Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Redirect BlackListing

Post New Thread Reply   

Costin83
Old 05-21-2010 , 07:15   Redirect BlackListing
Reply With Quote #1

Any chance to BlackList Redirect Servers in CS 1.6 ?

I know, it must be a client-side mod/whatever... I don't have any idea...
Send a message via Yahoo to Costin83
SpILL
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2010 , 12:14   Re: Redirect BlackListing
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
CS Servers Spam Problem (Possible Fix) by John1
I'm sure a lot of people have noticed that when you open counter strike and refresh the server list, there are thousands of spam servers. Spam servers are servers that have multiple entries in the server list by using different ports like below

127.0.0.1:27016
127.0.0.1:27017
127.0.0.1:27018
127.0.0.1:27019

But when you join it, it tries to redirect to another server elsewhere. By having hundreds of fake servers in the list there is more chance you will try to connect to one and end up on the server that they want you on.

When you open Counter strike and refresh the server list, counter strike looks in a file on your computer for a "Master Servers" list. It then connects to the Master Servers and gets a list of ALL the Counter Strike servers. As it gets a list of all of the counter strike servers, your computer contacts each of these servers and gets some basic information such as the name of the server, the map, players online and the latency.

If you have the ability to block an IP from your computer you wont be able to contact the servers running on that IP. Because you can't contact it and get any information, counter strike thinks the server is offline and doesn't add it to the server list. Normally people blacklist sites they don't want to be able to visit by using the windows hosts file, the problem is that you can only block domains through the hosts file.

However it is possible to use the windows route command to block IP addresses. You can tell your computer to route your traffic through another IP address before going to the IP you want to block. But the IP you route traffic through should be non existant. Then when it tries to route it through the non existant IP it will fail, basically directing the traffic to nowhere.

The problem is that there are hundreds of spam IP addresses. And it can take a while to organise them all. I have created a list of some of them below, and put it into a batch file. If you want to understand the exact command look at this
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docu ... x?mfr=true

The original file was 948KB, and took a long time to load. Because there were a lot of IP addresses in the same range (all belonging to Romania) I decided to block those ranges instead. This might block some legitimate servers, so I have to warn you of that in advance. The new file is only 125KB. The MASKS should have been .255 for most of them but i made a mistake when putting them in the file. To use, just download the file and run it, a black window will open, the changes will be made then the window will be closed.

These changes are NOT permanent, they will only last until you restart your computer. They could be made to be permanent by changing the command but I assumed most people wouldn't want permanent changes. Because of this each time you restart your computer you will need to run the file again. This blacklist is a work in progress, I will try to update it and edit this post with the new url.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m13ytnimloc

If you are not getting many servers when you refresh the whole list, make sure you have a good master servers list.
Costin83
Old 05-21-2010 , 13:19   Re: Redirect BlackListing
Reply With Quote #3

I had read this few days ago on steamforums if I recall well... but it's not really a good solution

Quote:
Because there were a lot of IP addresses in the same range (all belonging to Romania) I decided to block those ranges instead. This might block some legitimate servers
I'm from Romania too...

I think there's no real solution for this annoying problem for the moment...
So maybe the ONLY possible "FIX" for this is for Valve to take care about it, though it's rather implausible...

Good thing though is that Valve releases idiotic updates that fucks-up the gameplay of good contemplated games...
endeffects
Old 06-07-2010 , 12:24   Re: Redirect BlackListing
Reply With Quote #4

there exists a tool for most hl1 (CS 1.6, CS:CZ) and hl2 (CSS) games that detects fake servers and servers with bots and blacklists them with your windows firewall. check it out here: http://www.enire.com/fake-server-buster/
xPaw
Retired AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 06-07-2010 , 12:28   Re: Redirect BlackListing
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by endeffects View Post
there exists a tool for most hl1 (CS 1.6, CS:CZ) and hl2 (CSS) games that detects fake servers and servers with bots and blacklists them with your windows firewall. check it out here: http://www.enire.com/fake-server-buster/
that is bullshit, i have 10+ servers running on IP, and you call them fake servers? kay
Old 06-07-2010 , 12:30   Re: Redirect BlackListing
Reply With Quote #6

it's up to you how many servers you wanna allow per ip, just change the value..
Costin83
Old 06-07-2010 , 15:26   Re: Redirect BlackListing
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaw View Post
that is bullshit, i have 10+ servers running on IP, and you call them fake servers? kay
It is a start though... Maybe I'm not crazy and seems like some other people have the same issue like me. This proves that someone need to do something about it and is an alarm signal.
SpILL
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2010 , 15:30   Re: Redirect BlackListing
Reply With Quote #8

Good news, I don't seen any redirect server so far (from now).. Even NOT seeing f*ckeDPROTO's sub-server.

YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 06-07-2010 , 15:33   Re: Redirect BlackListing
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpILL View Post
Good news, I don't seen any redirect server so far (from now).. Even don't see f*ckeDPROTO's sub-server.
I only see like 10 servers, but that is because I don't use the Internet tab.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
xPaw
Retired AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 06-08-2010 , 04:16   Re: Redirect BlackListing
Reply With Quote #10

There's actually a better way to filter out fake servers, most servers are using some fake written programs, wich fails at some queries wich work normally on normal cs server, so you could query each server, and wait for result, if its wrong or empty, you can consider that it is fake server, i can write such thing with php sometime to print fake server ips, but it will take some time to load the page (20k+ ips to query )