.

In general, this would make it a whole lot easier to read, and play around with.