Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

HSFighter
Veteran Member
Old 01-03-2008 , 10:41   Re: SourceBans (1.0.0 RC1d)

I am also a big fan of Sourcebans.
I hope the Standalone Version will be Continuet and i
see SourceBans reach at least a finished state
I say +100 for a stand alone version...

It is a nice idea to make a vote and ask the community!

P.s. Happy new Jear

Sorry for my very bad english
Greetings HSFighter
Send a message via ICQ to HSFighter
PrefeX
Old 01-03-2008 , 13:17   Re: SourceBans (1.0.0 RC1d)

i use both steambans and sourcebans, but i prefer to use the standalone version, rather then a hosted version at steambans ;)
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-05-2008 , 22:52   Re: SourceBans (1.0.0 RC1d)

This thread is way too long to read and see if this was reported. The current install is missing a step. themes_c must be writable, but the installer did not check this.
Old 01-06-2008 , 04:53   Re: SourceBans (1.0.0 RC1d)

SteamBans is good for community banning but I want our admin management on a local server under direct control. Please keep SourceBans going as a separate product that can be hosted by the people using it.
TFN|Nick
Old 01-06-2008 , 08:01   Re: SourceBans (1.0.0 RC1d)

Why not have an option like HLStatsX?? Where you can have direct control over your server, but can sync up to the master server for bans?? Thats the best of both. At the end of everyday they auto sync??
Send a message via MSN to TFN|Nick
RagingCow
Old 01-06-2008 , 08:22   Re: SourceBans (1.0.0 RC1d)

Another standalone vote here. I don't want to have to depend on SteamBans servers having 100% uptime. I know I would feel much more comfortable hosting SourceBans on my own webserver.
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-06-2008 , 12:23   Re: SourceBans (1.0.0 RC1d)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
This thread is way too long to read and see if this was reported. The current install is missing a step. themes_c must be writable, but the installer did not check this.
Also, on step five of installation, if you do not enter all fields (I tried to leave off steamid and email to test something unrelated), the installation will fail and need to be restarted.
Old 01-06-2008 , 16:17   Re: SourceBans (1.0.0 RC1d)

I appreciate everyone's votes, and I may still continue the standalone, but the SteamBans+SourceBans version will have waaay more features, that just aren't possible in a standalone. And the two products will be completely separated, its not like we will be hosting a 'version' of sourcebans, it will be fully built-into the website as a website feature, not an add-on.

Also i would like to clear up the fact that there are only a handfull of people that would have access to the databases where it will all be stored, so its not like people can be added as admins, or ban people on your servers.

Last note that someone made on another forum is that we would require RCON passwords for this to work... This is NOT the case, the only reason the RCON password is needed in SourceBans is so you can use the RCON console in the admin panel.

// Yarrrr!
Send a message via MSN to Olly
cozmicshredder
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-07-2008 , 01:22   Re: SourceBans (1.0.0 RC1d)

I don't like anyone controlling my bans other then me and my admins and I personally loved the stand alone front end...

It's to bad that you might not continue this project as I don't like linking to someone else's hosting other then mine as I think it's to much to trust so many outlets to expect to maintain 100% uptime...

What if the bans website or hosting crashes and we all loose connection to it or what if one of our admins or clan members gets banned by mistake? why should we have to worry about the fact that they might not be able to play on our servers for a few weeks because of this?

I seriously wish you wouldn't merge but I guess you aren't receiving enough help or donations to continue this stand alone project...

It's almost like you were a threat to them and decided to drop your arms and surender...

Oh well...

I know I don't have to use anything just I love to be in charge of everything and as it is I am already paying tons of money myself get little donations for my time and I see where some of this might be going...

It's just sad that here we have AMXMODX and Sourcemod which is 100% free and been shared for years with millions of people and well the front end access to this stuff is awesome just I think it would be 100% better managed in my case by me not someone else...
Send a message via ICQ to cozmicshredder Send a message via AIM to cozmicshredder Send a message via MSN to cozmicshredder Send a message via Yahoo to cozmicshredder Send a message via Skype™ to cozmicshredder
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-07-2008 , 08:16   Re: SourceBans (1.0.0 RC1d)

Personally, by the way... If the merger happens I'd probably just stop using it. Well technically, I don't use it anyways, my servers aren't populated right now

But I have 0 use for SteamBans and any community ban project. The only thing I'd ever want or need is the ability to control my OWN bans, on my OWN servers.

For what its worth from an SM Dev, I vote keep SourceBans as it is, standalone and seperate. It's got a hell of a nice webpage (Some issues, you need to paginate the admin list ), it nice clean and simple.

Last edited by ferret; 01-07-2008 at 08:19.
Closed Thread