Post New Thread Reply   

RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2010 , 07:15   [ASW] Speed Run Plugin
Reply With Quote #1

Please can someone invent a Alien Swarm Plugin To Do The following

Increased Player Speed
Instant Hack
Increased Weapon Damage (For breaking down locked or Welded Doors)
and Mission Time Display
Speed Up the Elevator in SkyTech Residential

Thank You for listenning to my Request

Regards
[email protected]

Last edited by RavenDan29; 08-01-2010 at 14:34.
ZombieHunterX
Old 08-01-2010 , 13:43   Re: [ASW] Speed Run Plugin
Reply With Quote #2

cvars dude,CVARS!!!!
those are all type's of asw_skill cvars.
and its basicaly cheating ur speedrun achievement.
rodregis
Old 08-02-2010 , 04:23   Re: [ASW] Speed Run Plugin
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenDan29 View Post
Yes i found this asw_marine_speed_scale_normal "3.0"

But the other parts of the plugin request i cant find.

Map duration time display
Speeding up the elavators (residential map)

Instant Hack code didnt do as advertised asw_marine_auto_hack 1 didnt do anything

WHY THE $%^^ MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE SPEED RUN ACHEVEMENTS THEN PPPPPPPPP

IMAO: THATS MODS ARE CHEATS!!!! or alterations
I think I found somoene that can't get his speed run achievement, and is just a little upset.

Would it calm you to learn that I got half of them with only one other player and to know that some of them are even solable?

Have you tried viewing youtube, it will prove that they are all possible and you are full of fail and lies young sir. It seems like you're after a simple achievement hack which just unlocks it for you rather than something to assist with actual legitamate speed runs.

Oh, and incase anyone was wondering about actual speed run mod that helps players with their speed runs so far this seems to be the best tool allowing you to have a timer on your maps provided you have the modified server and client dll's.
Old 08-02-2010 , 08:14   Re: [ASW] Speed Run Plugin
Reply With Quote #4

Thank You for the timer

Cant rely on people being able to acheve the speed runs with you thats the fundamental flaw, people die or have lag or fps lag cause the have a useless vidcard/cpu combination or laptop. Not to mention everybody has there own ipponions as to how to resolve the problem, The run speed is slow which doesnt help at all, the landing bay 1.28 was the closest without cheating thats 0.03 away simply not good enough.

How 2 people? achevement states nobody can die, ive done other achevements were people have left or ive started with only 2 or 3 and its not counted as the missing players prosumably count as dead.

client dll's? so u mean the timer is local only not server?

My apologies for my outburst, think of it as just another mod and forget the cheating bit

Last edited by RavenDan29; 08-02-2010 at 08:17.
rodregis
Old 08-04-2010 , 01:53   Re: [ASW] Speed Run Plugin
Reply With Quote #5

No problem, I hope it does get ported or added as a sourcemod plugin as it's pretty usefull just being able to see the timer alone.

Run speed is rather slow, there's a few tactics to get around it though such as taking flamer/grenade launcher but as cemisti said, there's heaps of youtube vids around.

2 People still counts so long as nobody dies or leaves the game. Trust me, It's how I unlocked my current speed run achievements.

In regards the the modifed dll's the way the current timer mod works is you have to have the server.dll replaced on the person hosting the game or the server.
And each of the people connecting need to have the modded version of the client.dll.

If this was all able to be done in a sourcemod plugin it could remove the need for replacing client and server files, and also the need to run the server in -insecure mode.