Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server FPS

Post New Thread Reply   

Nikkii
Old 04-05-2013 , 01:10   Server FPS
Reply With Quote #1

I've been wondering if there's a way to get the server FPS from inside a plugin that's more direct than this post, since I'd have to parse the entire string when I only want the FPS value (GetServerNetStats already exists for the network information), and possibly CPU too (This is easily done through another language and linux's /proc though, so it's not a big deal)

Edit: This is for TF2.

RCON Helper | [TF2] LogUpload | CCC Donator Tags | PHP Steam API Wrapper

Last edited by Nikkii; 04-07-2013 at 04:32.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2013 , 08:23   Re: Server FPS
Reply With Quote #2

You can give this a try. Untested on Linux though (the offset might be 35).
Attached Files
File Type: zip serverfps.zip (1.4 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 04-06-2013 at 11:56.
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-06-2013 , 10:09   Re: Server FPS
Reply With Quote #3

If I remember right, you can also simply use GetTickInterval to calculate it.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2013 , 15:15   Re: Server FPS
Reply With Quote #4

Yea you should likely just look at your current tick as fps should be basically the same as it is now capped to tick rate last time I checked.
Old 04-06-2013 , 15:52   Re: Server FPS
Reply With Quote #5

Personally I'd prefer the real value over something estimated based on tickrate. The current framerate should give a better idea of how the server is performing at any given time. While the above example requires gamedata, it's unlikely to break because it uses the engine's public interface.

The CPU usage value however is only accurate if the process is assigned to a single core (at least on Windows).
Old 04-07-2013 , 04:29   Re: Server FPS
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
You can give this a try. Untested on Linux though (the offset might be 35).
It's not able to find the engine tool it seems, this is on Linux of course. I also forgot to mention this is Team Fortress 2, not CS:S or any other game, though it should be pretty close.

PHP Code:
L 04/07/2013 04:27:03: [SMPlugin encountered error 25Call was aborted
L 04
/07/2013 04:27:03: [SMNative "SetFailState" reportedpEngineTool (VENGINETOOL003) == Address_Null
L 04
/07/2013 04:27:03: [SMDisplaying call stack trace for plugin "stats.smx":
L 04/07/2013 04:27:03: [SM]   [0]  Line 75, /tf2/match/orangebox/tf/addons/sourcemod/scripting/include/serverfps.inc::GetEngineTool()
L 04/07/2013 04:27:03: [SM]   [1]  Line 26, /tf2/match/orangebox/tf/addons/sourcemod/scripting/include/serverfps.inc::GetServerFPS()
L 04/07/2013 04:27:03: [SM]   [2]  Line 20stats.sp::OnPluginStart() 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
Yea you should likely just look at your current tick as fps should be basically the same as it is now capped to tick rate last time I checked.
It won't always be that, It SHOULD be at 66, however multiple factors could make it drop (Plugins performing expensive operations in OnGameFrame, the server not having enough CPU power, etc), and I want to make an easier way to parse the FPS so I can finish a 'tf2 top' type system which I can monitor all of my servers with, as currently I'm calling 'stats' via rcon and using regex on it in PHP, which isn't the best way to do it for sure.

Last edited by Nikkii; 04-07-2013 at 04:32.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2013 , 06:10   Re: Server FPS
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkii View Post
It's not able to find the engine tool it seems, this is on Linux of course. I also forgot to mention this is Team Fortress 2, not CS:S or any other game, though it should be pretty close.
Odd, apparently that interface doesn't exist on the Linux bin. I've attached an alternative method.
Attached Files
File Type: zip serverfps.zip (1.2 KB, 190 views)
Old 04-07-2013 , 06:28   Re: Server FPS
Reply With Quote #8

Considering how simple parsing the string is, it seems much saner to just use ServerCommandEx to execute "stats" and then a trivial regex to extract the FPS.
Old 04-07-2013 , 06:38   Re: Server FPS
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Considering how simple parsing the string is, it seems much saner to just use ServerCommandEx to execute "stats" and then a trivial regex to extract the FPS.
This is true depending on how often you'd like to poll the stats. A while ago I had a plugin that grabbed these values once per second to determine dips in performance, and the console spam + string parsing didn't sit well with me.
Old 04-07-2013 , 11:28   Re: Server FPS
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
This is true depending on how often you'd like to poll the stats. A while ago I had a plugin that grabbed these values once per second to determine dips in performance, and the console spam + string parsing didn't sit well with me.
Exactly why I'm looking for an alternate method I already have a working version of what I want, but having 'stats' polled once every 5 seconds is VERY spammy. I'll try it out later, just about to get some sleep.

Anyway, the second version works, thanks

Last edited by Nikkii; 04-09-2013 at 09:19.