Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)

Post New Thread Reply   

yaya
Old 03-15-2007 , 08:08   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #21

I test your plugins, but the problem is always present
solid23
Old 03-29-2007 , 02:21   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #22

is there a bind i have to do,,because its install correctly but i had another plugin bound to e,, can someone help please
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 03-29-2007 , 04:21   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
Well it should not effect his speed at all something else might be causing that (and he should just be able to change weapons to get his speed back). And as I said above I could just check the users gravity before setting it for the parachute. And reset it back to the checked gravity after the player is done parachuting, though in doing this could present possible exploits (ie. map sets gravity, use parachute keep newly set gravity until death)

I did take a look in wc3 and gravity is only set on spawn for undead, but the item that you can buy gets set when you buy it (and new spawn if you didn't die), so that could be a problem as well.

Though seeing as he wants it that way I could make it so it does what I said and it should fix his problem for the most part. It's not hard to change, but let me find some free time to do it in while I'm not working on an sh update. I will edit this post and post it here so as not to create a new post for it.

----------------
Edit: Ok try this and see if it helps, it checks/saves your gravity whenever you use the parachute... (also added a check against using parachute in water in this one) Untested but should be fine.
No need to check/save velocity too ?
Old 03-29-2007 , 06:08   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkshine View Post
No need to check/save velocity too ?
I don't see how that would be an issue? (unless you know a reason). velocity doesn't effect a clients maxspeed, I mean when your not setting a velocity it will go to norm or whatever it was set at.

Granted I didn't test that one modified for war3ft useage, but it should work. Only other thing i could think of is to try and call the war3ft gravity func with a createforward with a small edit to war3ft (since it can't be used by include)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solid23 View Post
is there a bind i have to do,,because its install correctly but i had another plugin bound to e,, can someone help please
what plugin and whats wrong with "use" key?

Last edited by vittu; 03-29-2007 at 06:12.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 03-29-2007 , 08:07   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #25

@Vittu:

yaya said to me on a french forum that your modification didn't work. So I decided to check myself, and after some test, it works perfectly. ;)
Old 03-29-2007 , 21:38   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkshine View Post
@Vittu:

yaya said to me on a french forum that your modification didn't work. So I decided to check myself, and after some test, it works perfectly. ;)
heh, I appreciate the test but then got no clue what his problem is.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
FR0NTLINE
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-18-2007 , 00:33   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #27

Yo What do i got to do or edit, the sma file to let everyone just have a free parachute 24/7?
SuperHero Moderator
Old 04-18-2007 , 00:42   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #28

Please read thread it's only 2 pages: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...168#post426168
FR0NTLINE
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-18-2007 , 03:24   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #29

My bad vittu I could of sworn I read all this shit. Good Lookin Out though bud. Thanks.

So this will work in the sma or do i have to put in cvar.
sv_parachute "1" - 0: disables the plugin - 1: enables the plugin

parachute_cost "0" - cost of the parachute (CStrike ONLY)

parachute_payback "75" - how many percent of the parachute cost you get when you sell your parachute
(ie. (75/100) * 1000 = 750$)

parachute_fallspeed "100" - speed of the fall when you use the parachute

Last edited by FR0NTLINE; 04-18-2007 at 03:42. Reason: fixed
Send a message via AIM to FR0NTLINE Send a message via MSN to FR0NTLINE Send a message via Yahoo to FR0NTLINE
`666
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-18-2007 , 09:15   Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu View Post
Set parachute_cost to 0 and gives free each spawn. (no need for an extra cvar to give it for free)

Also, admins with correct access level get it free each spawn aswell (though I think this should be optional as well):
#define PARACHUTE_LEVEL ADMIN_LEVEL_A
What level for normal player?