Plugin Dependencies:
Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
Bomb defusal mode with player respawns
Old 04-15-2015 , 10:33   [CSGO] Bomb Assault Mode
Reply With Quote #1

Bomb Assault

Version 0.1.0 - Alpha release

Dependencies: BuyZone Simulator by KawMAN (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1793176) (required to play this on demolition maps. This dependency may be eliminated in future versions.)

Description

This is a variation of the bomb defusal game type where players instantly respawn upon dying. You must buy weapons whenever you respawn like in standard defusal. You earn some money upon spawning, and your team gains cash whenever an opponent is killed. The intent is for this mode to be fast paced and casual like deathmatch, but without removing the economy and objectives from the game.

I recommend playing this on demolition maps (de_lake, de_safehouse, etc), and it also works on regular de_ maps. Demolition maps require the BuyZone Simulator (linked above) because they don't normally have buy zones.

Future Plans

This alpha release only contains the bare essential features required for playtesting. There are still several missing features and rules.
  • Spawning should work similar to deathmatch where you are invincible until moving (or a set amount of time has passed). I'm currently using code from a spawn protection plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1865113) to make players invincible for 5 seconds.
  • Will experiment with giving all Terrorists a bomb, and not ending the round when one is defused. CTs would only win by preventing any bombs from detonating for the whole round.
  • Alter spawn times between the teams. This includes with and without a bomb planted. May even use a respawn wave system like TF2.
  • Cvars for toggling this plugin, and altering round time and number of rounds before halftime.
Attached Files
File Type: smx bombassault.smx (5.4 KB, 388 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (bombassault.sp - 908 views - 2.3 KB)

Last edited by Ris; 06-21-2015 at 13:03.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 04-15-2015 , 14:33   Re: [CSGO] Bomb Assault Mode
Reply With Quote #2

Friendly question, how does this differ from using mp_respawn_on_death_ct/mp_respawn_on_death_t, mp_buyanywhere mp_buytime, and modifying start/max money?
Old 04-15-2015 , 14:53   Re: [CSGO] Bomb Assault Mode
Reply With Quote #3

I'm new to making mods/plugins (this is my first attempt at making any sort of plugin), and I must say that I didn't even know about some of those cvars you mentioned. I have a lot to learn...

That said, mp_buytime applies to the entire round, not to when a player respawns. Thinking about it more though, I much prefer having infinite buytime but limiting it to player spawns. This lets players go back to spawn to buy stuff if they suddenly get a cash surplus. Allowing them to buy while in combat would just seem wrong... not totally out of the question though.

The main difference between setting cvars and this plugin is economy. When you kill a player, your whole team earns cash, and you get a bit of cash every time you die. This keeps the whole concept of managing/earning money in a mode with respawns.

Also, this is just the foundation for what I want to accomplish. I'd like to have every Terrorist be able to plant a bomb (sorta like search & destroy in CoD), and have the round not end if a bomb is defused. I want to balance spawn times for both teams individually (dependent on whether or not there's a bomb planted). I also want to try balancing this for regular de_ maps, where there are challenges with maps that have a bombsite at CT spawn (I'd like to find a solution that doesn't involve configuring new spawn points for each map specifically).

So yes, this plugin is rather simple at the moment, but it does a bit more than you can achieve with existing cvars (afaik), and this isn't the final form of the game mode that I had in mind.

EDIT: Wow. I literally had no idea those respawn cvars existed. Looks like I did a few things the hard way. Thanks so much for telling me about them!

Last edited by Ris; 04-15-2015 at 14:59.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 04-15-2015 , 15:19   Re: [CSGO] Bomb Assault Mode
Reply With Quote #4

Glad I could help (a bit, anyways)! Definitely all of the cvars I mentioned wouldn't be 100% appropriate as you mentioned (buy anywhere, overall economy), so it looks like you've still got a strong start! Not all is in vain

I was going to mention what you touched on, for some de_ maps you will need to somehow adjust ct and t spawns to be equidistant to a bombsite (somehow trigger custom spawns zones once bomb is planted)

Great start!